Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Ongar

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭robbie000

I was in Dunnes last night and I have to say it was a discgrace that the shelves were empty of alot of stock. The vegetables section was a joke barely anything left, the freezer section was also empty.

Other products I had looked for at the weekend that were sold out were still not restocked.

I wouldnt normally bother complaining but I sent an email to Dunnes head office as this store seems to be going downhill and if it keeps going like this I will start shopping up in Lidl or Aldi.

Hopefully they can get some good managers in this shop to get it back to a decent convenience store. As the managers seem to be changing alot in this store which cant be helping the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

robbie000 wrote: »
    I was in Dunnes last night and I have to say it was a discgrace that the shelves were empty of alot of stock. The vegetables section was a joke barely anything left, the freezer section was also empty.

Other products I had looked for at the weekend that were sold out were still not restocked.

I wouldnt normally bother complaining but I sent an email to Dunnes head office as this store seems to be going downhill and if it keeps going like this I will start shopping up in Lidl or Aldi.

Hopefully they can get some good managers in this shop to get it back to a decent convenience store. As the managers seem to be changing alot in this store which cant be helping the problem.

In fairness, you'd be hard pressed to find fresh food stock in any size or location of supermarket late in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭robbie000

I was in the shop around 6.30pm last night and I would expect to find some amount of stock on the shelves.
    There was nearly nothing in the vegetable section and the whole shop seemed to be short of stock on the shelves.
    The shop seems to have gone down hill with either a lack of enough staff to keep the shelves stocked or bad management I am not sure which.

Its just a pity as living in Ongar its handy to be able to drop into it but looks like I will be in the car heading to Aldi and Lidl which will definately be stocked even late into the evening as they seem to be run better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Can anybody tell me when this store opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Think it opened in late 2004

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I used to work there myself for 3.5 years. Opened just after Christmas 2004/ New Years 2005. Here's a very obscure article that mentions it.

http://www.neighbours.ie/forums/archive/index.php/t-14878.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

a really interesting article. I enjoyed the bit about the pub and cafe outdoor tables spilling out onto the square "next summer" ie 2005. Very much real estate spiel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

ongarboy wrote: »
    a really interesting article. I enjoyed the bit about the pub and cafe outdoor tables spilling out onto the square "next summer" ie 2005. Very much real estate spiel!

the only thing spilling out onto the square are skangers with pints of cider from kellys:rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

ongarboy wrote: »

Off topic sorry but i note

"The replica Ongar House - the original having been demolished - will re-open as a public house with a restaurant upstairs"

Where was the original Ongar House is that where the Aga Khan Resided?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hansfield House was on the same location as that new building. There were other old houses in the area, but I'm not sure if there was an Ongar House. Have a look here to see what was around before this new developments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Interesting article alright!

There's parking for Dunnes on the roof :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Between the laundrette and 3 Kings Chinese is a ramp with additional parking on the roof.

I only ever see kids hanging around up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dub XV wrote: »
    Between the laundrette and 3 Kings Chinese is a ramp with additional parking on the roof.

I only ever see kids hanging around up there.

Wow! Never knew that. Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There is never a demand for the roof parking as there is always ample space in the main carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I see you can buy some clothes in Dunnes ongar now surly bending the rules a bit .

Advertisement