Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Hail Secondary use items!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sill17

emo mountbrown petrol station is closed 4 the last week anyone know why ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wooden spoon = bottle opener (just belt the cork in)

ahh I miss the college days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I used my galaxy camera as a magnifying glass when I couldn't see the router wireless number.

But smartphones has billions of secondary uses amazing thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 latte2010

Using read newspapers as bog roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

wprathead wrote: »
    wooden spoon = bottle opener (just belt the cork in)

ahh I miss the college days

A remember opening a wine bottle by jamming it in a window and pulling. We were on a school trip to Paris.
    Drinking away when I got something sharp in my mouth... A piece of glass had chipped from the neck of the bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

sill17 wrote: »

:D have you taken a wrong turn somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Remember reading about using Coke to clear windows of your car to get the grime that just won't come off over in the Motors section on boards - I have no idea if this works as I don't own a car yet but them lads seemed to think it worked very well.

Either that or it was the greatest trolling session ever had on boards to troll on gullible eijits like me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

:D you should definitely try that, sounds very sticky plausible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

:D you should definitely try that, sounds very sticky plausible.

Here's the Thread

Googling tells me that it' the citric acid in the coke that does the cleaning and then a good rinse of water to clean the coke off and spotless windows..

and mouth wash for the windscreen water reservoir to kill all the germs out - who needs fancy expensive windscreen cleaners :pac:

€5 and spotless windows

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

CDs can make good mirrors and can also be used as coasters.

Fold up a beer mat and jam it under an uneven table.

Pen casings can be used to fire spit balls.

2 spoon can be played to make a rhythmic sound.

Empty beer cans can be used to store cigarette butts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yes, the petrol station should have opened a convenience store as a means of secondary income, thereby offsetting ever-increasing fuel costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Remember reading about using Coke to clear windows of your car to get the grime that just won't come off over in the Motors section on boards - I have no idea if this works as I don't own a car yet but them lads seemed to think it worked very well.

Either that or it was the greatest trolling session ever had on boards to troll on gullible eijits like me :pac:

It works for toilets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

:D have you taken a wrong turn somewhere?

Secondary use of this thread to find out the craic with things.

Also, LoLo Ball = mindless bouncing fun + substitute for the planet Saturn when making model of Solar System.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

From YLYL

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

This morning i was debagging (Not tea bagging;)) my wifes cuppa and as per usual i deposited the squeezed bag in the little triangular area at the corner of the sink and it occurred to me how ideal this is for the purpose. It is more often than not beside the kettle, it does not get tea stained, it drains any remaining tea away safely and is just the right size and yet i doubt it was designed for this purpose.
    The same with Bic Biros. How would children of the 80's have wound up their cassettes with out one and was there a commercially available alternative. i dont think so.
    What is you favourite secondary usage item. (ladies cannot nominate the tumble drier corner).

Are you unemployed by any chance......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

a lighter as a bottle opener
    Also good for confirming gas leaks.

Advertisement