Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Hair Home Dye

• 19-08-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hiya guys,

I was wondering does anyone know a good red hair dye for dark brown hair??? A red hair dye that's not just red in sunlight/artificial light but is quite a bright red colour in normal light too. I did dye my hair red in the salon but at 30 euro it's too pricy and I have tried many home dye kits but they never give the results they're supposed to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Oh and I really don't want to have to bleach my hair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

30 euro is cheap!
    I've got dark brown hair but for the last four years I've been getting it dyed in my local salon a copper/ginger colour. Everyone thinks its my natural colour. But it costs me almost £50 every 6-8 weeks :(
    I've never tried any home colours as I'm afraid it mightn't have the same effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

€30 is very cheap!! I pay €75 for a cut and colour.

Have you tried Schwarzkopf live colours? I found them good but got fed up having to redo the colour every 5-6weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Well you see I only pay thirty for the colour but the cut costs 40 euro and I always get both done together so it ends up costing me 70 euro. Oh and when I say the colour costs 30 euro that's because it's semi permanent. I'm a student so I can't afford the above really and I need something under the 15 euro mark with an effective end result.

No I actually never did try the Schwarzkopf live colours but I have seen them in Boots. Do they work on dark hair?

As far as I know they do, how dark is your hair?.My natural colour is exactly like this and the colour turned out very vibrant!

Do a search here as I know there were a few threads on this.

tan11ie wrote: »
    As far as I know they do, how dark is your hair?.My natural colour is exactly like this and the colour turned out very vibrant!

Do a search here as I know there were a few threads on this.

My original colour is very similar to Selena Gomez's dark brown hair colour but usually home dyes don't do anything for my hair and salon dye washes out in the first few washes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 emma189

A dye from a box will not lift ur hair!!! U no to either get ur hair stripped and then the color or go for a full head of highlights with s crazy color over it : )

emma189 wrote: »
    A dye from a box will not lift ur hair!!! U no to either get ur hair stripped and then the color or go for a full head of highlights with s crazy color over it : )

Yeah I know that would give the best result but I don't want to overly damage my hair by stripping the colour from it.

Has anyone used Garnier Nutrisse's Ulta Color- Fiery Red? I heard it's supposed to be good.

I can't see it covering it if it's that dark tbh...You would need to strip it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I saw a video on youtube a good while ago of a girl with dark brown hair dyeing her hair red at home. No bleaching, this dye is specially designed for dark hair.
    I'm trying to find out the name of the product now.

And Schwark .. whatever LIVE dyes are USELESS. Do NOT use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

alleystar wrote: »
    Yeah I know that would give the best result but I don't want to overly damage my hair by stripping the colour from it.

Has anyone used Garnier Nutrisse's Ulta Color- Fiery Red? I heard it's supposed to be good.

I think this is the dye she used!

• Advertisement

Advertisement