Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options
  • 19-08-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

So, the 5th Years are off with they're OT, and I've noticed quite a few 2012/2013 JC'ers roaming around these parts over the past few days, so why not have a place for us all to chat. Of course everyones welcome! :D

Anyways, I'll start off with an introduction of myself! :)

I'm Nathan, and I've been around these parts for nearly around 8 months now! I'm a nerd, I <3 Pokemon, Science, Technology and Writing. Apparently I could be Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory's twin, according to my friends! :L I'm feeling pretty optimistic about 3rd Year because, I did a good bit of work in 2nd Year and used this summer to relax so I'm ready to hit it full on. I'm a pretty high achiever getting 6 A's, 4 B's and 2 C's, in my summer tests, but I'd quite like to raise the C's to B's and the B's to A's!! :D:D

I'm doing:
    • English
    • Irish
    • Maths
    • French
    • CSPE
    • Religion
    • Geography
    • History
    • Science
    • Business
    • Woodwork
    • Technical Graphics

Also, I'd be happy to help anyone with any of my subjects (or any other subject I could help in!)! :D

So, come on, and introduce yourself, and let the Procrastination Begin!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    So, the 5th Years are off with they're OT, and I've noticed quite a few 2012/2013 JC'ers roaming around these parts over the past few days, so why not have a place for us all to chat. Of course everyones welcome! :D

Anyways, I'll start off with an introduction of myself! :)

I'm Nathan, and I've been around these parts for nearly around 8 months now! I'm a nerd, I <3 Pokemon, Science, Technology and Writing. Apparently I could be Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory's twin, according to my friends! :L I'm feeling pretty optimistic about 3rd Year because, I did a good bit of work in 2nd Year and used this summer to relax so I'm ready to hit it full on. I'm a pretty high achiever getting 6 A's, 4 B's and 2 C's, in my summer tests, but I'd quite like to raise the C's to B's and the B's to A's!! :D:D

I'm doing:
    • English
    • Irish
    • Maths
    • French
    • CSPE
    • Religion
    • Geography
    • History
    • Science
    • Business
    • Woodwork
    • Technical Graphics

Also, I'd be happy to help anyone with any of my subjects (or any other subject I could help in!)! :D

I did my JC in June, but I had to comment when I read that... :D

Anyway, good luck next year and enjoy the trials and tribulations of 3rd year!

I'm joking, it's a grand year as long as you study regularly and seeing your summer test results, there won't be a bother on you :pac: It'll pay off next year waiting for your results!

Good luck everyone :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Classical Kid

Layzerman wrote: »
    I did my JC in June, but I had to comment when I read that... :D

Anyway, good luck next year and enjoy the trials and tribulations of 3rd year!

I'm joking, it's a grand year as long as you study regularly and seeing your summer test results, there won't be a bother on you :pac: It'll pay off next year waiting for your results!

Good luck everyone :cool:

See now I had to comment because of that too :D

Well yeah, I'm doing JC next year
    Subjects:
    English(HL)
    Maths(HL)
    Irish(HL)
    French(HL)
    T.G(HL)
    Music(HL)
    Art(HL)
    C.S.P.E(CL)
    History(HL)
    Geography(HL)
    Irish being a sore point for me, i have been brushing over the hol's to bring it up
    I guess ill throw in my New desktop wall paper too.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Good luck in your Junior Certs, don't study too hard now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Thanks Guys! :) Here's hoping to a productive (and non-stressful) year :)

See now I had to comment because of that too :D

Well yeah, I'm doing JC next year
    Subjects:
    English(HL)
    Maths(HL)
    Irish(HL)
    French(HL)
    T.G(HL)
    Music(HL)
    Art(HL)
    C.S.P.E(CL)
    History(HL)
    Geography(HL)
    Irish being a sore point for me, i have been brushing over the hol's to bring it up
    I guess ill throw in my New desktop wall paper too.:pac:
    Hello fellow JC'er :D How you feeling about 3rd Year, as it approaches so quickly? :L Oh by the way, what name would you go by? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Ive done the Junior but as I have no life youll probabley still see me on these threads :)

Any JC'ers around? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Any JC'ers around? :)
    Still lurkin'.

