Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headline acts playing "secret gigs" in pubs all across cork for Arthur's day.

Options
  • 19-08-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

There's apparently a lineup of "secret concerts" taking place in various pubs across cork on Arthur's day (27th september)featuring acts such as Fatboy Slim, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding, Mika and Professer Green. "Corkonians are invited to vote for their local with the winning pubs securing one of the headlining artists". The artist decided for each pub won't be decided until the night, and with 50 pubs involved, should be a good laugh. more info at guinness.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Yup :) I voted for Reardons a bunch of times :) Think they wanted Professor Green, I'd prefer Tinie Tempah myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Fatboy slim is supposedly one of the acts!

Vote for Reardens so I don't have to walk too far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

These are a load of rubbish. I went to the Savoy, Cork last year because I was told that my favourite artist, Neil Hannon was headlining. He was on for four songs and then he was carted away to one of the "secret locations" to play for people who had bought tickets to see somebody who wasn't him. It's the most idiotic idea I've ever heard to encourage people to pay for tickets to see artists they like and then to take away said artist and replace the artist other people paid to see with the artist I paid to see.

I can't fathom what the point of it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Chloris wrote: »
    I can't fathom what the point of it is.

Marketing!! Diageo are geniuses! Interestingly for a supposed celebration of an Irish cultural institute there isn't any Irish bands headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Dermighty wrote: »
    Fatboy slim is supposedly one of the acts!

Why is an alcoholic promoting a drink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The think about the voting is every venue is up against one another for the biggest acts.

Its excellent marketing but I wont be voting for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

Marketing!! Diageo are geniuses! Interestingly for a supposed celebration of an Irish cultural institute there isn't any Irish bands headlining.

It's embarrassing IMHO
    Along with the Bulmers Cider Ads...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

I agree with you, it's a farce! I'm surprised it's lasted this many years actually. I haven't seen those Bulmers ads.

I agree with you, it's a farce! I'm surprised it's lasted this many years actually. I haven't seen those Bulmers ads.

Thanks The Scratcher. You're in for a real treat when you see the Bulmers embarrassment :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Considering I wouldn't pay to see any of them, sounds like a good deal.

pint of Beamish for me please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

They don't sell Beamish at those. Murphys, Guiness and Heineken taps are set up to replace the usual taps in the venue. Or at least, that's what happened at the Savoy on Martha's Day last year.

that was the joke :(

Kinda wish they would quit the whole idea.....not funny

that was the joke :(

I got the joke :D

*high fives*

Advertisement