Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gibsoneve

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    gibsoneve wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I tried the whole timetable thing but I couldn't really follow it because some days I just can't study and others I'll do loads so it's just not my thing frown.png But atm I'm doing some science and Religion (death, I think religion is so pointless but mandatory in my school :/ )Science and English would be my strongest subjects and Irish and Home Ec the weakest but working away towards the Christmas exams and then mocks!

I'm glad I've found some fellow studiers though, all my friends meet up every day after school and things while I'm studying, they think I'm mad :L
    That's my issue too! I reckon I'll just make a list of things I want to complete during the week and tick them off as I get to them!

Ya, I've to do Religion too! -.- Not fun! :L

Woodwork would be my only weak subject per se, but my French isn't brilliant either!

Everything else is good enough though :D

Ya my friends were like that but with all the pressure from school they're starting to get slightly more like me :L

Usually I just write down what I need to do that day and tick them off that way :)

Are you going to do TY do you think? :)

Yeah loads of my friends are just natually smart though and can just like wing their exams on not alot of study so they're grand :P

Hello :)
    I tried the whole timetable thing but I couldn't really follow it because some days I just can't study and others I'll do loads so it's just not my thing frown.png But atm I'm doing some science and Religion (death, I think religion is so pointless but mandatory in my school :/ )Science and English would be my strongest subjects and Irish and Home Ec the weakest but working away towards the Christmas exams and then mocks!

I'm glad I've found some fellow studiers though, all my friends meet up every day after school and things while I'm studying, they think I'm mad :L

Some parts of Religion I don't like, but we've got a new teacher this year and she's going to cover Islam and Buddhism in detail so we have an option other than Christianity in World Religions for the JC! :D
    I think the Morality side of it is quite interesting too even though it's common sense :L

I love English too! :3
    Urgh yeah, I forgot about the Christmas exams!:eek:

:D Yeah, I know,some of my friends are like that too. One of them thinks I'm absolutely insane because I spend 4 or 5 hours doing study and homework -.- It's normal for me though, I've always been like that.
    Really I only have two friends in the same mindset as me :)
    It's nice to have some people on here that do the same! :D

I did Islam last year and loved it! But I haaate the Christianity sections, maybe it's because I'm kind of anti Christian myself, I'm not sure really!

Yaaaaay for studying! It's actually taking over my life though :L like I gets pangs of guilt when I'm watching TV and things or out with friends, I'm always thinking about studying :P

I just think its so important to have the right work ethic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

I did Islam last year and loved it! But I haaate the Christianity sections, maybe it's because I'm kind of anti Christian myself, I'm not sure really!

Yaaaaay for studying! It's actually taking over my life though :L like I gets pangs of guilt when I'm watching TV and things or out with friends, I'm always thinking about studying :P

Cyber five! ^.^ I know, it eats me up sometimes too! :(
    Definitely, it's super important! It really saddens me to see people who are barely getting by, because they don't have that work ethic! Especially people who have potential! Everyone can't be the same though I suppose :)

Definitely, it's super important! It really saddens me to see people who are barely getting by, because they don't have that work ethic! Especially people who have potential! Everyone can't be the same though I suppose :)

Yeah but what frustrates me the most is those people who don't try and then complain about it. Like everyone can make an effort! :)

Oh having a good work ethic helps you in every aspect I think and it will help you in LC and University too :) über important!

Yeah but what frustrates me the most is those people who don't try and then complain about it. Like everyone can make an effort! :)

Oh having a good work ethic helps you in every aspect I think and it will help you in LC and University too :) über important!

Exactly :)

Definitely, it's a bit of a shocker for people who don't bother and then go to uni and see what's expected of them :) At least it'll be like second nature to us ;D

I best be off back to the land of studying, a heap of chapter test await me next week! :) I might be on later, and if so I'll see you then!

• Advertisement

Exactly :)

Definitely, it's a bit of a shocker for people who don't bother and then go to uni and see what's expected of them :) At least it'll be like second nature to us ;D

I best be off back to the land of studying, a heap of chapter test await me next week! :) I might be on later, and if so I'll see you then!

Good luck, I'll continue with my stupid lab notebook questions :) talk soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Some parts of Religion I don't like, but we've got a new teacher this year and she's going to cover Islam and Buddhism in detail so we have an option other than Christianity in World Religions for the JC! :D
    I think the Morality side of it is quite interesting too even though it's common sense :L

I love English too! :3
    Urgh yeah, I forgot about the Christmas exams!:eek:

:D Yeah, I know,some of my friends are like that too. One of them thinks I'm absolutely insane because I spend 4 or 5 hours doing study and homework -.- It's normal for me though, I've always been like that.
    Really I only have two friends in the same mindset as me :)
    It's nice to have some people on here that do the same! :D

Yeah we did Islam! I like the Question of Faith parts as well though!