Anybody else start school today? :) First thing we were told when we went in was that it's 32 weeks till our Junior Cert.. We were then reminded in every class :L Fun stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Anybody else start school today? :) First thing we were told when we went in was that it's 32 weeks till our Junior Cert.. We were then reminded in every class :L Fun stuff :P

[Insert obligatory nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah taunt about being in TY here.] :D

Best of luck, you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Fellow JC'er here! :P We're currently being bombarded with a list of what exam papers to get... Yay...

Fellow JC'er here! :P We're currently being bombarded with a list of what exam papers to get... Yay...
    Haha YAY! :D I'm not alone :L Yup same :P Been asked to get them in almost every class except maths :P

Queued up in the local bookshop for about an hour today to get them... (I like to be prepared :D). Same! We still have another Project Maths Supplement to get through, so I'm guessing we won't have time for Maths Exam Papers for a while. Which exam are you most worried about?

Queued up in the local bookshop for about an hour today to get them... (I like to be prepared :D). Same! We still have another Project Maths Supplement to get through, so I'm guessing we won't have time for Maths Exam Papers for a while. Which exam are you most worried about?
    Ordered mine online a few backs just in case! :L We've actually done all the Project Maths :) But we've a good bit of the old course to get through :D Ehm, Woodwork I suppose :L My teacher's absolutely awful </3 How about you? How did your summer exams go? :L

Wow you're prepared!:eek:
    I do Art, unfortunately I did not realise how many people do it for a 'doss' class... I really regret not doing music :(
    Summer exams went okay, a few shocks! 7A's, 3B's and a C. That C really pisses me off haha. Speaking of awful teachers, my science teacher is just that. I am convinced most of the class will drop Science after the JC.

Wow you're prepared!:eek:
    I do Art, unfortunately I did not realise how many people do it for a 'doss' class... I really regret not doing music :(
    Summer exams went okay, a few shocks! 7A's, 3B's and a C. That C really pisses me off haha. Speaking of awful teachers, my science teacher is just that. I am convinced most of the class will drop Science after the JC.
    Ya, I've a plan :D

Ya a few friends of mine do art :L They hate it with a passion :P :P There pretty good results :) I was so pissed off with my C in CSPE! :O It's only cause the teacher doesn't like me :P Didn't really help it today seeing I spilled a cup of water all over her desk and into her handbag :L

genius-meme.jpg

:O I <3 Science :D:D I absolutely love it so much :P Fairly certain on doing medicine after school! :) How about you? :)

Yes I got my C in CSPE too! All of my class got practically the same results, mostly because our teacher cannot be arsed to look at them and decides we all deserve a C for being miserable gits. We've had him for two years and he has yet to learn any of our names.
    Medicine is a really, really good thing to get into. You'll be filthy rich!:cool:
    I'm sort of lost on what exactly I what to do... writing has always been a passion of mine but all I can do with an English degree is try and get published (EXTREMELY difficult, I have already tried a good few times!)
    I also love History, but would not want to be a historian.:P
    Maybe a librarian? I don't know, it's the best bet I've got!:D
    I also love music too, but my chances of becoming a professional musician are about nil.

Yes I got my C in CSPE too! All of my class got practically the same results, mostly because our teacher cannot be arsed to look at them and decides we all deserve a C for being miserable gits. We've had him for two years and he has yet to learn any of our names.
    Medicine is a really, really good thing to get into. You'll be filthy rich!:cool:
    I'm sort of lost on what exactly I what to do... writing has always been a passion of mine but all I can do with an English degree is try and get published (EXTREMELY difficult, I have already tried a good few times!)
    I also love History, but would not want to be a historian.:P
    Maybe a librarian? I don't know, it's the best bet I've got!:D
    I also love music too, but my chances of becoming a professional musician are about nil.
    Haha my teacher's just a beautiful ray of sunshine everyday :rolleyes:

Ikr? :L I love medicine stuff though! I love operations and stuff too :) I actually find it so fascinating! :D Money's just an upside :') Really want to get into neurosurgery :)

I love writing! But i've never really considered it to be a career! Just as a hobby tbh, and hope for something good to come out of it :) Librarian :L Really exciting job :) You could try looking into music production though or technology in music :) There's always something :D

