Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Aoife78 wrote: »
    Yeah can't wait to do it after TY ;) Does anyone know what they are doing after school like college wise yet?
    Medicine :D You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Yeah can't wait to do it after TY ;) Does anyone know what they are doing after school like college wise yet?

I'm still contemplating my options :L I have a broad idea of what I like, nothing specific yet though? :p How about yourself?

Yep pretty much the same as JC actully with a bit more detail :cool:
    Oh Cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Aoife78

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Medicine :D You?
    I'm still contemplating my options :L I have a broad idea of what I like, nothing specific yet though? :p How about yourself?

Probably Psychology or Criminology :)

Probably Psychology or Criminology :)
    I'd love to do Criminology! :) It looks so interesting :D

• Advertisement

He's actually so cool! :D

Ya, my friend's in 5th Year (skipped TY) and does LC Home-Ec and it's like Home-Economics Social & Scientific on her book cover! :confused:

Is sociology and social science similar? :)

Well sociology is like one branch of a broad field, where as social science is the general large study :)
    One of my friends is quite interested in Psychology too! :D there's a great demand for it these days!

Well sociology is like one branch of a broad field, where as social science is the general large study :)
    One of my friends is quite interested in Psychology too! :D there's a great demand for it these days!

Yeah I'm really interested in people with mental illness and criminals who have mental illnesses that made them commit their crime,I'd love to be a forensic psychologist :D

Oh Yes, I get what you mean now! Over in the US, students take Social Studies in school and they learn about History, Geography, Law and what not in that subject :)

More demand for psychology :O That can't be good :P

Yeah I'm really interested in people with mental illness and criminals who have mental illnesses that made them commit their crime,I'd love to be a forensic psychologist :D

That is really interesting, I don't think I could study it though, I get creeped out really easily! :L
    Bazinga_N: Exactly! :) That's what I was thinking haha! ;D

That is really interesting, I don't think I could study it though, I get creeped out really easily! :L
    Bazinga_N: Exactly! :) That's what I was thinking haha! ;D
    I love weird stuff! Like, watching surgery's and stuff :D

Exactly :L Loads of mental people running around :O

• Advertisement

I love weird stuff! Like, watching surgery's and stuff :D

Exactly :L Loads of mental people running around :O

Sometimes when I'm bored I dissect salmon and do knee surgery online, but I hate watching the real thing..... :D

O.O ARGH! I watched one CSI with this mental person it in... THE EMOTIONAL SCARS. WILL NEVER. BE REMOVED.

Sometimes when I'm bored I dissect salmon and do knee surgery online, but I hate watching the real thing..... :D

O.O ARGH! I watched one CSI with this mental person it in... THE EMOTIONAL SCARS. WILL NEVER. BE REMOVED.

That's weird :L

CSI? Ah sure that's nothing :P

That's weird :L

CSI? Ah sure that's nothing :P

Awh thanks! :p A friend of mine got me hooked on it though! :) (See what I did there ;D)

I'm scared of Hocus Pocus (in other words, I am the ultimate scaredy cat) :p

Awh thanks! :p A friend of mine got me hooked on it though! :) (See what I did there ;D)

I'm scared of Hocus Pocus (in other words, I am the ultimate scaredy cat) :p
    Ah the puns :rolleyes:

So what did you do for the day? :)

Ah the puns :rolleyes:

So what did you do for the day? :)

:rolleyes:

Not much to be honest, studying mostly :P I was in a lazy mood this weekend! How about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gibsoneve

Not much to be honest, studying mostly :P I was in a lazy mood this weekend! How about yourself?

Goodevening :) hope everyone had a good day :) I went to town and McDonalds for lunch ;) oh and for the girls, I got 3 really pretty rings in TopShop ;)

On regard of college, I'm hoping to do BioMed :)

gibsoneve wrote: »

Goodevening :) hope everyone had a good day :) I went to town and McDonalds for lunch ;) oh and for the girls, I got 3 really pretty rings in TopShop ;)

Spent the day I'n bed haha :D but I was with my best friend all day yesterday and I was wrecked :)

Spent the day I'n bed haha :D but I was with my best friend all day yesterday and I was wrecked :)

Good evening! :)
    Ye all had exciting weekends apart from me haha :L
    Eva, I love topshop! :') Got a skirt on sale for a tenner there awhile ago :)
    Have ye any ideas where ye want to go to college?

I was the same! Have to work on my Young Scientist proposal though! :)

Oh cool :D

I've been at home practically all this weekend! For some reason all my friends decided to be lazy asses this weekend and lounge around :P

Ah topshop love it but can't beat penneys ;) I'd love to go ucd or ul depending on the course I do what about everyone else :D

• Advertisement

I'd love to go to the UK! :) Not sure why tbh! Oxford's the dream :D

Ye?

Ah topshop love it but can't beat penneys ;) I'd love to go ucd or ul depending on the course I do what about everyone else :D

Haha of course not ;) Some of the courses in UCD really tickle my fancy :D
    Galway has such a great atmosphere though, I'm sure I'd have the best craic there! Trinity is the dream of course but it depends on what I choose to do really :)

I'd love to go to the UK! :) Not sure why tbh! Oxford's the dream :D

Ye?

I used to be in love with the idea of Cambridge but for some reason I want to stay here... I think it's the warmness of everybody and the bant of course ;)
    I went to Paris over the summer... the colleges over there are stunning! Seriously though, unless you get a scholarship it costs a truckload!

Haha of course not ;) Some of the courses in UCD really tickle my fancy :D
    Galway has such a great atmosphere though, I'm sure I'd have the best craic there! Trinity is the dream of course but it depends on what I choose to do really :)
    My Aunt studied Law in Galway! She says she loved the college! She went on to do a graduate in law in NYU then :D

My Aunt studied Law in Galway! She says she loved the college! She went on to do a graduate in law in NYU then :D

Yeah everyone always loves Galway no matter what course they do! :D
    A lot of my family are from there so I know it well and love it! :D
    It'd be easy for me to commute back and forth from home too! :)

Sounds like a good option so :D And they seem to have pretty good courses too :D

I live like 5 minutes from UCC and my brothers starting there tomorrow so I'll probably end up there :L

Sounds like a good option so :D And they seem to have pretty good courses too :D

It does :)
    Whoa I can't believe we're talking about this already! We've still got the JC and then 2 more years left ;D A lot could change!

I live like 5 minutes from UCC and my brothers starting there tomorrow so I'll probably end up there :L

Cork is a great city too!
    UCC Law Society are doing an essay competition now actually! Think I might give it a go sure :L

• Advertisement

Cork is a great city too!
    UCC Law Society are doing an essay competition now actually! Think I might give it a go sure :L

I love Cork but Trinity is the dream :) oh yeah I know it's ages away but it's good to have direction :)

Advertisement