Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flapjacks, where to buy?

Options
  • 19-08-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a place that sells the flapjack bars? I used to buy them in Aldi, they had them displayed at the checkouts but I was just in there and was told that they dont stock them anymore..i know holland and barret have them but sell them for 1.60 each compared to aldi who sold them for 65c each. I usually buy 15-20 at a time so would really like to find out if theres anywhere in dublin that sells them at reasonable prices..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Does anyone know a place that sells the flapjack bars? I used to buy them in Aldi, they had them displayed at the checkouts but I was just in there and was told that they dont stock them anymore..i know holland and barret have them but sell them for 1.60 each compared to aldi who sold them for 65c each. I usually buy 15-20 at a time so would really like to find out if theres anywhere in dublin that sells them at reasonable prices..

I know you weren't asking for a recipe, but why not just make them yourself? They'll taste great, you can add whatever you fancy (choc/nuts/dried fruit)... endless possibilities, and you'll probably save money in the long run.

200g butter
    200g demerara sugar
    200g honey
    400g porridge oats
    75g nuts etc

Melt butter, sugar and honey together until sugar has dissolved.
    Add oats, (and nuts/fruit/coconut etc if using) and mix well.
    Press into lined swiss roll tin and bake for 15-20 mins @ 180c until firm and golden.
    Leave to cool slightly, and cut in tin when slightly warm to touch.

Yummy.

If you're really looking to buy them, my brother buys the flahavans flapjacks in the supermarket. I think they come in boxes of 6 and are individually wrapped.

Advertisement