You're very lucky to know what you what to do, and you seem to have the willpower to actually achieve it! ;)
    Ahaha yeah :') I am quite the bore though, a perfect afternoon for me is a good Balzac novel and some green tea. Did I just type that on the Internet?
    I find the one thing I can rely on is literature. It is always fascinating, sometimes bewildering, but always, always completely endearing.
    The best job I can imagine is sitting at a desk all day reading books and occasionally helping out people who want to find something... xD
    I suppose so, but I'm more into the beauty of a spontaneous, raw performance and creating a piece than figuring out all the tech parts.
    I'm actually doing an English exam paper now :') Happy that it's Friday tomorrow? :D

You're very lucky to know what you what to do, and you seem to have the willpower to actually achieve it! ;)
    Ahaha yeah :') I am quite the bore though, a perfect afternoon for me is a good Balzac novel and some green tea. Did I just type that on the Internet?
    I find the one thing I can rely on is literature. It is always fascinating, sometimes bewildering, but always, always completely endearing.
    The best job I can imagine is sitting at a desk all day reading books and occasionally helping out people who want to find something... xD
    I suppose so, but I'm more into the beauty of a spontaneous, raw performance and creating a piece than figuring out all the tech parts.
    I'm actually doing an English exam paper now :') Happy that it's Friday tomorrow? :D
    You could always try going for media or publishing or something along those lines :)

I love reading :) and writing! Tis my life <3

Why yes, yes I am. TGIF and all that :L You? :)

• Advertisement

What type of stuff do you like to read? :)
    Me too! I think it's because we have an amazing schedule on Fridays :') My favourite subjects all in one smaller day! We're having a birthday party for my Dad at the weekend so it should be a bit of craic :D Any plans for the weekend?

What type of stuff do you like to read? :)
    Me too! I think it's because we have an amazing schedule on Fridays :') My favourite subjects all in one smaller day! We're having a birthday party for my Dad at the weekend so it should be a bit of craic :D Any plans for the weekend?
    Anything and everything :D Can't beat the classics though :')

I have a deadly timetable this year :D And way better teacher's than last year :D (not including Woodwork and CSPE/French -.-)

Oh Happy Birthday to your dad! :) Ahm nothing in particular, just call down to my friends house I think :D

Signed up for After School study today! :) Starts Monday! :D Actually so glad it's free in my school! :) How about you? Any plans for supervised study? :)

Anything and everything :D Can't beat the classics though :')

I have a deadly timetable this year :D And way better teacher's than last year :D (not including Woodwork and CSPE/French -.-)

Oh Happy Birthday to your dad! :) Ahm nothing in particular, just call down to my friends house I think :D

Signed up for After School study today! :) Starts Monday! :D Actually so glad it's free in my school! :) How about you? Any plans for supervised study? :)

So true :')
    My timetable is pretty good except for Monday morning... the most difficult classes x.x
    Haha thanks :3
    Well, I actually just live across the road from my school (I get to see my school from my bedroom window during the summer... what a view...)so it would be sort of pointless for me xD I've converted the guest room into a study anyways!:D Do you have any sort of study plan for this year? What are you going to focus on?

So true :')
    My timetable is pretty good except for Monday morning... the most difficult classes x.x
    Haha thanks :3
    Well, I actually just live across the road from my school (I get to see my school from my bedroom window during the summer... what a view...)so it would be sort of pointless for me xD I've converted the guest room into a study anyways!:D Do you have any sort of study plan for this year? What are you going to focus on?
    Ah, I live near my school as well but there's six headstrong people living in a three bedroom house at my house. It just isn't study friendly :) So I said I'd give this a go! :)

Well, I've decided to spend the next few months revising 1st and 2nd Year stuff while learning the 3rd year stuff in school! I'm thinking of trying the Cornell Note Taking system with every chapter I go through and having like one sheet for every chapter! :) Then after like Christmas, I'm going to Revise over all the 3rd Year stuff and try to finish most of my courses myself (if it's even possible!!)! :P Before my Pre's then in March I'll have a quick revision of everything and do the same until I get my results back. When I do, I'll organise some sort of plan to focus on my weaker subjects, but still paying attention to my better ones :)

Now, that I've just realised I have a plan, it made my Junior Cert so much more real :L What about you? Any plan? I never caught your name by the way :)

Ah, I live near my school as well but there's six headstrong people living in a three bedroom house at my house. It just isn't study friendly :) So I said I'd give this a go! :)

