Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

If you want to get Bs and As take my advice
    Start studying now forget how far you are just keep studying, do exam papers
    I was like that in the summer as I had finished the business and history course during the summer and this lead me to lazines in october and November 2 bloody month in which I loved to go back and do that studying that I should but I thought of my self being so ahead now i regret every minute of it
    I know it might be hard and your conciounse might tell you to take a break for a week or 5 days or somewhat but trust me IT IS NOT WORTH IT

Haha I'm actually not that stressed as I don't think most people in my year have done much and i'm a good student and worked really hard in 1st and 2nd year, and even in 3rd year on stuff we're only covering now. Like i got 10 A's and 1 B in my christmas report so the only thing I need to do now is revise my 1st and 2nd year stuff and ill be grand :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

sotisme wrote: »
    Haha I'm actually not that stressed as I don't think most people in my year have done much and i'm a good student and worked really hard in 1st and 2nd year, and even in 3rd year on stuff we're only covering now. Like i got 10 A's and 1 B in my christmas report so the only thing I need to do now is revise my 1st and 2nd year stuff and ill be grand :D

10As and 1B
    :eek:
    Never in my life i got that. I got so many Bs and so many Cs but never so many As
    Well after that i report if i was you even I would not worry
    Good luck

I done **** in 1st year and 2nd year I got 2As 5BS 2Cs and 1 E

for my 3rd year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I'm the exact same got 8 A's 2 B's and 2 C's in my Christmas report, only thing I'm crap at is maths and I'm getting grinds and my grades are increasing, anyways it's the only the mocks I'll work harder for the JC anyways

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In many subjects almost 50% who sit the exam get a B or an A. The exam is designed for you to maximise success.

Don't worry so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

The history course is MASSIVE, am just realising how much learning is involved. Started taking notes on the renaissance today and noticed that my book seems super irrelevent. Or do we really need to know every step into how books were printed the "moveable way"? :eek:

sotisme wrote: »
    The history course is MASSIVE, am just realising how much learning is involved. Started taking notes on the renaissance today and noticed that my book seems super irrelevent. Or do we really need to know every step into how books were printed the "moveable way"? :eek:

History for me anyways is like studying Science
    not that much but Geography is living hell

Hi does any one know what stuff to study in the weather and climate chapters of geography
    What exactly do you study(Please do not say whole chapter)
    Do you learn how winds occur etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Hi does any one know what stuff to study in the weather and climate chapters of geography
    What exactly do you study(Please do not say whole chapter)
    Do you learn how winds occur etc.
    Whatevers on the syllabus can come up on your exam:
    http://www.curriculumonline.ie/en/Post-Primary_Curriculum/Junior_Cycle_Curriculum/Junior_Certificate_Subjects/Geography/Junior_cycle_Geography_syllabus.pdf

• Advertisement

Hi thinking of getting a book for geography as i find it hard lolol
    Any recommendations??
    I already have a revise wise but in my opinion it is ****e with a capital S
    is less stress more sucess any better

Hi thinking of getting a book for geography as i find it hard lolol
    Any recommendations??
    I already have a revise wise but in my opinion it is ****e with a capital S
    is less stress more sucess any better
    I've Rapid Revision by Folens and I like it :)

https://www.schoolbooks.ie/165519-1365-0-%7CFolens_Publishers%7CRapid_Revision_Geography_-_Junior_Cert_-_Ordinary_Level

For some reason this website says the books for Ordinary Level but it's not :L It's for both levels :)

It's here as well : http://www.folens.ie/catalog/book_detail.php?bookid=557

You can get it second hand here :)http://www.bookhaven.ie/product-detail/3672/Rapid%20Revision%20Geography%20Junior%20Certificate/FITZHARRIS,%20TARA
    Might as well save yourself a bit of money! And they're always in grand condition :)

Does it have good amount of details and is it easier then the book
    If so can i learn alll from the rapid revision

Does it have good amount of details and is it easier then the book
    If so can i learn alll from the rapid revision
    It has all the detail needed and all the diagrams needed. It summarises case studies brilliantly :D It's much more condensed than the books imo anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

I am so glad I'll be doing my mocks after mid term, 18th Feb, maybe I'll be able to get some small clues for what came up :) anyways, I always get an A or B in maths HL but since i want to be a doctor i want a really strong A so I asked my mum for grinds but not because im bad at maths but to achieve a better grade. the problem is that i will have this really smart boy that is one or two year older than me and im afraid i'll feel stupid in front of him and i'll be afraid of asking him anything, do you think i should just concentrate in getting an A in maths and ask him everything i am concerned about etc. or was it a bad idea in asking such a young fellow to give me grinds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

