Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What small things do you miss about...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Oh I mean the stressful process of actually putting the sheet on a duvet. The only way I can do it is by pretending I'm a ghost, I literally know no other way

If you try to put a sheet on the duvet, thats maybe why it's so stressful lol ;) Just kidding :)

The ghost thing is hilarious. I do this to freak my dog out :) Best way I found is to turn the duvet cover inside out, and hold the ends without the buttons and match up to two corners of the duvet, then lift the two corners and shake so the rest of the duvet cover sort of falls down. Usually a 20 second job :D ok I admit, mammy showed me that. Or is that like...how everyone does it? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Lyaiera wrote: »
    What small things do you miss about living at home with your parents?

I was thinking about tomorrow morning, a lazy Sunday doing a bit of cleaning and washing, and a bit of gaming with the house mate. And it struck me. When I get up I have to boil the kettle and wait to make a tea or coffee. When I was at home there'd always be a pot of coffee and usually tea on the go. It would be but a minute after waking up and I'd have a cup of tea (with a smoke.) Now I have to wait for the kettle to boil and make the cup of tea myself. It's no big deal but I now realise how such a small thing made mornings a fair bit better.

I've been thinking about this for a while now, a good long while... there is nothing I miss about living with my parents.
    Seriously, nothing at all. I'm at a point in my life where I honestly am amazed each day at how brilliant life is, so much better than I ever expected it could be growing up.
    And before anyone asks, I'm now heading for 40 at quite some speed, I'm no teenager who just recently left home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I don't know how to fold a T-shirt or shirt or jumper like you see in the shops

I make an attempt at doing it but it's not very good

Must ask the mammy someday

Can't wrap presents either, not neatly. I take the farmers wrapping round bales approach, just wrap it around enough times and eventually twill all be covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I don't know how to fold a T-shirt or shirt or jumper like you see in the shops

I make an attempt at doing it but it's not very good

Must ask the mammy someday

Need to perfect this.

Advertisement