Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Good Smoked Salmon

Options
  • 19-08-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭

Love smoked Salmon. Am doing the Dukan diet so eating lots of it at the moment too.

There is a special on Dunns Smoked Salmon in Superquinn at the minute, but the last pack I bought, I found it extremely salty.

Yesterday had Kinvara Organic Smoked Salmon, have to say this was excellent will buy again, but am also looking for some other recommendations.

Any recommendations for Gravad Lax too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You can do worse than the organic smoked salmon in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

around october november time dunnes stock a wild alaskan smoked salmon for a reasonable price. the texture and flavor is out of this world. worth looking out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

vicwatson wrote: »
    You can do worse than the organic smoked salmon in Aldi.

+1 on this, its very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Birdsong wrote: »
    +1 on this, its very nice

Any wild (not farmed) salmon tends to be very nice if a bit pricy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Her cold smoked tuna is unbelievable!!
    Don't think she does it very often though - it's so nice there isn't much market for it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP Burren smokehouse smoked salmon is very good and I think much cheaper that the likes of Woodcock or Hedarmans which is very good but just way, way too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭anewme

By pure coincidence, I got some burren smokehouse salmon today (marinated in lemon, dill and honey) It was 100% extra free, so I think I got about 500 g for a tenner.

Will have that for lunch during the week.

Had smoked tuna before at a Restaurant in Galway, was amazing.

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Frank Hedermans smoked salmon is the best I've ever had.

He does a hot smoking method as well as the regular cold smoke. His chilli hot smoked salmon is food of the gods.

http://frankhederman.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

pwurple wrote: »
    Frank Hedermans smoked salmon is the best I've ever had.

He does a hot smoking method as well as the regular cold smoke. His chilli hot smoked salmon is food of the gods.

http://frankhederman.com/

I'm all for paying for quality but that guy is just taking the p1ss!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I love the smoked salmon in Aldi - its in a blue packet and it's E3.45 - absolutely divine - not Irish though, it's Scottish but hey I like it so I'm gonna buy it:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement