Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Medication in Oxford
    You do know you need ATLEAST 600 POINTS
    I know :D I reckon I could get it if I keep my head down :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Oxford?!? You posh thing ;) I plan on going to NUIG or RADA or maybe Liverpool Hope University (most likely never going to happen but one can always hope) And everybody seems to want to do medicine, all the people in my year want to be footballers or hairdressers....

Lol well tell them good luck
    I plan to go to trinity college or UCD

Oxford?!? You posh thing ;) I plan on going to NUIG or RADA or maybe Liverpool Hope University (most likely never going to happen but one can always hope) And everybody seems to want to do medicine, all the people in my year want to be footballers or hairdressers....
    Hahaha :D Prestige is everything ;) I would love to get into RADA, it would be amazing but I doubt I'd ever be too successful :L Best of Luck though xD

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I know :D I reckon I could get it if I keep my head down :D

http://www.careersportal.ie/courses/pointscalculator.php#.UOypNeRLNy0
    Here this might help some people out
    You can calculate of what you may get in your subjects :D
    I got 520

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Lol well tell them good luck
    I plan to go to trinity college or UCD

Trinity :P You guys put me to shame with my NUIG plans, haha I have an apartment in Salthill anyways and I'm going sharing with my brother Cathal (he plans to do Science in GMIT) while my other brother Shane is doing Irish and Translations studies in NUIG now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

I would love to go to Yale or Harvard but I cant find any scholarships from Ireland! I will pick either Oxford etc, British ones or just in case I'll apply to Trinity. Medicine is my goal and dreeeam :D

Trinity :P You guys put me to shame with my NUIG plans, haha I have an apartment in Salthill anyways and I'm going sharing with my brother Cathal (he plans to do Science in GMIT) while my other brother Shane is doing Irish and Translations studies in NUIG now :D

Well atleast you will be away from the sheeps ;);)

I would love to go to Yale or Harvard but I cant find any scholarships from Ireland! I will pick either Oxford etc, British ones or just in case I'll apply to Trinity. Medicine is my goal and dreeeam :D
    I'm the exact same! :O Would have loved America but the expense is just killing :( I'm applying everywhere :O Oxford, (Can't apply to Cambridge if you apply to Oxford :( ), Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Trinity, UCC, Glasgow, Harvard (what's the harm in an application? :L)

hhahahahahah, omg, this is hillarious!!!! seriously the whole sheep thing omgg :D

http://www.careersportal.ie/courses/pointscalculator.php#.UOypNeRLNy0
    Here this might help some people out
    You can calculate of what you may get in your subjects :D
    I got 520

I got 515 and that's with a D1 in OL maths :P I'm not going to count that in my top 6 anyways, my friends and I are going to have a bonfire once our results are out for me to burn my maths book and them to burn their Irish books:P:P

• Advertisement

Am I the only one that doesn't have a really bad subject? :confused: :L

I got 515 and that's with a D1 in OL maths :P I'm not going to count that in my top 6 anyways, my friends and I are going to have a bonfire once our results are out for me to burn my maths book and them to burn their Irish books:P:P

Lol

:p Coincidentally I have a framed picture of a sheep and a stuffed sheep toy next to me as I type. Wherever I go sheep are sure to follow :rolleyes:

I'm the exact same! :O Would have loved America but the expense is just killing :( I'm applying everywhere :O Oxford, (Can't apply to Cambridge if you apply to Oxford :( ), Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Trinity, UCC, Glasgow, Harvard (what's the harm in an application? :L)

Princeton is the school for me :D I really want to take up rowing so I can get the scholarship :rolleyes: But I live next to a river which you can't row in 1) Because it's shallow and 2) It's polluted

Looking at the list of subjects, does anybody actually know somebody who does Hebrew Studies? It just sounds like an easy subject for Jewish people to get an A1 in... Why is'int there a Christian studies??

Looking at the list of subjects, does anybody actually know somebody who does Hebrew Studies? It just sounds like an easy subject for Jewish people to get an A1 in... Why is'int there a Christian studies??
    Religion? :L There's a whole section dedicated to Christianity in it :L All the other major world religions are in one section :L It's a bit christian based :P Funnily enough I'm awful at the Christianity section :L Then again, I'm an atheist so :confused:

There's a jewish studies exam as well yano :L

My school doesnt do RE for Jc, we had 3 classes a week and this year we have 2! Imagine not doing it for JC but wasting time in doing something that you dont need while i have 1 class a week of CSPE AND ITS ON MY JC AND I DONT GET IT AT ALL! I know its simple but its hard learning off all the names and people :/

