Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Bistro Newbridge

Options
  • 19-08-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Was just wondering has anyone been to the new le bistro restaurant in Georges Street Newbridge. Its open about a month but they don't seem to have a website. I have passed it on the last two Saturday nights and it has been almost full which i take to be a good sign.Have relations visiting shortly and would like to take them somewhere in Newbridge so would welcome any feedback. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

They have a facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/le.bistro.357

Contact number if you need 045 434343

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Brought my relations to this restaurant last night and we were all highly impressed. Great menu, reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere and great friendly service. Best dining out experience i have had since the Red House closed a few years ago. Highly recommend it !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

lanomist wrote: »
    Brought my relations to this restaurant last night and we were all highly impressed. Great menu, reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere and great friendly service. Best dining out experience i have had since the Red House closed a few years ago. Highly recommend it !!:)

I couldn't agree more. I also heard they are now opening on Sundays.

I couldn't agree more. I also heard they are now opening on Sundays

Yea, i heard they opened from 1 pm to 6 pm last Sunday and they were so busy they have decided to extend their Sunday opening hours until 8.30 pm

Went there at the weeked. Very attentive staff, good choice on the menu, great prices, and wine by the carafe as well as the usual glass and bottle.

3 course meal for two, carafe of wine and coffee came to €66.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 theundertaker

They now have a website - http://lebistro.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

Looks great will have to give it a go soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Just back froma fabulous meal there. We had our Daughter with us, and they cooked Her a pasta dish - kids portion of course - and that after we had to ask, as they didn't have pasta on their menu.

Place is pumping, and all I can say is 'Understandably'. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Since my original post about this restaurant i have being there three times and have thoroughly enjoyed each occasion.Great menu, well priced and friendly service. What more could you want ? Well i think they badly need a Maitre D front of house. Arrived last weekend with another couple and were left standing at the reception for what seemed to be about five minutes.When we were eventually showed to our table and given menus it was almost fifteen minutes before anyone came to take our order. I saw another couple later on standing and waiting for ages as well. As usual, the food was great but please do not let standards fall just because things are going well !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Did it take long to get the bill?

• Advertisement

Apologies Mods for ressurecting an old thread, but I was wanting to bring my OH down to Le Bistro next week for Her Birthday meal.

Tried phoning them on the number listed on this thread 434343
    Tried the FB page listed on this thread
    Tried opening their website listed on this thread

NOTHING works. They still around?

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Apologies Mods for ressurecting an old thread, but I was wanting to bring my OH down to Le Bistro next week for Her Birthday meal.

Try
    https://www.facebook.com/lebistronewbridge

I ate there on Friday 26th July.
    Just walked in and they had a free table.

Nice food. Just took a while to get "bill attention".

Hi Le Dioux, Its still going strong and the food is as good as ever, my wife and some of her friends were there last week. Two others worth considering are The best Stakehouse also in Georges Street above Rose Earlys pub is very good. Well worth trying is All Seasons Bistro in Limerick lane Newbridge. Lovely ambiance, very friendly and prompt service and most of all excellent food at reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Le_Dieux wrote: »

This restaurant is fab but I have to also recommend All Season's Bistro. WOW! The steak is out of this world. Great atmosphere in the place and always very well looked after. You gotta try it out :)

Just to let folks know their phone number ( 434343) still works, obviously I got them when their phone line was either occupied or off the receiver.

Thanks all, never knew any of the other restaurants existed. Seems we have caught up with Cullinary Naas:)

Is All Seasons Bistro where the old L'Oliver restaurant was?

Yes it is. Really enjoyed the whole experience of eating there. Of the three restaurants i mentioned, Le Bistro, The Best Steakhouse and All Seasons Bistro i would slightly favour All Seasons Bistro. My wife had a fish platter for main course with about four different fish and it was absolutely beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Havent been to All Seasons yet but have been to Le Bistro twice in the last fortnight. Have to say the food and service is lovely. They have a new kids menu for Eur6.50 that is great. Its proper food - not chicken nuggets and chips ect.

Must give All seasons a try

foodaholic wrote: »
    Havent been to All Seasons yet but have been to Le Bistro twice in the last fortnight. Have to say the food and service is lovely. They have a new kids menu for Eur6.50 that is great. Its proper food - not chicken nuggets and chips ect.

Must give All seasons a try

This is good news, and long overdue FA. Thanks for lettingme know, my 7yo Daughter will be happy to have a choice here. Roll on Tuesday night !

Just back from a FAB meal at Le Bistro.

They seem to have a new menu since we were last there ( maybe 2 months ago) and I have to agree with FA, excellent Kids menu too. Just glad that a place like this is still going.

BTW, I stand to correction, but heard tonight The Best Steakhouse is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 calendarqueen

We tried the Best Steakhouse about 3 weeks ago and it was definately closed and that was a Saturday evening. Le Bistro is lovely. Their chicken wings are to die for.

Must try the other steak place where L'Olivier used to be, really miss that place!

Nice to finally have a choice of restaurants in Newbridge.

Footnote to last night's meal: I have to say what I paid last night for my meal at Le Bistro: Herself and hisself had 4 course meals each & the Little one had a pasta and brownie dessert, and the bill came to €55...EXCELLENT value. Food was also delicious, I had the Duck for mains, while Herself had the sea bass.

Unfortunately this restaurant closed down on Sunday night without warning. Sorry to see it go as it was one of my favorites.:mad: Hope there weren't too many people caught with gift vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

lanomist wrote: »
    Unfortunately this restaurant closed down on Sunday night without warning. Sorry to see it go as it was one of my favorites.:mad: Hope there weren't too many people caught with gift vouchers.

Very sad to se them close.

Their facebook page says all vouchers will be refunded.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances le bistro restaurant is closed for business from the 3rd of march 2014

We would like to thank all our customers for there support , we will miss you all
    For any enquiries please ring 089 4545811 , for voucher refunds just let us know the number and we will give refunds .

Thank you from all at le bistro"

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Sad indeed, can they not get the equipment back? I thought I read somewhere the restaurant above Kavanaghs was going to be run by those who operate Trax? If so hope they havent hired this chef....

W.

Just when this thread was getting interesting...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After Le Bistro closed Bistro Nua shortly opened up . Ran by new owners aswell.

Have been there a few times and really enjoyed myself

www.facebook.com/bistronuanewbridge

Advertisement