English is the shizz!
    Usually I just write down what I need to do that day and tick them off that way

Are you going to do TY do you think?

Yeah loads of my friends are just natually smart though and can just like wing their exams on not alot of study so they're grand :P

Yeah that's what I think I'll do!! I have to.. My school's starting a 3 Year Leaving Cert for us, and we'll be doing TY activities as well as our LC subjects in 4th Year!

Yaaaaay for studying! It's actually taking over my life though :L like I gets pangs of guilt when I'm watching TV and things or out with friends, I'm always thinking about studying

Athiest's FTW :L I'm an atheist too!

Ah, I know what you mean.. You just need to study like! :L

Definitely, it's super important! It really saddens me to see people who are barely getting by, because they don't have that work ethic! Especially people who have potential! Everyone can't be the same though I suppose

I hate when people mooch! Because you just know they're going to be upset when they get bad results then! :(

That's true :)
    Exactly

I best be off back to the land of studying, a heap of chapter test await me next week! I might be on later, and if so I'll see you then!

Haha Exactly! See you later :D
    Good luck, I'll continue with my stupid lab notebook questions :) talk soon!

Bye!

Haha Exactly! See you later :D

Bye!

Omg I'm actually wrecked! Just finished up my study around 5, Im exhausted! And now I'm watching Home Alone 2 to relax a bit ;)

I'm attempting to build a desk :L

I'm attempting to build a desk :L

To study on I hope ;)

• Advertisement

To study on I hope ;)
    It actually is :L Haha I was complaining about my back being sore from trying to just do it on my bed to my parents so they surprised me :L And then left me to build it! My inner bob the builder is coming out! :D

It actually is :L Haha I was complaining about my back being sore from trying to just do it on my bed to my parents so they surprised me :L And then left me to build it! My inner bob the builder is coming out! :D

Oh I hate studying on my bed! :( good luck with that :P my desk is covered with writing, most of it my scrawls of complaining about studying :L

Oh I hate studying on my bed! :( good luck with that :P my desk is covered with writing, most of it my scrawls of complaining about studying :L
    I've just finished currently filling my drawer with endless amounts of stationary :L

Hey again! :)
    Taking another study break -.-
    Still have Irish, Business and Geography to go! Think I might leave most of it till tomorrow though! ;D
    Oh god I could never study on my bed! :O
    I have a little desk in a spare room, with drawers and stuff.
    I arranged all my old copies into boxes recently :D (I love boxes.)
    I thought you meant you were actually making a desk (like woodwork)
    It would be a hard task!
    I get panic attacks if any pen marks get on my desk (or duvets, or anything else really). OCD much? :rolleyes:

Hey again! :)
    Taking another study break -.-
    Still have Irish, Business and Geography to go! Think I might leave most of it till tomorrow though! ;D
    Oh god I could never study on my bed! :O
    I have a little desk in a spare room, with drawers and stuff.
    I arranged all my old copies into boxes recently :D (I love boxes.)
    I thought you meant you were actually making a desk (like woodwork)
    It would be a hard task!
    I get panic attacks if any pen marks get on my desk (or duvets, or anything else really). OCD much? :rolleyes:
    Ah not fun! :L I was studying again a bit earlier, but i've to babysit tonight so it's a night off :')

It came in a flatpack.. I just had to put it together :P I'm going to keep mine unbelievably clean :D

Ah not fun! :L I was studying again a bit earlier, but i've to babysit tonight so it's a night off :')

It came in a flatpack.. I just had to put it together :P I'm going to keep mine unbelievably clean :D

Yep :L Awh! :D What age is the kid you're babysitting? :')
    That's a great way to earn a bit of money; I would do it but I would be afraid I might be oblivious if something bad happened :L

Oh my god, to me that sounds like torture! All the little screws and everyhthing! :eek:
    Haha yeah, I was trying to keep mine in pristine condition :( Didn't work out haha!

Yep :L Awh! :D What age is the kid you're babysitting? :')
    That's a great way to earn a bit of money; I would do it but I would be afraid I might be oblivious if something bad happened :L

Oh my god, to me that sounds like torture! All the little screws and everyhthing! :eek:
    Haha yeah, I was trying to keep mine in pristine condition :( Didn't work out haha!
    Ah it's my brother and sister :) He's 10 and she's 5! €20 for the night and mam and dad left money for supermacs! They've actually gone up to my aunts house and for some reason took my baby brother with them :L I'm not sure why but we were'nt invited!

It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be :D Looks good if I'm honest! :D

Ah it's my brother and sister :) He's 10 and she's 5! €20 for the night and mam and dad left money for supermacs! They've actually gone up to my aunts house and for some reason took my baby brother with them :L I'm not sure why but we were'nt invited!

