Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finnish mobile phone has 101 metre range!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

LOL

Nokia have a drop test and they had already developed the smartphone before apple, one of the reason given for not marketing it was it would fail the drop test.

The twats, in the future people may study the case of nokia a company which managed. going from an 80% market share to bust in the space of 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That scrawny little lad has the strongest arm?

Surprising

I dropped my galaxy s2 and the screen is cracked, not to bad YET, but it is a whopping 180 to get it fixed, so it better stay that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

It's about the only good use you can get out of Nokias these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That scrawny little lad has the strongest arm?

Surprising

Best technique...

• Advertisement

Just a question, I remember when everyone had a Nokia.

Does anyone know anyone with a new Nokia now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Colmustard wrote: »
    Just a question, I remember when everyone had a Nokia.

Does anyone know anyone with a new Nokia now.

Yup,

My boss has a Lumia 800 phone, such a slick UI on it...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yup,

Are they a good phone, would it be better then the iphone or galaxy?

They certainly look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

my friends all still have nokia bricks. Friend boiled his 2 weeks ago and it worked fine until he had to recharge it and it just gave up. Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

This is just another example of the desperate attempts that off-the-beaten-track places in Finland make to find some kind of annual event that might attract publicity and visitors.:)

Another example is the World akankanto (literally "carrying the aul wan") Championship in a place called Sonkajärvi, which would make Daingean, Co. Offaly look like a major metropolis::)

Note the Irish flag!;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_carrying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I always thought they were very bulky looking and considering iOS and android has more software and support, a waste of time.

I'd sooner go for the GS3 or the new iPhone tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The twats, in the future people may study the case of nokia a company which managed. going from an 80% market share to bust in the space of 10 years.
    I reckon they'll say the same about Apple in a few years
    my friends all still have nokia bricks. Friend boiled his 2 weeks ago and it worked fine until he had to recharge it and it just gave up. Rip.
    Not all bricks, I used to have a lovely little 8210 - much smaller & lighter than most of the smartphone monstrosities out today

1ZRed wrote: »
    I always thought they were very bulky looking and considering iOS and android has more software and support, a waste of time.

I'd sooner go for the GS3 or the new iPhone tbh

I have the S2 and the S3 does look slick, I can't imagine changing to phone, model everything about the S2/3 is perfect.

Its a very good phone.

I think Nokia is fukced.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I reckon they'll say the same about Apple in a few years

Not all bricks, I used to have a lovely little 8210 - much smaller & lighter than most of the smartphone monstrosities out today

Apple still have a broad range of goods. But they are only as good as their last product. I wont get an Iphone or Ipad because of piracy issues. I know others feel the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yup,

The missus got one of those, and sometimes the battery doesn't run out in the middle of a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yup,

I'm not a fan of the iPhone, but I do like Android, and have been using them since 1.6 , no, the phone is no Galaxy S3, but a nice phone for half the price...

And if that's Nokia's first proper smartphone, its a great start....

I'm even considering one myself, as I'm not big on apps and the like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mobile forum
    Not every article you find on the bbc website needs a thread OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement