Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPLovecraftLive, new podcast plug

Options
  • 19-08-2012 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭

Many thanks to BossArky for the go ahead to make a thread on this.

Hello, Literature forum readers. Some friends and I recently got together to make a podcast where we do readings of HP Lovecraft's stories (Well, the non-copyrighted ones anyway). We're after putting up episode 2, and we'll be putting up a new story every Tuesday night for the next few months at least.

We're not doing it for profit or anything other than a love of Lovecraft's work, which has influenced a huge number of writers over the last century.

We're obviously proud of it, but we'd love to hear your thoughts, so pop over to HPLovecraftLive.podbean.com and have a listen, or contact us on the HPLovecraftLive Facebook and Google+ pages, or email HPLovecraftLive AT Gmail dot com.

Thanks for your time, hope you enjoy it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Those lovely folks at the HP Lovecraft Historical Society gave us the go ahead to use their script of the rather famous Lovecraft story, At The Mountains Of Madness. So we'll be putting on a performance at Gaelcon over the Halloween weekend and uploading the audio straight after. So yay!

Episode 4 is now up. I'm particularly enthusiastic about this one because I read a story. [/shameless self-advertising]

Oops, been ages since I updated this.

Episode 5: Beyond the Wall of Sleep

Episode 6: Dagon

Episode 7: The White Ship

Episode 8: The Statement of Randolph Carter

Hope you folks are enjoying the shows. Do get in touch with us if you have any feedback, opinions or hate-mail. kthx

Episode 10: The Cats of Ulthar!
    Episode 11: Nyarlathotep!

Also, we did a live reading last week at Gaelcon, of At The Mountains Of Madness. You'll hear a couple of mistakes, and pages turning, but it was nonetheless pretty awesome, actually. Have a listen, and tell people about it. Go on. You know you want to.

Act 1!
    Act 2!
    Act 3!

• Advertisement

Final episode of Season 1! :(

The Temple, a story about a German, read by a German! ^_^ And there'll definitely be a season 2 at the very least, so woo! Many thanks to any of you following the podcast, it has been very fun.

Hello again everyone, especially BossArky who let me continue to plug the show. <3

I hope you enjoyed the last season of sexy voices reading classic pulp horror at you. Season 2 is almost ready to go. The next batch of stories to be covered are some of Lovecraft's best (or at least best-known) work, including Herbert West: Reanimator and The Call of Cthulhu. So keep an eye out here, on Facebook or Google+ and Twitter, we should be releasing a new story every Monday this year.

Toodle-pip.

Boosh! Season 2 kicks off with The Picture In The House. I do hope you enjoy.

Episode 2 is The Tree. Please to enjoy.

Episode 3 is The Nameless City. Boosh!

Episode 4 is Herbert West Reanimator! EPICsode more like, amirite? The link above is the whole thing in one go, but we made the individual chapters available too for easier listening. We're good like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement