Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I was wondering. I'm really bad at CSPE as in the exam part, section A specifically. I don't know any politicians and if i get a photograph I won't be able to say who it is (maybe if it was obama or the president of ireland etc, england) but not the others. At the beginning of my exam papers it says that i should compile a gallery. What does that mean? Should I make a photo album with the most important people or what? I have mocks in 3 weeks and I'm so confused. Can I bring the album or will I get one during the exam? My teacher never said anything about a gallery of photos! Please help :) thanks.
    What they mean by gallery is just make a little collection of people who could come up on the exam like on your computer or something! You can't bring it into the CSPE exam though (there'd be no point examining it? :confused:).. Not a lot of different people could come up. I wouldn't say you'd have to study for it! You nearly always know one or two and can nearly guess the rest! It can be buildings as well just to let you know, not just people!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I was wondering. I'm really bad at CSPE as in the exam part, section A specifically. I don't know any politicians and if i get a photograph I won't be able to say who it is (maybe if it was obama or the president of ireland etc, england) but not the others. At the beginning of my exam papers it says that i should compile a gallery. What does that mean? Should I make a photo album with the most important people or what? I have mocks in 3 weeks and I'm so confused. Can I bring the album or will I get one during the exam? My teacher never said anything about a gallery of photos! Please help :) thanks.

I'v never heard of a gallery in CSPE so I can't help you with that but the politician question is only 4 marks, next to nothing. The politicians/buildings in it are usually pretty general so learn the looks of the president and a few ministers. Don't leave any blanks. Focus the most on Section B, it has more points that A and C combined. But, even more than that, focus on your project, it's 60% of you grade. Do some exam papers. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭The Union Forever

Had my first mock exam today.. I'm pretty happy with the way it went :) Dreading tomorrow and Friday though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Did my maths paper 1 in the mocks today and I honestly think I might have failed :eek: I was really disappointed because maths is one of my strongest subjects, I usually get A's. It was impossible though! I was just wondering, if I did fail the mocks for maths, will my teacher make me do ordinary for the junior cert?? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In history a stone quern is used to grind corn or cereals into flour??? In one of my book it says corn, in the other flour, on the internet it says flour, in the marking scheme corn?! thanks ;)

You will get the marks for either.
    You would get the marks for 'mash wheat into powder', you would get the marks for 'it is spun around and flour comes out the sides'.

It's the Junior Cert..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

juniorcert wrote: »
    Did my maths paper 1 in the mocks today and I honestly think I might have failed :eek: I was really disappointed because maths is one of my strongest subjects, I usually get A's. It was impossible though! I was just wondering, if I did fail the mocks for maths, will my teacher make me do ordinary for the junior cert?? :confused:

I would say that would depend on how you do in your homework and general class tests. If the fail in the mock is a once off, it's unlikely to be used to make you drop a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Thanks, I should be ok so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

juniorcert wrote: »

Paper 1 was awful I'm hoping I got at least 1/4 right, it was that hard but I'm a C-average inmaths :/ Anyways as far as I know your teachers can't "make" you drop down to ordinary, they can only suggest it

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

great...I'm trying to study maths and its so hard, I'm in HL. The examples in the book, revision book or class work is quite simple, but the questions in JC are so much harder?! Why is that so? I cant get any right in Volume+area!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    How's it hanging???
    Tomorrow I will have a all of my pre results back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

How's it hanging???

How are ya ;) I will be getting my results either this week or week after midterm but I still have a German and a business mock to do :/

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Just how hard are the mocks? I still have another two weeks, I'll be starting them straight after mid term..

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Just how hard are the mocks? I still have another two weeks, I'll be starting them straight after mid term..

They are not that hard like....
    The only subject I would say that you would struggle in is
    English
    Maths
    History(Maybe)
    Business
    Languages

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

How's it hanging???

How did you get on? :)

Teachers these days are too lazy got only few back I will let ye know by Friday the latest
    Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 3 _Jesse_

Hey can anybody tell me what comes up in the history HL mocks cause I'm freaking out and I have it tomorrow! :O

_Jesse_ wrote: »
    Hey can anybody tell me what comes up in the history HL mocks cause I'm freaking out and I have it tomorrow! :O
    Just revise your notes. There's no pointing looking for the questions, because chances are you'll be just as 'freaked out' this June and won't have the option of asking what comes up. It's your mocks, there supposed to be a practice for your Junior Cert. Treat them like that.

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Just revise your notes. There's no pointing looking for the questions, because chances are you'll be just as 'freaked out' this June and won't have the option of asking what comes up. It's your mocks, there supposed to be a practice for your Junior Cert. Treat them like that.
    Haha ya I suppose, it's just so much to learn u know :P and I have till June to study properly any way but thanks :) if you could just give me a tiny hint that would be a lot of help because I have nearly the whole book to learn in one night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

_Jesse_ wrote: »
    Haha ya I suppose, it's just so much to learn u know :P and I have till June to study properly any way but thanks :) if you could just give me a tiny hint that would be a lot of help because I have nearly the whole book to learn in one night :)

<deleted>
    Infraction issued.

Thanks have you done it?

You do realise there's numerous of companies that produce completely different papers? Your school might use completely different papers to that of another.

• Advertisement

Bazinga_N wrote: »

You do realise there's numerous of companies that produce completely different papers? Your school might use completely different papers to that of another.
    Ya but sure it's better than knowing nothing :P I dont really mind if its not right I just like having a bit of hope of passing :P

Anyone posting mock spoilers in this forum will be banned.
    Read the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

had french mock today absoulety impossible!! the listening is awful :( so sure i failed!

Hey I was wondering, I'm going to Spain in July and the problem is that I wear glasses, when I take them off everything is blurred so I wear them all the time. How can I go swimming? I dont wear contact lenses but even if i did it's a risk wearing them in water. I'm going there as a camp holiday and i wont know anyone so i have to extra careful. I'm also going to water parks and stuff like Disneyland, what should i do with my glasses?! I really need them to see ; P

Hey I was wondering, I'm going to Spain in July and the problem is that I wear glasses, when I take them off everything is blurred so I wear them all the time. How can I go swimming? I dont wear contact lenses but even if i did it's a risk wearing them in water. I'm going there as a camp holiday and i wont know anyone so i have to extra careful. I'm also going to water parks and stuff like Disneyland, what should i do with my glasses?! I really need them to see ; P

I would ask your optician and see what they suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Lads, I know ye're all caught up in the mocks and what not but there is something far more serious and extremely important that ye're all forgetting; something that we should all be grateful for.....

IT WILL BE PANCAKE TUESDAY IN EXACTLY ONE WEEK.

:D

Had my French Aural pre today </3 It was supposed to be for tomorrow.. Don't think I did great tbh :rolleyes:

I have my french aural tomorrow during class time! I suck at that! :(( going to fail probably :(

ChloeL wrote: »
    Hey I'm doing my French mock exam tomorrow !! Don't know anything :o can u tell me what came up ? Ecspecially on the letters and note part !! Please :)
    You do realise there's a post like 6 above yours saying there'll be no mock spoilers?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83059631&postcount=834

• Advertisement

I dont get it, its our choice if we want to know what comes up and if we're nicely asking what to revise, whats the problem with that.... you can at least say SPOILER (go down if you want to know) so if someone doesnt want to read it they can skip that person's post.

Advertisement