Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back into oz.

Options
  • 19-08-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Can i get back in to oz. I lived there for 2 years. Stayed the first year on a working holiday and did the farm work to get my second year. Just wondering what my options would be to try and get back out there. Back in ireland 2 years now and its worse its getting. If anyone could give some advice would be grate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭alan86

Ha ha option 3 it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

alan86 wrote: »
    Can i get back in to oz. I lived there for 2 years. Stayed the first year on a working holiday and did the farm work to get my second year. Just wondering what my options would be to try and get back out there. Back in ireland 2 years now and its worse its getting. If anyone could give some advice would be grate.

Do you have a qualification that's on their Skilled Occupation List?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I am a electrican. I couldnt find the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I am a electrican. I couldnt find the list.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

Page 6

• Advertisement

Thanks i presume that having a trade on the list means you have a better chance of getting a visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Thanks i presume that having a trade on the list means you have a better chance of getting a visa.

If its on the SOL, yes you stand a far better chance of getting a Visa if you are a Trade Qualified Electrician.*

* This you will have to prove, and then to work you will have to do a course called the ARTC (i think) and then do another course for your A Grade License costing about the $1500 mark lasting a week or two, but they vary from state to state, so make sure you move to where you want to stay, this is from what i remember but there are a few people on here who have done actually done it and can advise better and more accurately, im only a poor Chippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Aido79 is the man to ask about sparking

Thanks just doing a bit of investagateing in to it to see what it will cost me and stuff. The gf is a teacher too dont know if that will make any difference.

Advertisement