Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gibsoneve

Aoife78 wrote: »
    Ah thats cute :D I'm starting next week hopefully have all my stuff. The teacher says it should be done by Christmas! Glad I don't have to do it so :D Religion is doss time in our school the lad who sits beside me falls asleep in every class :rolleyes: What play and novel are you doing for English? I'm just curious

Mine has to be done for mid term :L panicking! Yeah that was the same in my brothers school it was basically just a free class! You're so lucky you're in a mixed school too, I'd love that :( I did Romeo and Juliet and To Kill A Mockingbird, you ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Aoife78

gibsoneve wrote: »
    Mine has to be done for mid term :L panicking! Yeah that was the same in my brothers school it was basically just a free class! You're so lucky you're in a mixed school too, I'd love that :( I did Romeo and Juliet and To Kill A Mockingbird, you ?:)

Wow midterm? Id be panicking too :eek: I'd hate to be in a girls school tbh, its nice to have boy and girl friends! Merchant of Venice and Roll of Thunder hear my cry. I love MOV the story really good but ROTHMC was boring as heck and too easy for an honours class imo, would have loved to do To kill a mocking bird always wanted to read that book :)

Wow midterm? Id be panicking too :eek: I'd hate to be in a girls school tbh, its nice to have boy and girl friends! Merchant of Venice and Roll of Thunder hear my cry. I love MOV the story really good but ROTHMC was boring as heck and too easy for an honours class imo, would have loved to do To kill a mocking bird always wanted to read that book :)

Yeah freaking out :L Yeah we're like up the road from a boys school though so it's grand :) I loved TKAMB but I thought Rom and Jules was plain stupid
    :L I spent the half year fighting with my English teacher over how far fetched it was! Silly silly Shakespeare! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Apparently I'm really good at it and my teacher said I should think about it for a career choice but I actually really don't like it :L like it was my highest mark at summer but like I just really don't enjoy the subject :L

Oh we had to pick our subjects before we started first year so Mother Dearest said it would 'stand to me' ;)

Ah I see! :L I love it and it's my best subject easily! Got 92 in my summer exam :D
    Heey Eva :) I noticed we are both doing home ec, have you started your project yet? I've decided to d a Nyancat cross stitch :3 Btw is everyone doing Religion here as an exam subject? In my school we don't because they want Religion as a 'relaxing time to talk to God' :rolleyes:

Ah, we just watch DVDs in religion! It's so stupid! :rolleyes:
    Ah thats cute :D I'm starting next week hopefully have all my stuff. The teacher says it should be done by Christmas! Glad I don't have to do it so :D Religion is doss time in our school the lad who sits beside me falls asleep in every class :rolleyes: What play and novel are you doing for English? I'm just curious

We're did Goodnight Mister Tom in first year and Sive and Catcher in the Rye in second year! This year though we're doing Romeo and Juliet as well as the Help! :) So we've a good bit of variety!

Have ye done your religion project yet? :L

I read TKAMB! It's actually really good :D Ya, ROTHMC is being done by the Ordinary class in my school right now! How many Ordinary/Honours/Foundation Classes do ye have in your years? :)

Bazinga_N wrote: »

I read TKAMB! It's actually really good :D Ya, ROTHMC is being done by the Ordinary class in my school right now! How many Ordinary/Honours/Foundation Classes do ye have in your years? :)

I don't think we do Foundation in our school, we're very academic :L

We're streamed into Stream 1-5 in English and Maths with one ordinary class in each (stream 5) :) and then there's just 1 OL Irish class :L

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of reading TKAMB by myself :) Ordinary in my school are doing The Field as their play and Goodnight Mr Tom as their novel :) Theres about 4 honours classes maths english irish, 2 pass in maths,english and 1 in irish and 1 foundation class in maths :D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Gonna butt in and say HI :D
    I have no life and Ive done my Junior Cert!
    Forever alone :')

I don't think we do Foundation in our school, we're very academic :L

We're streamed into Stream 1-5 in English and Maths with one ordinary class in each (stream 5) :) and then there's just 1 OL Irish class :L

I'm thinking of reading TKAMB by myself :) Ordinary in my school are doing The Field as their play and Goodnight Mr Tom as their novel :) Theres about 4 honours classes maths english irish, 2 pass in maths,english and 1 in irish and 1 foundation class in maths :D

We have three Honours Classes in Enlgish and Irish! 2 Honours Classes in Maths and 2 Ordinary Irish and English classes! And we have like one Foundation/Ordinary Maths class for people who aren't as good in maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

I missed a lot!

Omg Aoife you have to show us a picture of your nyan cat stitch when it's done :')

Hey IrishLoriii! :) Haha how did you get on?

We've done TKAMB and the Merchant of Venice :)

We're doing our project in Religion before Christmas, so that we've time to revise everything before the mocks :)

I missed a lot!

Omg Aoife you have to show us a picture of your nyan cat stitch when it's done :')

We're doing our project in Religion before Christmas, so that we've time to revise everything before the mocks :)
    We did ours in second year seeing they send out the titles for the next two years every year :) Did mine on 'Muhammad' :)

• Advertisement

We did ours in second year seeing they send out the titles for the next two years every year :) Did mine on 'Muhammad' :)

That's a good plan -.- Our teacher never told us that!
    I love projects! :') I can't wait until the LC when I can do a History project... it's a bit far away but I don't care :')

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

Sorry to butt in but have your science projects been released yet? :p Just wanna see what they're throwing at ye this year :P

Layzerman wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in but have your science projects been released yet? :p Just wanna see what they're throwing at ye this year :P

Haha no problem :p
    Not to my knowledge, but then again knowing my teacher we will be the last to know what the projects are. -.-

Haha no problem :p
    Not to my knowledge, but then again knowing my teacher we will be the last to know what the projects are. -.-

Ah I see :p

I'd say ye'll be starting them fairly soon anyway. They were awful tedious, with my teacher anyway :rolleyes:

I'd say ye'll be starting them fairly soon anyway. They were awful tedious, with my teacher anyway :rolleyes:

What ones did ye get?
    :P Everything with our teacher is tedious!