It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be :D Looks good if I'm honest! :D

Awh! :') That's nice of your parents! They expect me to 'babysit' my sister for free -.- It's not too bad I suppose :p

Haha what type of wood is it? Or is it metal? :)

Awh! :') That's nice of your parents! They expect me to 'babysit' my sister for free -.- It's not too bad I suppose :p

Sorry to butt into your conversation guys but I'm really bored as all my friends are gone to a sleepover without me and I have nothing to do :L I'm the youngest in my family and my brother was never paid for minding me :L I pretty much mind him now though, just made his dinner for him :D

Ya, it's pretty handy money :D I just sticks on a movie and they're occupied for the night :L SORTED.
    Sorry to butt into your conversation guys but I'm really bored as all my friends are gone to a sleepover without me and I have nothing to do :L I'm the youngest in my family and my brother was never paid for minding me :L I pretty much mind him now though, just made his dinner for him :D

Exactly why I was sure not to pick Home-Ec or ever learn some cooking! :L

• Advertisement

Exactly why I was sure not to pick Home-Ec or ever learn some cooking! :L

Aww home ec is such a trekkkk :(

Aww home ec is such a trekkkk :(
    Ugh! I'd hate to have do all that cooking :L And tbf, the course looks massive, can't be easy to cover! :O

Oh btw! Anybody notice the clevernotes.ie advert at the back of the folens exam papers? What's that all about? I went to the website but it was just a video about something coming soon! Doesn't give much away :confused:

Ugh! I'd hate to have do all that cooking :L And tbf, the course looks massive, can't be easy to cover! :O

I love cooking though <3 here do you do business? The course is such a death and the paper looks horrendous :(

I love cooking though <3 here do you do business? The course is such a death and the paper looks horrendous :(
    I love Business :D It's really not that bad! We're doing exam papers now! There's actually a good bit of choice! So, there's actually parts of the course you don't have to do (but really you should!)!

Why do you do it?

I love Business :D It's really not that bad! We're doing exam papers now! There's actually a good bit of choice! So, there's actually parts of the course you don't have to do (but really you should!)!

Why do you do it?

Apparently I'm really good at it and my teacher said I should think about it for a career choice but I actually really don't like it :L like it was my highest mark at summer but like I just really don't enjoy the subject :L

Oh we had to pick our subjects before we started first year so Mother Dearest said it would 'stand to me' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Aoife78

Same! :D Right now we're just practising posters with themes -.- I just want to get the themes and get started. We we're looking at some of last years work, and really you can interpret the themes however you like! :D I love having creative ideas for things like this :)
    Are the revisewise books good? I've always been curious about them but never bought one :)

Hey sorry I didn't reply I had a busy weekend :) We are doing object drawing at the mo and its pretty boring so I'm excited about the themes too! The revisewise books are good because sometimes the textbooks and notes give you a bit too much info I find, I've had mine since 2nd year and I find themgreat for chapter tests

I'm a bit late too but tbh I think this would be good for me, Hi, I'm Eva :) I'm literally study obsessed, I want to do well SO badly. I work hard and usually pays off (summer results 7 A's 4 B's) Irish would be my weak point but I'm getting better! As I write this I'm on a study break!

Subjects I'm doing:
    English (HL)
    Irish (HL)
    Maths (HL)
    History (HL)
    Geography (HL)
    Science (HL)
    Spanish (HL)
    Religion (HL)
    Home Ec (HL)
    Business (HL)
    CSPE.

I'm hoping this will help to be a support system :)

Heey Eva :) I noticed we are both doing home ec, have you started your project yet? I've decided to d a Nyancat cross stitch :3 Btw is everyone doing Religion here as an exam subject? In my school we don't because they want Religion as a 'relaxing time to talk to God' :rolleyes:

Aoife78 wrote: »
    Heey Eva :) I noticed we are both doing home ec, have you started your project yet? I've decided to d a Nyancat cross stitch :3 Btw is everyone doing Religion here as an exam subject? In my school we don't because they want Religion as a 'relaxing time to talk to God' :rolleyes:

Hello Aoife :) I have my project like ready but I haven't actually begun like the actual stitching yet :L I attached the picture of what I'm doing there :) Yeah RE is a compulsory exam subject in my school, it's so stupid :(

• Advertisement

Hello Aoife :) I have my project like ready but I haven't actually begun like the actual stitching yet :L I attached the picture of what I'm doing there :) Yeah RE is a compulsory exam subject in my school, it's so stupid :(

Ah thats cute :D I'm starting next week hopefully have all my stuff. The teacher says it should be done by Christmas! Glad I don't have to do it so :D Religion is doss time in our school the lad who sits beside me falls asleep in every class :rolleyes: What play and novel are you doing for English? I'm just curious

Advertisement