Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC: Pages only half loading

• 19-08-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

For the last one or two weeks I have been having a very strange broadband issue.

We have 30mb UPC broadband and about 5 devices on the wireless and 1 with a cable.

All are having the same issue. Browsing the web is VERY slow. Downloads are find and pings are great. But browsing websites is not good.

Boards.ie is fine for me right now. But Adverts.ie is very slow and only half loads. The GET request brings back all the HTML and images, but any other files like JS and CSS it just cannot download. This happens to a lot of websites.

Anyone heard of anything like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Your wireless bandwidth is shared between all clients. Test with the wired client only, making sure noone else is online. If this works fine, then your local wireless is problem.

What you described above seems like packet loss, and this can happen on wireless when you have weak signal or too many people are using it.

Alternatively, maybe there is a physical fault with your cable. Eliminate other possible problems first before considering this.

Try going to www.pingtest.net, should show packet loss stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I tested with just the wired client and same issue.

I'm pretty sure it was not bandwidth as I could FTP or torrent at full speed. DNS was not an issue either.

I think it had something to do with the router doing something with requests and maybe the router firewall (set to Off).

I reset the router to manufacture settings. I think that might help. So far no issues. But now my fecking linksys wont act as a wireless bridge. I fixed it before.. just have to find that google result that helped me before :D

Advertisement