Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Exams

Options
  • 19-08-2012 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I am a 3rd year student in Sligo and I have a repeat exam next week. I have studied but I am still worried about it. What happens if I fail?
    I mean do I have to repeat the year or just the exam? And if I must repeat the year am I liable to pay the student service charge? Also if it’s just the exam to be repeated, do I sit it in January 2013, August 2013 or some other time?

I hope someone can answer these questions for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

it depends if you're doing a 3 or 4 year course?

if its a 4 year course you can usually carry the subject on for a future year and repeat it again in August of the following year.

i'd focus on passing it this year, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

I am focused on my exams;), I just like to know all my options I guess.

It is just a 3 year course though. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

How many exams are you repeating and which course.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

I am repeating two and the course is Games Development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

This is the final year in the programme so you will need to pass the exams to graduate / progress on to the honours degree.

If you have to repeat you have to options.

You can repeat the exam only which has only a small fee same as what you paid to repeat the autumn exams.

If you want to repeat attend you will have to pay that proportion of the full fees. If you repeat attend you attend class, get to do the assessments again and the exams.

You will only have to repeat the exams you fail, the exams you have passed are already passed, so there is no need to retake them.

Best of luck with the exams. I know a lot of the computing students are here and might be able to help with advice regarding the content of the exams.

Not my thing so I cant be of any help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement