Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bimm dublin

Options
  • 19-08-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi guys, just thought id set up a thread for all people awaiting to hear about acceptance into bimm tomorrow following the cao offers. has anyone sorted out acc yet? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Wow, hell of a difference in last year. Points gone up by 130. Points for this year at 435

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WilhelmFink

130??

......one hundred & thirty??

What does the hash symbol mean? I have a feeling that means other factors (i.e our audition)

But... 130?

Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 caz2580

:)

CiaranK wrote: »

I think that was me just in denial...

I'd say the auditions wont make a big difference, as in you'll need 435 in the LC...

Oh I don't know anymore :(

There's gonna be a lot of talented but disappointed musicians in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 13whatsername

Got in!
    So frickin' ecstatic!
    Those 435 really threw me as i'd have been five short but i guess it definately includes points from the audition :)

• Advertisement

Congrats!

Talk about a points rise eh? :pac:

Congrats!

Talk about a points rise eh? :pac:

Thanks!

And jesus, when I saw it I was just staring at the screen in shock for a good five minutes. I expected it to jump but not by more than maybe 80 tops. Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alan42

Hey guys,got in myself!
    Anyone looking for accommodation?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭eric90000

hey, I got in aswell! delighted, was pretty nervous when I saw it had gone up by 130 points! I'm doing the songwriting stream, whats everyone else doing!?

I can definitely confirm the audition points are added on top of your total leaving cert points also!

If yous don't mind me asking, how much points did you get?

If they added the audition, then I'll be at most 20 points off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dopywell

Yes I'm Trying to find accommodation in Dublin. I'd love to share with other bimm students if you need someone to fill a room or whatever. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dopywell

Does anyone know how to join the bimm Dublin Facebook group? It might be useful to find other musicians with spare rooms etc.

eric90000 wrote: »
    hey, I got in aswell! delighted, was pretty nervous when I saw it had gone up by 130 points! I'm doing the songwriting stream, whats everyone else doing!?

I can definitely confirm the audition points are added on top of your total leaving cert points also!

Congratulations!
    I'm gonna be doing songwriting aswell! Cannot wait! :)

dopywell wrote: »
    Yes I'm Trying to find accommodation in Dublin. I'd love to share with other bimm students if you need someone to fill a room or whatever. Cheers.

Hey,
    Yeah I'm looking for somewhere at the moment,hoping to find a few BIMM students to stay with.
    I'm actually a member of the BIMM facebook group so if you send me your facebook I could add you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MaybeTara

Only found this thread today. I got in to songwriting, nearly had a heart attack when I saw the points.

Congratulations!
    I'm gonna be doing songwriting aswell! Cannot wait! :)

cheers!! same to you!

look forward to mettin ya in Sep! any idea when we start actually? and did u get any info about registration yet?

MaybeTara wrote: »
    Only found this thread today. I got in to songwriting, nearly had a heart attack when I saw the points.

yeah me too! crazy stuff, I'm doing songwriting aswell! cant wait.

cheers!! same to you!

look forward to mettin ya in Sep! any idea when we start actually? and did u get any info about registration yet?

Thanks! Same! :)
    I haven't a clue, haven't heard anything. On the DIT website on the induction week timetable, where it has dates for most others it just says they'll get in touch with us after we accept.
    I think I heard somewhere that last year it was a couple of weeks after most (between the tenth and fifteenth), don't hold me to that at all though :P

cheers!! same to you!

I emailed them about that and apparently induction is during the week of the 10th and we're starting on the 17th but it's not finalised yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JordeyShore

Got in aswell, can't wait! Anyone know when we should be getting emails or something from DIT with info on starting?
    I'm in the guitar stream by the way, come say hi! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 KitKat93

Hey , I got into the vocals stream ! Absolutely buzzing :D Just wondering is anyone thinking of staying in griffith halls or what kind of places are people staying in ? Really unsure of what to do :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mikerev

Hello New Kids!!

Welcome to the Madhouse! :D

You guys are gonna love it

I know I've left this a bit late but me and a friend are looking for a third person to share with. Haven't found a place yet as wanted to get a third person first but looking!
    I'll be going to BIMM (obviously :rolleyes:) and she's doing Film and Broadcasting in DIT Aungier street, both first years.
    As a couple of yis mentioned needing somewhere I thought I'd post and see if anyone here would be interested? Just PM me if you are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GGGareth

Song writing stream. Cannot wait to get in there and just got my accommodation sorted in Broadstone today so I'm delighted :)

Didn't get the BA course, but I'm doing the CPD diploma so I'll see yas all up there :D

Has anyone heard anything from DIT or BIMM yet about registration or anything?! I rang up BIMM and the woman said it starts on the 17th but induction week on the 10th. I haven't gotten any emails or anything though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hi ya

If you are a new student to DIT you will get a letter from DIT inviting you to register. You register then online. These letters are being issued as soon as students accept their places and the rounds close. The details of when to collect your ID card are on the dit site.

More info PM me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

sorry

forgot the web

see here

http://dit.ie/registration

Did anyone actually get the email they said they'd send us yesterday (monday the third) with details on timetable for next week etc?

• Advertisement

I didnt get it yet anyway! checked the DIT email too but it aint there either. I havent registered yet, gonna do it today, maybe thats the reason I didnt get it.

have you registered?

Advertisement