Well, I've decided to spend the next few months revising 1st and 2nd Year stuff while learning the 3rd year stuff in school! I'm thinking of trying the Cornell Note Taking system with every chapter I go through and having like one sheet for every chapter! :) Then after like Christmas, I'm going to Revise over all the 3rd Year stuff and try to finish most of my courses myself (if it's even possible!!)! :P Before my Pre's then in March I'll have a quick revision of everything and do the same until I get my results back. When I do, I'll organise some sort of plan to focus on my weaker subjects, but still paying attention to my better ones :)

Now, that I've just realised I have a plan, it made my Junior Cert so much more real :L What about you? Any plan? I never caught your name by the way :)

Oh my God... my plan seems so insignificant compared to yours. I'm just going to take really detailed notes for the 3rd year stuff we have to finish, and then root out all my old hardbacks and do a total plunge into 1st and 2nd year revision :) I'm Amy by the way! How rude of me to not introduce myself! :o

Oh my God... my plan seems so insignificant compared to yours. I'm just going to take really detailed notes for the 3rd year stuff we have to finish, and then root out all my old hardbacks and do a total plunge into 1st and 2nd year revision :) I'm Amy by the way! How rude of me to not introduce myself! :o
    I have so many hardbacks :rolleyes: but in 2nd Year I stated typing up my notes so, I have a load of stuff typed up now :) I find it way better then writing stuff out over and over again!! :P Ahh, I reckon I'll never get around to all that stuff :L I'm starting with 1st Year stuff on Monday, taking it easy like :)

Hello Amy :) I'm Nathan :D

I have so many hardbacks :rolleyes: but in 2nd Year I stated typing up my notes so, I have a load of stuff typed up now :) I find it way better then writing stuff out over and over again!! :P Ahh, I reckon I'll never get around to all that stuff :L I'm starting with 1st Year stuff on Monday, taking it easy like :)

Hello Amy :) I'm Nathan :D

I find that writing out notes over and over again engraves them into my mind... I'm practically able to rhyme off like 5 pages of notes after :L
    I tried typing too, but I always ended up on the internet:rolleyes:
    :D Hey Nathan!
    Have you started a novel in English? We're starting To Kill a Mocking Bird next week. I always hate reading novels in class. We only go about two chapters at a time :(

I find that writing out notes over and over again engraves them into my mind... I'm practically able to rhyme off like 5 pages of notes after :L
    I tried typing too, but I always ended up on the internet:rolleyes:
    :D Hey Nathan!
    Have you started a novel in English? We're starting To Kill a Mocking Bird next week. I always hate reading novels in class. We only go about two chapters at a time :(
    Ya, I don't know! :L It just drives me mad and I start to trail off in thought and before I know it, I've wrote a page of notes without realising :L

There's programs I use to use on my old laptop (when I did all the typing) that like bans say Facebook or Boards.ie or whatever site you might risk going on for a certain period of time :L It's actually really useful, must get one of those add-ons for my laptop now :)

We're starting the Help in a few weeks :D I'm so excited! I love the book!! :D:D Apparently we're supposed to have it finished by Mid-Term but I strongly doubt that :L

Ya, I don't know! :L It just drives me mad and I start to trail off in thought and before I know it, I've wrote a page of notes without realising :L

There's programs I use to use on my old laptop (when I did all the typing) that like bans say Facebook or Boards.ie or whatever site you might risk going on for a certain period of time :L It's actually really useful, must get one of those add-ons for my laptop now :)

We're starting the Help in a few weeks :D I'm so excited! I love the book!! :D:D Apparently we're supposed to have it finished by Mid-Term but I strongly doubt that :L

Sounds good! I'll look out for one :)
    The Help is really good! :D I have forced myself not to read our novel before we start it because I will be bored stiff otherwise :L
    Yeah, it always takes ages to finish a book in class considering all the analysis and summaries and notes involved -.-
    I'm really worried about History, we have A LOAD of the course to finish, I think I'll start revising soon.

• Advertisement

Sounds good! I'll look out for one :)
    The Help is really good! :D I have forced myself not to read our novel before we start it because I will be bored stiff otherwise :L
    Yeah, it always takes ages to finish a book in class considering all the analysis and summaries and notes involved -.-
    I'm really worried about History, we have A LOAD of the course to finish, I think I'll start revising soon.
    Oh! I love the Help so much :D:D Haha I'm glad to have it read like 12 times already :P

Exactly -.- It's awful!! They go so slowly >:O

The History course is huge tbh :P

Advertisement