Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

you have to know rivers- its not a choice but there is a choice of sea (coastal) and ice (glacial) you can pick either of them and you'll always get a choice of sea or ice; i think its really good that they did that; its always so confusing ;)

Thanks but say if i pick sea do i have to learn it off like could i pick neither is there an chance they would give a question of the sea and river in the long qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hi
    I was wondering do you study both river and sea or can you just study one because in an exam do they both get asked or only one of them
    You can either the sea or glaciation... Rivers is complulsory :) if you look past exam questions a question about sea always comes up bit has a question about glaciation under it and you can do either :)

Thanks but say if i pick sea do i have to learn it off like could i pick neither is there an chance they would give a question of the sea and river in the long qs.
    No you definitly have to do the sea or glaciation.. Its the only option on the papers.. No other option will ever be between the sea and rivers! The sea really isn't that hard to learn :)

One more thing in the pres do you write in your own paper for exam in geog if i want to draw a diagram do i draw it in my own paper or do they give it and what is the difference if they do give the paper i mean like
    paper is paper paper is is white it might sound stupid but :L

One more thing in the pres do you write in your own paper for exam in geog if i want to draw a diagram do i draw it in my own paper or do they give it and what is the difference if they do give the paper i mean like
    paper is paper paper is is white it might sound stupid but :L
    I'm pretty sure you have to use paper supplied :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

How much studying are you going to do over the Christmas holidays?

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you have to use paper supplied :L

But what difference is the paper they give you and the paper we tear from our copies now this is the pres i am talking about i know about the junior cert

MomijiHime wrote: »
    How much studying are you going to do over the Christmas holidays?

By today i would have all my subjects 1st year done So in 1 week and a half i plan to do 2nd and 3rd year for 5 subjects as i already completed the course for History
    And for maths and english go back over exam papers and keep practising and then in the last 4 days before christmas holidays end which will be the starting of my pres i plan to just do exam qs. for all subjects for a quick revise you??

By today i would have all my subjects 1st year done So in 1 week and a half i plan to do 2nd and 3rd year for 5 subjects as i already completed the course for History
    And for maths and english go back over exam papers and keep practising and then in the last 4 days before christmas holidays end which will be the starting of my pres i plan to just do exam qs. for all subjects for a quick revise you??
    I don't think my pre's are until about Febuary so I'm just going to keep studying everything since I haven't covered everything.. but I think I'll mainly focus on trying to get a good bit of my art project done

Ok so i am freaking out my pres are in 12 days and i done **** and its all ****ty my fault so i cannot be bothered to look in the past at my mistakes i made mistakes my laziness well tough on me my own fault and i am now facing the consequences
    But if anyone could help me out or word of advice would be appreciated it
    I still have to do 2nd year and 3rd year for Science,Geog,Business Is it possible this is excluding my daily exam papers for wood metal and english and maths as i do 1 exam paper for them every day but despite that can a human do this much study in 12 days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The colour of the supplied paper is a slightly cream colour. It's not white and the lines are quite wide apart.
    Your school should have at least one booklet of 'official' exam paper lying around.

spurious wrote: »
    The colour of the supplied paper is a slightly cream colour. It's not white and the lines are quite wide apart.
    Your school should have at least one booklet of 'official' exam paper lying around.

What happens if you do not use the paper they provide you just tear out a page from your copy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What happens if you do not use the paper they provide you just tear out a page from your copy

Your exam will be cancelled as
    a) you have to use the paper supplied
    and
    b) you are not allowed bring any paper into the examination centre.

spurious wrote: »
    Your exam will be cancelled as
    a) you have to use the paper supplied
    and
    b) you are not allowed bring any paper into the examination centre.

But this is the pres is the pres the EXACT same as the jc exams

But this is the pres is the pres the EXACT same as the jc exams

Well I suppose it depends on your school, but either they do the mocks as a proper dry run with all associated rules and regulations, or they don't.

What's wrong with using to paper provided? it's just paper and you can always ask for more..

Thanks

Two stages in a typical design process are Sketches/Working Drawings and
    Design Ideas/Solutions. Explain these TWO stages.

