Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Sure, exchange brains. I'll train your brain to be a better brain than mine, then we can swap back. When can we swtich then? :eek::pac: *highfive* tea is da best!

now :D
    Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I stay away from tea, the taste in my mouth makes me lose concentration, and the sugar mucks up my brain.

i must think of a way to force you drink tea :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    now :D

But I need my brain for English xD the most important subject in my opinion:pac:. Here, i'll split it in half *gets a hammer and wacks head* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

But I need my brain for English xD the most important subject in my opinion:pac:. Here, i'll split it in half *gets a hammer and wacks head* :rolleyes:

How is English the most important?

im sad now. going to cry to sleep. why is it important to you? :o from all the english notes you posted here are of a high standard, it's like as if you're a teacher :o i want 3/4 of your brain!

How is English the most important?
    Because I think it's the most useful outside school (barr maths). :p Especially for your CV too, if you can write good and catch the person's attention, your bound to have a higher chance of getting the job.

• Advertisement

Because I think it's the most useful outside school (barr maths). :p Especially for your CV too, if you can write good and catch the person's attention, your bound to have a higher chance of getting the job.

Well, as long as you aren't under the illusion that paper 2 should actually be included... Because it shouldn't. The stuff SHOULD be studied, but not tested on, imo.

im sad now. going to cry to sleep. why is it important to you? :o from all the english notes you posted here are of a high standard, it's like as if you're a teacher :o i want 3/4 of your brain!
    Bloody damn good English teacher = Bloody damn good english student ;).

Second thought, you can have all of my brain. I'm going to pray to God so he'll give the answers on the day ;).

Bloody damn good English teacher = Bloody damn good english student ;).

Second thought, you can have all of my brain. I'm going to pray to God so he'll give the answers on the day ;).

ugh my english is horrible. she panics alot and has favourites in the class :L lol im worshiping two gods of two different religions. is that bad? D: because i feel really unlucky now

ugh my english is horrible. she panics alot and has favourites in the class :L lol im worshiping two gods of two different religions. is that bad? D: because i feel really unlucky now

Two heads are better than one... might as well apply to Gods, right?

You're a polyaistic :p, that's not bad. I have loads of bad teachers, I know how you feel with that. If you want last minute help with English, just ask :pac:.

• Advertisement

You're a polyaistic :p, that's not bad. I have loads of bad teachers, I know how you feel with that. If you want last minute help with English, just ask :pac:.

it's fine, i dont think you do the same stuff in english as i do besides some poems. and im not aiming for an A in english so yeah. thanks anyways for the offer. dafuq i dont even know what polyaistic means! it is like you know more about me than i know myself :v

it's fine, i dont think you do the same stuff in english as i do besides some poems. and im not aiming for an A in english so yeah. thanks anyways for the offer. dafuq i dont even know what polyaistic means! it is like you know more about me than i know myself :v
    Polyaistic means you believe in more than one God XD. You learn that in religion :rolleyes:. You sure you don't need any help or exam techniques? I found them very useful when I got told about them. :)

Polyaistic means you believe in more than one God XD. You learn that in religion :rolleyes:. You sure you don't need any help or exam techniques? I found them very useful when I got told about them. :)

Polyaistic? It's Polytheist, no?

lol i am so going to fail religion. well if you dont mind, im not really going anywhere or doing anything exciting atm

Polyaistic? It's Polytheist, no?
    Yea, it's Polytheist xD. My bad, i'm not the best at spelling :o.

Yea, it's Polytheist xD. My bad, i'm not the best at spelling :o.

such a pity since that can affect your mechanics :v

lol i am so going to fail religion. well if you dont mind, im not really going anywhere or doing anything exciting atm
    For reading comperhension and all the unseen stuff, read the questions first, and UNDERLINE keywords. Then, quickly scan through the passage and underline anything that you think is revelent to the question, even if you think you are wrong, write it down! Especially if it's an opinion question, I messed up on a reading comperhension question once (The Darwin one, q2) and I got full marks because it was opinion so there was no right or wrong answer.

