Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Subjects Recognised by the Teaching Council

• 19-08-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I know this topic has been done to death before, but I just have one quick questions regarding the matter:

Is there a list anywhere of the specific courses which the Teaching Council will recognise for the purposes of adding an additional subject to what I'm officially qualified to teach?

I'm aware of the Open University courses as probably the best option for adding completely new subjects (correct me if I'm wrong), but I know there are a number of diplomas etc. out there which are also recognised. I'm hoping that someone here can clear up the matter for me.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Celephais wrote: »
    I know this topic has been done to death before, but I just have one quick questions regarding the matter:

Is there a list anywhere of the specific courses which the Teaching Council will recognise for the purposes of adding an additional subject to what I'm officially qualified to teach?

I'm aware of the Open University courses as probably the best option for adding completely new subjects (correct me if I'm wrong), but I know there are a number of diplomas etc. out there which are also recognised. I'm hoping that someone here can clear up the matter for me.

Cheers!

Don't worry about it Celephais we're all in the same boat! I just finished an evening BA (one subject) and because it isn't on 'the list' it has to be assessed which will cost €200! This is a moneyspinner for the Teaching Council!! I think if you get your undergrad assessed they will tell you where your shortfall is and tell you what modules you need to take - or so I have been told - I may be wrong! This will be the same for any course not on the famous list! And at the moment the Teaching Council are not assessing any other courses from third level institutions so this means that any course you take not on the list has to be assessed for the small fee of €200!

Advertisement