Religion? :L There's a whole section dedicated to Christianity in it :L All the other major world religions are in one section :L It's a bit christian based :P Funnily enough I'm awful at the Christianity section :L Then again, I'm an atheist so :confused:

There's a jewish studies exam as well yano :L

My school doesn't do religion as an exam subject for LC we just do it as a subject to keep on minds off work all the time. But I don't know about your book but my religion book has an entire section devoted to each major world religion, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism :p Roscommon seems so behind nobody in my year thinks of themself as an atheist we're all Roman Catholic, although I have dipped my toe into Hinduism at some parts of my life. I feel we're on earth anyways we might as well hope that there's going to be a heaven afterwards, it's something to look forward to ;)

My school doesnt do RE for Jc, we had 3 classes a week and this year we have 2! Imagine not doing it for JC but wasting time in doing something that you dont need while i have 1 class a week of CSPE AND ITS ON MY JC AND I DONT GET IT AT ALL! I know its simple but its hard learning off all the names and people :/

Religion is useless for JC, once again it's all general knowledge and if you ever read a children's bible when you were younger you're going to get an A in it :P But CSPE is easy enough although it can be a b**** (pardon my french) in some parts i.e identifying parliaments and laws and all that

We've only two religion classes and one CSPE class a week and CSPE has more work to be done like :L Religion's considered a minority subject and no one seems to take it seriously that annoys me.
    My school doesn't do religion as an exam subject for LC we just do it as a subject to keep on minds off work all the time. But I don't know about your book but my religion book has an entire section devoted to each major world religion, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism :p Roscommon seems so behind nobody in my year thinks of themself as an atheist we're all Roman Catholic, although I have dipped my toe into Hinduism at some parts of my life. I feel we're on earth anyways we might as well hope that there's going to be a heaven afterwards, it's something to look forward to ;)

We don't do it for LC either :L My book has a section for christianity and a section for Judaism AND Islam. For Hinduism and Buddhism you can download the free chapters online :rolleyes: I was surprised how modern Cork is :L There's loads of people in my tinchy little town that are atheists :L

• Advertisement

We've only two religion classes and one CSPE class a week and CSPE has more work to be done like :L Religion's considered a minority subject and no one seems to take it seriously that annoys me.

I have religion classes 3 times a week and it's the most BORING class known to man, we actually watched Sminky Shorts in it last week ;)

We don't do it for LC either :L My book has a section for christianity and a section for Judaism AND Islam. For Hinduism and Buddhism you can download the free chapters online :rolleyes: I was surprised how modern Cork is :L There's loads of people in my tinchy little town that are atheists :L

In my town you get talked about if you don't go to mass :rolleyes: What would Jesus think

I have religion classes 3 times a week and it's the most BORING class known to man, we actually watched Sminky Shorts in it last week ;)
    Christ, Roscommon sounds fun :L I live near Cork City so I'm not too bad :L

Two explanations @ 4m each (St2 + D1 + D1)
    I had my geography
    Did well enough but for some questions i did not asnwer properly
    E.g.explain 2 reason why Ireland's population grew during the 1800s
    I said no family planning provided
    High infant mortality(famine) rate so people had many children in hope for some to survive
    At that time many people were involved in the primary activites
    Children were needed to help out in farms
    No pention were provided so children were needed to help their parents
    Is this correct and if so would i gotten full marks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Hebrew is a language, not a religion.

**** i got it wrong for xxxx sake ???????
    It supposed to be the complete opposite food supply clean water etc

Two explanations @ 4m each (St2 + D1 + D1)
    I had my geography
    Did well enough but for some questions i did not asnwer properly
    E.g.explain 2 reason why Ireland's population grew during the 1800s
    I said no family planning provided
    High infant mortality(famine) rate so people had many children in hope for some to survive
    At that time many people were involved in the primary activites
    Children were needed to help out in farms
    No pention were provided so children were needed to help their parents
    Is this correct and if so would i gotten full marks

The bit about no family planning seems right, but the question is a bit iffy... the population GREW in the 1800s?!? Surely judging by The Great Famine the population was cut in half from 1850+ I mean it was 8 million pre-famine and post-famine it was cut down to 4 million... Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Is that question on the Pres for Geography? Nice one haha

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Hi, if anyone could answer this it'd be gratefully appreciated!

For the Age of Exploration in History my book focuses mainly on 2 explorers, Columbus and Ferdinand Magellen.

Would I be ok just learning Columbus or do I need to know all about Magellen as well?

Also Bartholomew Diaz, Vasco de Gama and Prince Henry the Explorer are mentioned, I persume I need to know a brief bit on them also?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

You're all very JC On-Topic for the JC OFF-TOPIC thread :L

It's supposed to be for talking about complete and utter random crap ye know :rolleyes:

Advertisement