Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas - Salamanca etc

Options
  • 19-08-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

just a quick question,

im mad into tapas

i frequent tapas bars daily when on holiday in spain

however, these bars provide the small nibbles free of charge etc etc

I was wondering

how big are portions here in Ireland?

Salamanca offer a lunch deal for 20euro for 3tapas and a glass of vino

if the portions are spanish size then its a rip off deal

can anyone shed any light?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Port house does a better deal: 2 or 3 tapas (depending on the size) and a drink (wine or soft drink) for 10euro. Buying the same things individually at dinner would cost about twice that! So I think these places are much better for lunch... I always feel a little bit ripped off at dinner time (but not much more than anywhere else really!)

I've been to a few and the portions are usually around the same size. 2 or 3 for a big lunch or a dinner is plenty I think (depending on how big your appetite is though!). I'd try the port house first if you're looking to get an idea of sizes... and it's my fav :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Salamanca tapas are huge, I usually order three because I want a mix of things and then end up with tonnes of leftover food

Advertisement