Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building jobs in vancouver

Options
  • 19-08-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

is there much building jobs in vancouver and the surrounding areas. i am a mason by trade, i have seen some jobs advertised but not near as many as toronto has. are the irish pubs a good place to look for jobs and contacts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cog in the machine

and also i am open to working outside vancouver, anywhere even small towns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

and also i am open to working outside vancouver, anywhere even small towns

Have you considered albera or Saskatchewan? Both booming

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cog in the machine

ya. they are in mind for sure. b.c seems more appealing but surer will have to see when i get there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

http://www.moving2vancouver.ca/employment/hiring-board/#4

Keep an eye on that website. Some employers post up notices might be worth a shot or else check it when you do move out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

It's all Craigslist here. So look hard and im sure you will spot something on it. Doubt it will be as plentiful for you but with all there timber here Carpenters are saughter after in any town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

The moving2vancouver site is v good but for trades Craiglist seems to be the best method. At the minute the industry seems to be booming for trades, I know a load of Masons that are in huge demand in the greater Vancouver area - as long as you are good at your job :)

There are some people that I could put you in touch with if you like, PM me for the details.

SP

Advertisement