Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

It does :)
    Whoa I can't believe we're talking about this already! We've still got the JC and then 2 more years left ;D A lot could change!

I've three :P
    gibsoneve wrote: »
    I live like 5 minutes from UCC and my brothers starting there tomorrow so I'll probably end up there :L

:O You from Cork? I live in Mallow :D
    Cork is a great city too!
    UCC Law Society are doing an essay competition now actually! Think I might give it a go sure :L

Oh really what's it for? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I've three :P

Oh really what's it for? :)

Oh yeah sorry :p
    There are several different topic titles (For example: Gay Marriage, the next step) and you have to write your view in 1000 words or over :) There's a few interesting titles I'd like to get my teeth into!

I love Cork but Trinity is the dream :) oh yeah I know it's ages away but it's good to have direction :)

True :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gibsoneve

Yeah I live just outside the city :)

Oh yeah sorry :p
    There are several different topic titles (For example: Gay Marriage, the next step) and you have to write your view in 1000 words or over :) There's a few interesting titles I'd like to get my teeth into!

Oh cool! :D Is there a link? :)
    Yeah I live just outside the city :)

OH! This is the first time I've ever met someone from boards near me :D

• Advertisement

Oh cool! :D Is there a link? :)

OH! This is the first time I've ever met someone from boards near me :D

Well my English teacher told me about it so I don't really know! :)
    I'm sure if you look up 'UCC Law Society Essay Competition' you'll find it though! :)

I'm sure if you look up 'UCC Law Society Essay Competition' you'll find it though! :)
    Oh cool, sounds interesting but I don't know if it's something I'd be into :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 gibsoneve

Yeah the essay competition runs every year :)

http://www.ucc.ie/en/lawsite/StudyLaw/2ndLevel/

It says post-Junior Certificate?

Thats weird! :O

• Advertisement

Does it say that you have to be of a specific age?

Does it say that you have to be of a specific age?
    Not that I can see!

Not that I can see!

I'll have to check it out with my teacher! She is usually quite clued in so I'm surprised. :)

I'll have to check it out with my teacher! She is usually quite clued in so I'm surprised. :)
    There's an email at the top of the page so maybe you could inquire :)

There's an email at the top of the page so maybe you could inquire :)

Good idea! I'll be really disappointed if I can't enter because I was looking forward to writing about one of the topics :(

Good idea! I'll be really disappointed if I can't enter because I was looking forward to writing about one of the topics :(
    Which one? The Gay Marriage one looks pretty good! If I was going in I'd go for that one, because really there's no actual downside to gay marriage and you can hit back any argument of it! :D

Which one? The Gay Marriage one looks pretty good! If I was going in I'd go for that one, because really there's no actual downside to gay marriage and you can hit back any argument of it! :D

Yeah :D Either Gay Marriage, sentencing guidelines for criminals or the State and not the Family are the ultimate guardians of children all look good :D

Yeah :D Either Gay Marriage, sentencing guidelines for criminals or the State and not the Family are the ultimate guardians of children all look good :D
    True! The 1,000 words part might be difficult though! I'd be afraid that I'd get like 999 words and have writers block :P

True! The 1,000 words part might be difficult though! I'd be afraid that I'd get like 999 words and have writers block :P

Hahaha :P I'm sure they wouldn't be that harsh though! :)

Hahaha :P I'm sure they wouldn't be that harsh though! :)
    Wouldn't take any chances :L I actually love writing :)

• Advertisement

Wouldn't take any chances :L I actually love writing :)

Yeah it's the bomb! :) There isn't really anything else like it! :')
    I would love to do a literature course in college; I don't think studying writing styles is really part of the LC course, is it?
    I get all excited when we do creative writing in class :')

Yeah it's the bomb! :) There isn't really anything else like it! :')
    I would love to do a literature course in college; I don't think studying writing styles is really part of the LC course, is it?
    I get all excited when we do creative writing in class :')
    I doing Personal Writing Questions! I could do it all day :')

I actually have a LC English Less Stress More Success (was bought thinking it was a JC one and my mam threw away the receipt :rolleyes: ) and Writing styles is actually in it :D

I wrote a short story last year! I put it up here and got good reviews! :) Here's the post!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79119050&postcount=1

I doing Personal Writing Questions! I could do it all day :')

I actually have a LC English Less Stress More Success (was bought thinking it was a JC one and my mam threw away the receipt :rolleyes: ) and Writing styles is actually in it :D

I wrote a short story last year! I put it up here and got good reviews! :) Here's the post!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79119050&postcount=1

Awh lucky! :D :P
    It's good! It's really easy to relate too, because I know kids who have to go through this :(

Awh lucky! :D :P
    It's good! It's really easy to relate too, because I know kids who have to go through this :(
    Why thank you! :D

Ya, my best friend went through something like this, so I was sort of inspired!

Why thank you! :D

Ya, my best friend went through something like this, so I was sort of inspired!

You are welcome! :D
    Yeah, it's a touchy topic because a lot of adults are usually shocked to see how kids act towards kids who are 'different'at school, just because :(
    Some people though can be really nasty, I know from personal experience!
    If you don't blend in with the 'normal' people they'll be sure to point it out to you and everyone else!

You are welcome! :D
    Yeah, it's a touchy topic because a lot of adults are usually shocked to see how kids act towards kids who are 'different'at school, just because :(
    Some people though can be really nasty, I know from personal experience!
    If you don't blend in with the 'normal' people they'll be sure to point it out to you and everyone else!
    Exactly!! It's true! You need to fit in, or else you're a freak, but unfortunately it's not just in school this happens :/ It's in the everyday world.. People with special needs, LGBT people even coloured people are still in 2012, looked down upon in society. It's totally wrong.

Exactly!! It's true! You need to fit in, or else you're a freak, but unfortunately it's not just in school this happens :/ It's in the everyday world.. People with special needs, LGBT people even coloured people are still in 2012, looked down upon in society. It's totally wrong.

Agreed! Hopefully someday everyone will be equal, but it'll be hard to stamp out prejudice; I'd say it will take another few generations -.-

Agreed! Hopefully someday everyone will be equal, but it'll be hard to stamp out prejudice; I'd say it will take another few generations -.-
    Won't be our generation anyways... :rolleyes:

Won't be our generation anyways... :rolleyes:

True haha :rolleyes:
    Ugh, I'd better go, I've some Banking terms to go over before tomorrow! :eek:
    I'll probably be on tomorrow, talk soon! :)

• Advertisement

True haha :rolleyes:
    Ugh, I'd better go, I've some Banking terms to go over before tomorrow! :eek:
    I'll probably be on tomorrow, talk soon! :)
    Haha Have Fun :P Talk to you later :D

Advertisement