Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photovision 2012 - Croke Park Tuesday 4th September

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Nor is Damien Lovegrove :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i will be there

they tried to get me to exhibit again, but not bothering this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭inkedpt

Just a reminder... Photovision 2012 is tomorrow at Croke Park. Got some interesting price lists be mail if you're in the market for new gear this isn't to bad. The seminars starts at 10am and the trade show at 11am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

So did anybody get to go to this?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Yep, me as did quite a few other Boardsies (and former Boardsies - PC). Not much different from last year TBH, lots of wedding albums....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I went. Very disappointing. If you're looking for print/wedding albums, it's great. Otherwise, not a whole lot there.

In saying that, Birmingham's were doing a 10% sale, so I did save on an item I wanted.

Ah that's kind of what I expected. If Bermingham's were doing a 10% discount that is good to hear. Perhaps more will be encouraged to do so next year and they might compete a bit. Nothing worse than paying into something like that only to stand in front of a bunch of stalls selling with no discounts! At least it was a mini social gathering for some of the boardsies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

tororosso wrote: »
    Ah that's kind of what I expected. If Bermingham's were doing a 10% discount that is good to hear. Perhaps more will be encouraged to do so next year and they might compete a bit. Nothing worse than paying into something like that only to stand in front of a bunch of stalls selling with no discounts! At least it was a mini social gathering for some of the boardsies!
    All the exhibitors were doing deals on the day, most of them in excess of 10%, also there has never been an entrance fee to PhotoVision - just to set the record straight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Paulw wrote: »
    I went. Very disappointing.

glad I didn't go ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Last year when I went there was great savings on gear. Its more for studio/portrait/wedding photographers in terms of the exhibitors. Great that it's still free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I was asked several questions b4 I was let in. :p
    Met P&B and a few pixies including SusieQ
    The show itself had nothing for me cept a bag I liked but they didn't actually sell them there :rolleyes:

I got onto the seating in the stadium and took a few pics, no tripod...might PP it later.

Oh Bermingham's also had the Canon 5D mk III for 3k

All the exhibitors were doing deals on the day, most of them in excess of 10%, also there has never been an entrance fee to PhotoVision - just to set the record straight....

Ok sorry, might have this mixed up with an event in the crown plaza hotel if my memory serves me rightly. Went there about 5 years ago and paid in. Might check out PhotoVision next year so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Photovision is a grand trade show and if you have time to spare its a good event to have a browse and maybe see a seminar or 2. Traders are not going to give away stuff but there are discounts. The free lens cloths and pens come in handy ;) I got a new tripod head from Bermingham's stand with a €30 discount.

Advertisement