Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can a 17 year old get insured on a nsr125

• 19-08-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was just wondering if any one knew would a 17 year old be able to get insured on a honda nsr 125, I've heard people say i wouldnt be able to and some people said i would. I need to know asap so if anyone had any insight id be very great full.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

If you're 17 and have done your theory test & your IBT then there's no reason why you wont be able to get insured on a 125. Some companies don't insure younger drivers, but there's always someone who will. Your best bet is to ring them yourself and try and get a quote. I know adelaide usually dont, but Liberty are a good place to start. Then try Aon and Carole Nash etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 michaelc09

Pipz wrote: »
    If you're 17 and have done your theory test & your IBT then there's no reason why you wont be able to get insured on a 125. Some companies don't insure younger drivers, but there's always someone who will. Your best bet is to ring them yourself and try and get a quote. I know adelaide usually dont, but Liberty are a good place to start. Then try Aon and Carole Nash etc.

I thought that as well but i bought an aprilia rs 125 this week and i cant get insured on it because it is a grade 6 bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Get a four stroke non-sportsbike 125 for a year if you can't get insured. Might not be as cool as the rs but it'll do for a start.

NSR will be the same grouping as the RS.

Try Liberty. They're basically the only choice for young lads at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 michaelc09

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Get a four stroke non-sportsbike 125 for a year if you can't get insured. Might not be as cool as the rs but it'll do for a start.

NSR will be the same grouping as the RS.

Try Liberty. They're basically the only choice for young lads at the moment.
    yeah that sounds like my best option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

before you buy the next bike, find someone who will quote you on it first, and get a reference number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I've an '03 Honda Cityfly sitting in the shed here. PM me if you've any interest.

As the man above says, check with the insurance company before you consider it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I've an '03 Honda Cityfly sitting in the shed here. PM me if you've any interest.

As the man above says, check with the insurance company before you consider it!

They're grand little yokes them. Some laugh on them I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

When I went to get my first bike in 2008, a couple of garages put me off going for an NSR125 as they were very hard to find parts for, since they haven't been produced since 2001. Not sure how true it was, but found it weird that they would put me off buying bikes that they were selling.

All I was looking for was something small with a nice look about it. Ended up with a big Varadero 125!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

125 sport replicas are notoriously hard to get insured on!

Best to start with a different type of bike for a year or two.

Advertisement