Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection between your access point router or cable,modem and the internet is broken

• 19-08-2012 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi folks, I have a Toshiba for yearly 1 year now and working fine until this morning where I received below message while trying to log on to the internet "Connection between your access point router or cable, modem and the internet is broken". It is saying that I am connected but there is no internet access. I am have done a search on line with this probleam and followed throught with instructions(Did clean reboot) but still the probleam is still there. My wifes laptop is fine so I guss this suggests that the router is fine. Can anybody shed any light on this, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

I have had a few problems in the past with something similar .Try uninstalling the ethernet network adapter on your toshiba. When you have done this rescan for any hardware changes and it will reinstall the drivers again.Go to start then computer right click on computer then device manager look for network adapter and follow the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

vulmac wrote: »
    I have had a few problems in the past with something similar .Try uninstalling the ethernet network adapter on your toshiba. When you have done this rescan for any hardware changes and it will reinstall the drivers again.Go to start then computer right click on computer then device manager look for network adapter and follow the above

Thanks Vulmac, tryed that but it did not appear to work.

Another one to try is go to control panel click on network and internet. Click on network and sharing centre. Click on change adapter settings go to local area connection right click and select diagnose. See can you get it to work with this if not right click again select properties and select configure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I managed to get it going, not to sure how though!!. But the other halfs laptop also went down, when this happened, I thougt it must be router probleam. Now it is coming and going, and it appears to be a bit slower. I am no expert on these things, I am assuming it is router probleam. I have had the router about 6 years now, not sure what the life span of a router is.

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    I managed to get it going, not to sure how though!!. But the other halfs laptop also went down, when this happened, I thougt it must be router probleam. Now it is coming and going, and it appears to be a bit slower. I am no expert on these things, I am assuming it is router probleam. I have had the router about 6 years now, not sure what the life span of a router is.

if you can borrow a router to try out it may help you make a decision. Depending which telephone company you are with you may get a new modem to transfer to another. Some of them will give you a free modem to change to them. Shop around and get a better package deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement