Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael J Fox Back On TV

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭arsenal1991

I have the last few episodes a go and found it really generic. It comes across as a poor mans Men of a Certain Age only without the wit or insight.

Yeah not his greatest work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

tis weird....one would think MJF would pull the punters in, but its been a big ole flop!....deffo axed by May. But Fox i am sure will get lost of other oppertunites, he's a fine actor when he gets the right role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I must be on my own here because I actually like this show. It's certainly grown on me since the early episodes.

The family's characters are good as is Bunk's. The only one I don't like is yer one at the station that he has a rivalry with. That arc is pretty poor but I'm enjoying the rest of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jenjenten wrote: »
    tis weird....one would think MJF would pull the punters in, but its been a big ole flop!....deffo axed by May. But Fox i am sure will get lost of other oppertunites, he's a fine actor when he gets the right role.

I love him on TGW get him back there or give him a spin off show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I love him on TGW get him back there or give him a spin off show

He's headed back to TGW now.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/06/michael-j-fox-good-wife/

You have to wonder if NBC saw his signing up to appear in a Fox show was seen as a betrayal and they opted to just cut their losses. While we've know the show was in trouble it did appear that NbC were giving the show every chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You have to wonder if NBC saw his signing up to appear in a Fox show was seen as a betrayal and they opted to just cut their losses. While we've know the show was in trouble it did appear that NbC were giving the show every chance.

I think that's just because they ordered a full 22 season in advance and it was all produced by the time we saw a failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I know this show got panned was eventually cancelled before the full season was even broadcast but as you can see from my previous post on this thread, I really liked it.

I finally got around to watching the cancelled episodes that were shown in Australia and they were really good. They even managed to squeeze in a "where we're going, we don't need...." line and the Doc even made an appearance in an episode too.

It's a shame I'm in the minority with this one. I would have loved another season of it.

Advertisement