Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HP gym needed

• 19-08-2012 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi guys,

I;m recently after moving from Drumcondra and my beloved Santry (Morton Stadium) HP gym out toward Lucan. Is there anybody that knows anywhere that has a full free weights section, ideally including bumper weights around the west of Dublin? Driving over the M50 will mean adding at least €30 a week to expenses not to mention an hour round commute for every session so I really would like to find something suitable nearer to West Dublin. Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Evan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

CrossFit West Dublin is about the only place around you as far as I know. And primarily class based so may not be what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

Hi guys,

I;m recently after moving from Drumcondra and my beloved Santry (Morton Stadium) HP gym out toward Lucan. Is there anybody that knows anywhere that has a full free weights section, ideally including bumper weights around the west of Dublin? Driving over the M50 will mean adding at least €30 a week to expenses not to mention an hour round commute for every session so I really would like to find something suitable nearer to West Dublin. Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Evan

http://www.liffeyvalleyfitness.ie/gym1.html

great gym.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

What does HP standfor?
    If Blanch/Clonsilla isn't too far you could look at Animal Barbell.
    They have weights and bumpers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

d'Oracle wrote: »
    What does HP standfor?

High Performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheGreatHuman

d'Oracle wrote: »
    What does HP standfor?
    If Blanch/Clonsilla isn't too far you could look at Animal Barbell.
    They have weights and bumpers.

Looks more promising, thanks a lot. Do they have lifting platforms here for cleans and snatches? Might be worth a visit.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    CrossFit West Dublin is about the only place around you as far as I know. And primarily class based so may not be what you want.

Thanks for the reply,

As usual with crossfit, great equipment, strange ethos, and insane prices. They quoted me €1,590 for the year for full access outside of class times. Madness.

Might not be quite what I need; thanks though, might give them a call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Thanks for the reply,

As usual with crossfit, great equipment, strange ethos, and insane prices. They quoted me €1,590 for the year for full access outside of class times. Madness.

That's a "thanks for the enquiry but we don't do that sorta thing" price and I'd quote the same. Or just refuse to quote at all!!! :D

Animal is a great choice. Definitely consider it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Looks more promising, thanks a lot. Do they have lifting platforms here for cleans and snatches? Might be worth a visit.

They have places where people do deadlifts. I presume they will do the trick.
    Have a look at their site or facebook. No shortage of pics and videos of people training there. It should get you an idea.

Hanley wrote: »
    That's a "thanks for the enquiry but we don't do that sorta thing" price and I'd quote the same. Or just refuse to quote at all!!! :D

Animal is a great choice. Definitely consider it.

Yeah I heard you were after making your own gym, congrats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement