Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting a business

Options
  • 19-08-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

i am thinking of starting a odour removal and deodorising business,i did some research and it seems to be a growing business,just wondering does many people or businesses use this service,any feedback welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Used a business like it once to get a smell out of a carpet. it done the job for a week or two but then the smell came back. Instead of using the service again we just bought a new carpet! Dont know if that reply is any help to you or not! Maybe stick a poll in the thread to see woh would\wouldnt use the business!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tonsan

thank you for feedback,was it done with a thermal fogging mahine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

same fogging machines that are used for fumigation / bacterial killing purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tonsan

yes,that is the type of business i am starting,as well as deodorising cars houses etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

tonsan wrote: »
    yes,that is the type of business i am starting,as well as deodorising cars houses etc

Well in that case I've found them to be quite rubbish truth be told for smells , fumigation and general disinfecting.

Distinctly remember someone taking a bacteria reading of a two similar surfaces and the one that had been scrubbed (traditionally cleaned if you will) actually had a much lower reading than the fogger.

Suppose would also depend on the chemical going into the fogger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Yeah i think it was the thermal fogger!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

tonsan wrote: »
    i am thinking of starting a odour removal and deodorising business,i did some research and it seems to be a growing business,just wondering does many people or businesses use this service,any feedback welcome

Maybe make a list of possible clients, then ring a few of them and see what feed back you get. Eg.. Hotels, letting agents, night clubs, taxi drivers??

Also you could do a web search for companies (here and abroad) that offer this already and see who their clients are (testimonials). Might give you some ideas.

Advertisement