Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go?

Options
  • 19-08-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Its my birthday next month and I wouldnt mind going surfing for it this year. Was thinking about going to Sligo/Donegal or somewhere for the weekend of the 15th in September. Ive been surfing in Portugal and California but never in Ireland so I dont really have any idea where to go.

I would like to go somewhere that would be good for beginners but would be close enough to somewhere with some night life.

How warm would the water be around this time?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

For what you're looking for I would say Bundoran or Lahinch are your best bets. Beginner friendly and a bit of night life.

Water will be about as warm as it gets but would still need a suit. No need for boots, gloves or hood that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Strandhill

• Registered Users Posts: 12 No good names left

Lahinch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ratticus

Bundoran

Advertisement