That's a good plan -.- Our teacher never told us that!
    I love projects! :') I can't wait until the LC when I can do a History project... it's a bit far away but I don't care :')

I'm the same :D Don't think I'll be doing History though :O

No not yet! :P

I'll be ok! My teacher's so good! She's so organised and can control any class! :P

I'll be ok! My teacher's so good! She's so organised and can control any class! :P

Mine was the same, just she took FOREVER to do it, perfectionist much :rolleyes:

What do you think you might do after Junior Cert?
    You're lucky, mine is the EXACT opposite!

Mine was the same, just she took FOREVER to do it, perfectionist much :rolleyes:

:O I hope mine won't be like that :L
    What do you think you might do after Junior Cert?
    You're lucky, mine is the EXACT opposite!

Oh! I have a few teachers like that :P

I've narrowed it done to a number of subjects :P
    1. Maths
    2. English
    3. Irish
    4. French
    5. Chemistry
    6. Biology/Business
    7. Physics/Business

Haven't decided about either the physics/biology or business yet! :P Might do business by myself cause I heard it's not necessary to have a teacher at any point! I'd love to do applied maths as well but I haven't made any decisions yet! And this seems like a lot! :P

How about you? :rolleyes:

1. Maths
    2. English
    3. Irish
    4. French
    5. Chemistry
    6. Biology/Business
    7. Physics/Business

Haven't decided about either the physics/biology or business yet! :P Might do business by myself cause I heard it's not necessary to have a teacher at any point! I'd love to do applied maths as well but I haven't made any decisions yet! And this seems like a lot! :P

It does! :p Physics is quite the challenge!

Well:
    Maths, English, Irish
    I think Business has to go with French in our school (bit of a bummer for me)
    History, and Geography/ Art?

• Advertisement

It does! :p Physics is quite the challenge!

Well:
    Maths, English, Irish
    I think Business has to go with French in our school (bit of a bummer for me)
    History, and Geography/ Art?
    Ah I reckon I'll be able for 9 honours ;D :cool:

I don't mind Physics! :') I actually think it's really interesting! There's two physics teachers in my school and both are actually really good! Weirdly enough all the science teachers are pretty good in my school! Except the agricultural science teacher -.- He's a bit of an old creep :P

Is that not only 6? Do ye not do 7? :) Ah ya, and you'd have to keep French for uni! :( That's bad enough form!

Ah I reckon I'll be able for 9 honours ;D :cool:

I don't mind Physics! :') I actually think it's really interesting! There's two physics teachers in my school and both are actually really good! Weirdly enough all the science teachers are pretty good in my school! Except the agricultural science teacher -.- He's a bit of an old creep :P

Is that not only 6? Do ye not do 7? :) Ah ya, and you'd have to keep French for uni! :( That's bad enough form!

Bahaha we've a few of those for woodwork :')

Well if I do Maths, English, Irish, French, Business, History and Geography or Art I'll have seven :) It all depends how I do in those two last ones I suppose :) I know :( If I had the choice I'd probably do history,art and geography as my three optionals! Economics shouldn't be that bad though :)

I missed a lot!

1. Maths
    2. English
    3. Irish
    4. French
    5. Chemistry
    6. Biology/Business
    7. Physics/Business

Ill make sure I do :') I'mdoing TY next year hopefully but if I dont get a place I'm doing

Maths
    English
    Irish
    German
    Biology
    Social and Scientific
    History

Ill make sure I do :') I'mdoing TY next year hopefully but if I dont get a place I'm doing

Maths
    English
    Irish
    German
    Biology
    Social and Scientific
    History

Yay :')
    Is everyone doing TY except for me possibly? :0
    Social and Scientific sounds fun! :D We have SPHE here but it's a non-exam.

Bahaha we've a few of those for woodwork :')

Well if I do Maths, English, Irish, French, Business, History and Geography or Art I'll have seven :) It all depends how I do in those two last ones I suppose :) I know :( If I had the choice I'd probably do history,art and geography as my three optionals! Economics shouldn't be that bad though :)

We've an New Woodwork teacher this year! He's so cool! He's my best friend! :L You could do Economics after school! Heard it's supposed to be good for a self-study subject :D

Maths
    English
    Irish
    German
    Biology
    Social and Scientific
    History

Is Social and Scientific LC Home-Ec? :)

SPHE isn't an exam anywhere I don't think :confused:

We've an New Woodwork teacher this year! He's so cool! He's my best friend! :L You could do Economics after school! Heard it's supposed to be good for a self-study subject :D

Awh :')
    I wish I had a best friend teacher haha! :L
    Yeah my mum said it's pretty easy and nice too :)
    Haha I was thinking that; maybe it's Social Science? SS is so interesting!

Yeah can't wait to do it after TY ;) Does anyone know what they are doing after school like college wise yet?

Yep pretty much the same as JC actully with a bit more detail :cool:

• Advertisement

Awh :')
    I wish I had a best friend teacher haha! :L
    Yeah my mum said it's pretty easy and nice too :)
    Haha I was thinking that; maybe it's Social Science? SS is so interesting!
    He's actually so cool! :D

Ya, my friend's in 5th Year (skipped TY) and does LC Home-Ec and it's like Home-Economics Social & Scientific on her book cover! :confused:

Is sociology and social science similar? :)

Advertisement