Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you have drove while drunk?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

bluewolf wrote: »
    Never. I drove twice one day while extremely tired - fcuking scary. I don't know how something didn't happen, but not a chance I'd do it again or while drunk

I think driving when you're exhausted can be worse than drunk driving. It is indeed a fooking terrifying experience. Someone I know got pulled in by the guards for driving erratically on the road - he was stone cold sober but was just extremely tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Rasheed wrote: »
    I used to. All the time, it was out in the country, no-one ever got bagged. Then something horrific happened, (I wasn't driving) and I can't stress enough how life changing one silly mistake can be.
    What happened?
    The suspense is killing me.
    Im guessing its guinness/pothole/dead farmer related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

What happened?

Your attempts to be funny are pretty terrible to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Drake66

The vintners don't make it easy for the driver. €2.70 for a small bottle of coke I was charged last week. Bunch of price gougers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

What happened?

Girl in her teens is paralysed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

cymbaline wrote: »
    I think driving when you're exhausted can be worse than drunk driving. It is indeed a fooking terrifying experience. Someone I know got pulled in by the guards for driving erratically on the road - he was stone cold sober but was just extremely tired.

It can be terrifying alright, I found myself almost nodding off at the wheel once or twice, on the M7 which doesn't help as it's an exceptionally tedious drive. I always make sure to stop for 10 minutes and a coffee now when I start feeling tired, the alternative just isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

No one is perfect and I respect you for coming on here and admitting your past mistakes.
    Bless me father for I have sinned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I've never gotten into a car after having a drink that evening but would have to say a few times had i been stopped the morning after I would have been over the limit.

While in the family car years ago we were hit by a drunk driver in Cork city. She came up the quays at over 60mph through a red light into us and the carnage was unbelievable. Being in a big saloon car saved us from more than minor injuries and a split second back the road she would have come through the passenger doors rather than hitting the rear of the car. She couldn't stand when she got out of her car she was so pissed. There was a Garda car traveling behind us coincidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Did it and was caught twelve years ago, I was a total gimp to do it in the first place.

In hindsight the fact that I actually did that embarrasses me greatly.

On a side note, you get some huge quotes for insurance when you have an endorsement for drink driving on your licence, proper order though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I did it twice 17 years ago, the 2nd time I crashed and went straight through a wall. The Guards were on the scene a few minutes later and bagged me.

I woke up the next morning and it felt like a bad dream.
    I went to court and served my ban, I was a stupid 23 year old and I've never done since and never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I drove drunk once. In a housing estate. For some reason, the car had to be moved from A to B. There was a distance of 20 metres and my friend said he was too drunk to drive and kept at me to do it. I only did it because it was a short distance in a straight line, in the dead of night, in a residential neighbourhood. So I figured I could do 5 miles an hour and there was nothing/no-one to hit.

I ended up mangling his axle on the kerb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Have never drove drunk, and I would like to think I never will. I won't even let my friends drive drunk, I have taken a friends keys home with me in the past because he was talking about drivng home that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Wasn't expecting the answers to this tread at all. Aren't we all good little boys and girls - mostly! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I did on the night of the millennium, a family emergency, I never did before and I never will again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Never have, never will..

I know a girl who does though, she openly will admit to it and laugh at you if you try and chastise her...

The same girl got her provisional licence, had never driven in her life and put her 6 week old in the back seat so she's Not exactly the responsible type.

Im from a rural border area originally so drink driving is normal, esp with ppl coming over the border. When I was younger hthere was nothing to be done to penalise drivers who crossed the border so they didnt give a hoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Never have, never will.
    I can honestly say I despise people who do it, I think you need to have something seriously wrong with your head to even consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fr Jessup

Drive home from the pub/niteclub drunk regularly, taxi's are too expensive.

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of people who admit to it and blame it on being young. No wonder car insurance for young lads is so high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Never. Curious thread this: hardly a survey and it has the shtink of "ah shure didn't we all do it".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Never have, never will..

I know a girl who does though, she openly will admit to it and laugh at you if you try and chastise her...

The same girl got her provisional licence, had never driven in her life and put her 6 week old in the back seat so she's Not exactly the responsible type.

Im from a rural border area originally so drink driving is normal, esp with ppl coming over the border. When I was younger hthere was nothing to be done to penalise drivers who crossed the border so they didnt give a hoot!
    Driving with a child in that condition is neglect and an actionable item for social services.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

LoYL wrote: »
    Driving with a child in that condition is neglect and an actionable item for social services.

Kind of reminds me of all those concerned young moms you can spot on busy shopping streets pushing the buggy with the kid inside out into the road between parked cars... presumably so the kid can check if there's any cars coming, and the give mummy the all-clear to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I moved my Dad's car around the house once just to experience drink driving. Ended up damaging the rear bumper in a collision with the back wall, my father physically attacked me as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

LoYL wrote: »
    Never have, never will..

Well I didnt know her at the time, her kid is 7 now but she boasts about having no fear and was telling me Not to worry about driving alone because I'm a learner, and she was fine so I'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

I did it once on a country road. I wasn't hammered, wasn't swerving but could definetely tell the difference from being sober. I drove slowly and was as careful as I could be. It isn't something i'm proud of and never did it again. :(

MagicSean wrote: »
    I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of people who admit to it and blame it on being young. No wonder car insurance for young lads is so high.

We made a mistake and we admitted it, when your a young guy in your teens and early 20s you don't see things the same way as older people.

We made a mistake and we admitted it, when your a young guy in your teens and early 20s you don't see things the same way as older people.

Bull**** excuse. Don't try and lump all young people in with yourself.

Bull**** excuse. Don't try and lump all young people in with yourself.

I didn't say all young people, and don't tell me for one minute that you are mr perfect and never made a mistake.

I didn't say all young people, and don't tell me for one minute that you are mr perfect and never made a mistake.

I never drove with any drink in me. In fact I never endangered anyones life during my youth.

• Advertisement

I never drove with any drink in me. In fact I never endangered anyones life during my youth.

Good man.

I paid for what I did so I'm not going to beat myself up oversomething that happened 17 years ago.

Advertisement