Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

I'm going to do
    Follower
    Digging
    Lake isle of in is free
    Dulce et decorum est
    Personal Helicon
    The wild swans at coole
    Should that cover it but I'm mainly studying dulce et decorum est

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

I'm going to do
    Follower
    Digging
    Lake isle of in is free
    Dulce et decorum est
    Personal Helicon
    The wild swans at coole
    Should that cover it but I'm mainly studying dulce et decorum est

haha im just going to do digging,midterm break and bloody men tomorrow and that should cover me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

haha im just going to do digging,midterm break and bloody men tomorrow and that should cover me :D

I'm actually more worried about getting a ticket for the end of it disco haha I've sort of given up on study now :L

I'm actually more worried about getting a ticket for the end of it disco haha I've sort of given up on study now :L

yea i didnt study all this week we were given off but i stuudied b4 hand so i hope im covered stupid english essays always get b's in those stupid things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I wrote my essay in paper and timed my self. It's 5 pages and it took me 37mins. Anyone have any tips for handwriting and speed???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

I wrote my essay in paper and timed my self. It's 5 pages and it took me 37mins. Anyone have any tips for handwriting and speed???

WOW. THATS FAST O.O my hand gets tired after the first page xD nevermind 5 o.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

dont lean on the paper too hard or hold your pen too tight or else you lose your energy after a minute or so. presentation doesnt matter so write freely, it doesnt have to be so pretty and neat. i usually just seat back in my seat and write. you shouldnt write fast because you make mistakes more easily. take your time as you have 1 hour to write an essay

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I've got a good covering of Dulce et Decorum Est and felt I'd be able to do answers from 2012-2008 well on it. I'm mainly covering that but I'm gonna do Lake Isle of Inisfree as a back-up poem.

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    dont lean on the paper too hard or hold your pen too tight or else you lose your energy after a minute or so. presentation doesnt matter so write freely, it doesnt have to be so pretty and neat. i usually just seat back in my seat and write. you shouldnt write fast because you make mistakes more easily. take your time as you have 1 hour to write an essay
    That's what I do, but I find my hand muscles tensing alot when I write too fast, and i'm always panicing that i'm going to run out of time (THAT'S WHY I NEVER RAN OUT OF TIME IN ANY TEST). I need to feel more calm .. I just can't do it :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Anyone know the difference between text and copy?(media studies)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

That's what I do, but I find my hand muscles tensing alot when I write too fast, and i'm always panicing that i'm going to run out of time (THAT'S WHY I NEVER RAN OUT OF TIME IN ANY TEST). I need to feel more calm .. I just can't do it :(.

Buy Less Stress or Rescue Remedy! Seriously they work so well for me anyway!:P

Val97 wrote: »
    Buy Less Stress or Rescue Remedy! Seriously they work so well for me anyway!:P
    Online? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

More stress less success

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

Online? :eek:

The chemist :P I find them good to keep me calm in exams

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

are you allowed eat during exams ? ? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

examstress wrote: »

Haha, that would be great! I doubted though :)

Haha, that would be great! I doubted though :)

you actually are :P but teachers say not to do it cause it disturbs other candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

you actually are :P but teachers say not to do it cause it disturbs other candidates

sweets ? gums

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

examstress wrote: »

Hah well I doubt if you bring a picnic with you you'd be allowed. Also if you bring a pack of mints or sweets in your pocket it could make noise and be a disturbance. Also if you were chewing it. I'm not actually sure of the rules surrounding it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

and make sure u drink lots of fizzy drinks xD

• Advertisement

You're allowed to bring small sweets, gum isn't allowed because of the chewing noise. ;)

You're allowed to bring small sweets, gum isn't allowed because of the chewing noise. ;)

one of my friends tell me that i sound like a cow sucking sweets and it irritates them :P why eat inside just eat at the break and avoid hassle

one of my friends tell me that i sound like a cow sucking sweets and it irritates them :P why eat inside just eat at the break and avoid hassle
    I'm going to buy a packet of jellies and shove them all in my mouth, I will slowly dissolve them as I write;););). People who did the Junior last year told me they shoved like a half a packet of jellies at the start ... :eek::eek::eek:

this may sound absurd but i felt like sharing this: sweets and chocolate are bad for you and can kill you as they can kill animals e.g. dogs. that is only eating too much. i believe you shouldn't really eat anything that contains a lot of sugar because it kills your brain cells and may result in losing information you've learnt for the exam :p i also believe that that is why children are quite.. silly. note that i said "i believe" i never eat chocolate or sweets before exams and i think because of that, there has been an improvement in my grades :o

this may sound absurd but i felt like sharing this: sweets and chocolate are bad for you and can kill you as they can kill animals e.g. dogs. that is only eating too much. i believe you shouldn't really eat anything that contains a lot of sugar because it kills your brain cells and may result in losing information you've learnt for the exam :p i also believe that that is why children are quite.. silly. note that i said "i believe" i never eat chocolate or sweets before exams and i think because of that, there has been an improvement in my grades :o
    Your statement is false. I drank like 3-4 cups of tea today, with about 5 tea spoons of suger each cup. I do this every day and have been for the past month or so. I've just memoried 1111 words in a special pattern which is called a story. How can you explain this? Note, my name begins with the letter A ;). :D:D

Your statement is false. I drank like 3-4 cups of tea today, with about 5 tea spoons of suger each cup. I do this every day and have been for the past month or so. I've just memoried 1111 words in a special pattern which is called a story. How can you explain this? Note, my name begins with the letter A ;). :D:D
    just my opinion ok :( i want your brain, mind giving it to me? also cute name

just my opinion ok :( i want your brain, mind giving it to me? also cute name
    Oh ahaha. I was only messing around :p. It's interesting to see how different people cope with different techniques. I just drink a lot of tea with suger because I need the energy XD. I would give you my brain after the English Exam .. 8pm on boards? On Wed obviously xD and thanks :D:pac::pac:

Oh ahaha. I was only messing around :p. It's interesting to see how different people cope with different techniques. I just drink a lot of tea with suger because I need the energy XD. I would give you my brain after the English Exam .. 8pm on boards? On Wed obviously xD and thanks :D:pac::pac:

ok exchanging brains coz not enough space in my head for two. wont be here :p and same i drink like 3 cups of tea with about 5 heaped teaspoons of sugar. i cant drink coffee. ew

ok exchanging brains coz not enough space in my head for two. wont be here :p and same i drink like 3 cups of tea with about 5 heaped teaspoons of sugar. i cant drink coffee. ew
    Sure, exchange brains. I'll train your brain to be a better brain than mine, then we can swap back. When can we swtich then? :eek::pac: *highfive* tea is da best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I stay away from tea, the taste in my mouth makes me lose concentration, and the sugar mucks up my brain.

Advertisement