Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board with more volume than Bic

Options
  • 19-08-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a second board, something with more volume than my Bic Minimal 7' 3". Any recommendations?

I don't think a shorter board would suit. I'm thinking a 7' 3" with more volume,or else something longer. But I still want to turn.

I'm an intermediate surfer , 80kg and 5' 7".

I do find the Bic sluggish paddling out and on anything below 3' waves, I maybe a bit heavy, but I see alot on those epoxy boards and they seem to catch even the smaller waves with limited effort.
    The Bic works fine for me on anything above 3ft but paddling out is still slow.

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A Bic 7"3 has loads of volume for it's size. I would say invest in a proper 9 foot plus longboard, they can turn just fine and would be less sluggish in the water than the Bic. Plus no matter how good you get you'll always have use for a longboard.

Having said that it could just be your positioning on the wave more than anything thats giving you trouble as you should be able to catch pretty small waves on a Bic, although the shape of the 7"3 isn't as user friendly as the 7"9 or 8"3.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭killedsirius

I'm looking for a second board, something with more volume than my Bic Minimal 7' 3". Any recommendations?

I don't think a shorter board would suit. I'm thinking a 7' 3" with more volume,or else something longer. But I still want to turn.

I'm an intermediate surfer , 80kg and 5' 7".

I do find the Bic sluggish paddling out and on anything below 3' waves, I maybe a bit heavy, but I see alot on those epoxy boards and they seem to catch even the smaller waves with limited effort.
    The Bic works fine for me on anything above 3ft but paddling out is still slow.

A chinese made epoxy board is no match for the bic. 7'3 is probably too small for 1ft waves if you're not the strongest paddler. I agree with mickeroo, get a longboard. I had a summer of endless fun on my 9'3, can break out the 7'2 then on 3ft days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

Second that, get a long board.

Just one point is that Bic have a few long boards and one of them, which is the one I got is rather more sporty - it's a 9 foot E comp classic long board that I have. I weigh about 75kg.

I'd be recommending that you go either for either the 9foot 4 inch E comp (more expensive) or 9foot4 inch ACS to give you a bit more lift.

Advertisement