Cam anyone give me the answer to that question i looked in the marking schemes and it gives a load of rubbish right answer but rubbish and complicated can anyone give me a good and easy answer and short but will give me the full 10 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Just wondering, could anyone give me the list of every chapter that needs to be covered for Maths- Paper1 and Paper2 (Project Maths)
    Thank you. I would appreciate it so much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Hi
    I was wondering do you study both river and sea or can you just study one because in an exam do they both get asked or only one of them

Well I only got a B but what I did was study sea in detail(I found it easier) than I did the river too but not as much, so if one came up I could at least have a solid answer.

• Advertisement

Pres in one week,****tin my self loloolol.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Hi,
    I've been looking at the exam questions on the sea and they seem to all be:
    draw and explain a landform of coastal erosion
    or
    " " " " " " " deposition.
    Does this mean I only have to learn one feature of sea erosion and another of sea deposition? As in only have to learn a cliff, instead of learning off how to ansewr a long question for a cliff, bays, headlands, sea stumps, stacks, arches, caves, blowholes ect?
    Thanks

sotisme wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been looking at the exam questions on the sea and they seem to all be:
    draw and explain a landform of coastal erosion
    or
    " " " " " " " deposition.
    Does this mean I only have to learn one feature of sea erosion and another of sea deposition? As in only have to learn a cliff, instead of learning off how to ansewr a long question for a cliff, bays, headlands, sea stumps, stacks, arches, caves, blowholes ect?
    Thanks

http://www.studyclix.ie/Subjects/Junior-Certificate/Higher/Geography/The-Sea

If you go to 2008 paper they asked you for both coastal erosion and deposition
    I learned sea cliff aswell as it is easy-for erosion
    For deposition i did not learn how it was formed as i just am to lazy and just going to take a chance of not them asking for the depostion
    But I advise learn what a liff, bays, headlands, sea stumps, stacks, arches, caves, blowholes(Learn from picture)
    Because they usually ask to identify and then learn the longshore drif what is it and what it does not how it works do not bother with that they never ask that and learn about the swash and back was what is it and what it does basics not too much detail
    After you learn the coastal defence the methods such example groynes and what they do etc.
    And finally they definately ask you that somethimes is one way people use
    and one way people pollute
    You have to give example and abit of details you know but again i would say around 5-7 lines be enough for one

Yes correct they only ask you one so yeah learn how a cliff is formed for erosion and eh................pick from spits bars and tombolos
    Here go on this link it will be helpful rather learning from the crappy book but learn some from book aswell
    http://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http%3a%2f%2fwww.studyclix.ie%2fContent%2fUploads%2f634914569488229722.ppt

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

thanks a mill! my pres aren't until mid febuary so ive done very little study as there isnt a huge amount of pressure, but now im starting to realise i should be ahead!

sotisme wrote: »
    thanks a mill! my pres aren't until mid febuary so ive done very little study as there isnt a huge amount of pressure, but now im starting to realise i should be ahead!

Lucky :P
    My pres are in 6 days and I done know studying and know I know i done know studying and this is why i am awake untill 3 o clock everyday:( until Tuesday When hell raises upon me and punishes me for me not studying and taking it seriously But maybe i might walk out of it alive I will let ye all know By Monday ;)

If you want to get Bs and As take my advice
    Start studying now forget how far you are just keep studying, do exam papers
    I was like that in the summer as I had finished the business and history course during the summer and this lead me to lazines in october and November 2 bloody month in which I loved to go back and do that studying that I should but I thought of my self being so ahead now i regret every minute of it
    I know it might be hard and your conciounse might tell you to take a break for a week or 5 days or somewhat but trust me IT IS NOT WORTH IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

My mocks are in 2 weeks but can't be arsed to study, I'm doing
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    German
    History
    Geography
    Religion
    Home Ec
    Science
    CSPE
    Business Studies

All higher level except for CSPE (derp)

• Advertisement

Jijsaw wrote: »
    My mocks are in 2 weeks but can't be arsed to study, I'm doing
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    German
    History
    Geography
    Religion
    Home Ec
    Science
    CSPE
    Business Studies

All higher level except for CSPE (derp)

Lol like I said to the previous POSTER You are very lucky but trust me you WILL REGRET IT AS I AM FACING THE CONSEQUENCES

Advertisement