Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow download speeds in douglas today

• 18-08-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

Is any one experiencing slow download speeds in Douglas today,

My line stats have gone from a stable 4M connection to less than 3M over the last few days.

before:
    Connection Speed 4096 kbps / 384kbps
    Line Attenuation 50.0 db / 28.0 db
    Noise Margin 9.1 db / 27.0 db

today:
    Connection Speed 2944 kbps / 384kbps
    Line Attenuation 50.5 db / 28.5 db
    Noise Margin 7.6 db / 28.0 db

Speed test from www.speedtest.net
    before:
    3.51 / 0.33

today:
    0.14 / 0.32

Has any one experienced any thing similar ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

More likely that you've a damaged line or something.

Pick up your phone, dial any key and listen for crackles. If it's crackly, report a fault to eircom / your provider and mention that you can't hear people properly.

There's a lot of work going on in Douglas due to the floods and also because of fibre-to-kerb installation. So, your line could have been disturbed or damaged underground somewhere.

Also check your connections, filters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

Think there is something wrong alright im on the Ringaskiddy exchange fed by Douglas I think and my ping on speedtest has gone from a solid 50ms to +700 I cant even get an accurate speed test

Advertisement