I am so glad I'll be doing my mocks after mid term, 18th Feb, maybe I'll be able to get some small clues for what came up :) anyways, I always get an A or B in maths HL but since i want to be a doctor i want a really strong A so I asked my mum for grinds but not because im bad at maths but to achieve a better grade. the problem is that i will have this really smart boy that is one or two year older than me and im afraid i'll feel stupid in front of him and i'll be afraid of asking him anything, do you think i should just concentrate in getting an A in maths and ask him everything i am concerned about etc. or was it a bad idea in asking such a young fellow to give me grinds :)

Mine are on the 22nd :) So relieved!
    Don't worry about asking questions that you think are stupid; getting grinds is all about understanding everything about a topic properly! You'll be grand, and maybe just start off by telling him the topics you aren't as strong at. :)
    I had one Maths grind over Christmas and it helped me understand an awful lot of stuff :)

You lucky Bastard
    My pres tomorrow

You lucky Bastard
    My pres tomorrow

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

You lucky Bastard
    My pres tomorrow

Good luck!!!!

English pre and history pre today
    relatively simple enough
    I attached the english
    I did all the questions
    2 pages for comprehension
    2 and a half pages for speech
    1 page and a half for letter
    and 1 page
    BUT I LEFT THE LAST QUESTION DUE TO TIME ISSUES AND BEEN PROMISING 15 MINS EXTRA BECAUSE OF LATE STARTURE BUT NEVER GOT !!!!

History
    did all questions but left out 4 2 mark question in Picture because never studied irish history
    did all question in documents left out only one 1 mark question
    did all question in short answers
    did essay 1 and a half page for each (Mesolithic age)(MARTIN LUTHER)
    Did all questions for question 5 and an account 5-6 lines on The impacts of american war had to french revoloution
    Did all question A in Q6. wrote an essay about rome lifestyle and child 2 and a half page took
    Did very poorly in D only got some correct i would say 4 marks and did not do the account on berlin walll being brought down and cuba crisis :(
    So what do you think chance of me getting a B in those two papers ????

• Advertisement

Also for the mesolithic age it asked for a person living in ireland in pre christian age or was it after one of them any ways lol
    I asked my teacher and he said it was to be stone age
    So i wrote about mesolithic but the thing is i wrote in 3rd person would marks be detucted ???

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Are the pres the same everywhere or are they made by the teachers like Christmas exams?

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Are the pres the same everywhere or are they made by the teachers like Christmas exams?

I think various companies make out sample papers for the mocks, different schools order different ones :)

relatively simple enough
    I attached the english
    I did all the questions
    and 1 page
    BUT I LEFT THE LAST QUESTION DUE TO TIME ISSUES AND BEEN PROMISING 15 MINS EXTRA BECAUSE OF LATE STARTURE BUT NEVER GOT !!!!

History
    did all questions but left out 4 2 mark question in Picture because never studied irish history
    Did all questions for question 5 and an account 5-6 lines on The impacts of american war had to french revoloution
    Did all question A in Q6. wrote an essay about rome lifestyle and child 2 and a half page took
    Did very poorly in D only got some correct i would say 4 marks and did not do the account on berlin walll being brought down and cuba crisis :(

It sounds like you spread your time out well on both papers, I need to learn to do that :( I'd say you'll do fine! :)

Yeah but the last questions in both subjects could have been the difference between the C and B the B to an A OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Hopefully got good results
    BTW our pre papers were from folens :)
    If you want to have a copy i have no problem sending them to you

Yeah but the last questions in both subjects could have been the difference between the C and B the B to an A OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll just do them and if I get a few shock grades it might wake me up a bit haha :rolleyes::pac:

relatively simple enough
    I attached the english
    I did all the questions
    and 1 page

History

YOU LEGEND!!! This is the mock I'm getting for history, I LOVE YOU!!!! :D:D:D

Could you mind sending me the english and history mock please? Once again you're a legend ;)

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Could you mind sending me the english and history mock please? Once again you're a legend ;)

Ok but you have to take the fact that you might not get the exact pre as me
    Lol btw how do you know that't the mock you are getting???
    I will send history next week as i had to give it up but here is the english
    And remember i take no responsibility so if you happened not to get the same pre you cannot blame(so you should not be completely reliant on it)
    It is not certain you will get the same but nevertheless

• Advertisement

Ok but you have to take the fact that you might not get the exact pre as me
    Lol btw how do you know that't the mock you are getting???
    I will send history next week as i had to give it up but here is the english
    And remember i take no responsibility so if you happened not to get the same pre you cannot blame(so you should not be completely reliant on it)
    It is not certain you will get the same but nevertheless

Nope it's Folens, I sneekily asked the teacher was it Folens she was getting it from or what and she replied it was :cool:

Advertisement