Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel modem/router

Options
  • 19-08-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    In a load of bother with my Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 modem/router. I used to have it hooked up to my technomate 6900 super worked fine but like the miserable moron that I am I turned it off for the summer as there was no premiership, Tried to reconnect it yesterday and zilch. I have tried everything i can think of including factory re-setting the Zyxel modem/router and now I cannot reach the advance settings tab on my routers homepage. WLAN (WiFi) is also switched off.
    Anybody any suggestions..? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance
    Regards. DLB

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If it was left connected to a land line it could in theory had a surge of electricity and damaged its components.

Have you tried both a firmware and hardware reset?

Wifi can be switched off manually. Have you tried switching it back on?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dcjemf40S-UU&v=cjemf40S-UU&gl=US

Try using a different ethernet port.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Hi Mr Grumpy
    Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, unfortunately I don't know how to do any updates on the zyxel all I did was push a pin into the reset hole, could you tell me how to do firmware/software updates or send me a link please
    Regards
    Dlb

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Are you able to access the internet (or other devices on the network like a networked printer)?

Does your computer recognise its connected to the router?

Is there a light at the back (orange/yellow) where you put the network cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Hi Mr Grumpy
    Yes I can access the net on land line and wireless, my issue is I cannot get into the advanced settings to port forward, all I get when I log into the router is Zyxel's page and no options to do anything with the extra settings menus there is nothing on the page except the name and model of the router on the left, the usual info about ip address mask gateway etc in the middle, and help on the right, no wizard no nat no security nothing
    Dlb

Advertisement