For every 5 marks, write one paragraph. Also, I reconmmend doing the personal writing first at the start of paper one because it's worth 70marks, but don't spend too long on it, 45mins max! :)

For reading comperhension and all the unseen stuff, read the questions first, and UNDERLINE keywords. Then, quickly scan through the passage and underline anything that you think is revelent to the question, even if you think you are wrong, write it down! Especially if it's an opinion question, I messed up on a reading comperhension question once (The Darwin one, q2) and I got full marks because it was opinion so there was no right or wrong answer.

For every 5 marks, write one paragraph. Also, I reconmmend doing the personal writing first at the start of paper one because it's worth 70marks, but don't spend too long on it, 45mins max! :)

I do perfect, full mark receiving religion essays in 20 minutes... so easy.

I do perfect, full mark receiving religion essays in 20 minutes... so easy.
    I was talking about english :rolleyes: I got like 58/70 for the religion essay part .. any tips? :)

Ooo thanks :D im actually worried about the essay. on the boards, most people have learnt off some essays, my brother did too and i didnt.. im very imaginative and creative, will that help my essay? im scared that i wont be able to think of a topic to write.. and im going to take your advice on starting personal writing first. :p i loved that darwin question! i wrote loads in my answer for that, i hope a question like that will come up :o

• Advertisement

I was talking about english :rolleyes: I got like 58/70 for the religion essay part .. any tips? :)

I don't like giving tips, I feel like if you follow it and don't do well, I can be held responsible. All I'll say is, I always do Islam.

Ooo thanks :D im actually worried about the essay. on the boards, most people have learnt off some essays, my brother did too and i didnt.. im very imaginative and creative, will that help my essay? im scared that i wont be able to think of a topic to write.. and im going to take your advice on starting personal writing first. :p i loved that darwin question! i wrote loads in my answer for that, i hope a question like that will come up :o
    Making the essay on the spot also works, but I suggest learning some phrases. I know people who didn't learn an essay and they came out with Bs and As for English :). I hated that Darwin comperhension, if it comes up, I might aswell skip the entire section.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

I can't believe that tomorrow we'll be doing the JC since it's after 00am ; D I'm so stressed but I want to get it over with. The only subject I'm afraid I'll get a B on is french. I think I'm okay on the others ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I don't like giving tips, I feel like if you follow it and don't do well, I can be held responsible. All I'll say is, I always do Islam.
    I literally feel like I know more about Islam than I do about Christianity because of those essays! :rolleyes:

I did good on my essay in the pre's too! It's all about just stating the facts and throwing waffle around them tbh.

I really like the essay part of the religion exam. There's so much to write depending on the question. And there is also a variety of questions to pick!

To be honest, I feel sorry for those who do honours irish and french. They seem to be difficult :v

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I really like the essay part of the religion exam. There's so much to write depending on the question. And there is also a variety of questions to pick!

To be honest, I feel sorry for those who do honours irish and french. They seem to be difficult :v
    I like the religion exam apart from Section 4. I think it's just way too demanding for an exam like that and awfully mundane to do.

I honestly don't see why people find Irish that hard - puzzles me. French is a bit tough alright, especially the writing :eek:

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I like the religion exam apart from Section 4. I think it's just way too demanding for an exam like that and awfully mundane to do.

I honestly don't see why people find Irish that hard - puzzles me. French is a bit tough alright, especially the writing :eek:

Irish is mad hard for me... makes no sense at all.

Bazinga_N wrote: »

Section 4 is so long @.@ but I kinda like it :D there's choice. That's why I like the religion exam :p

I'm off :). Night everyone! and try not cry when you wake up ;).

• Advertisement

I'm off :). Night everyone! and try not cry when you wake up ;).

I'm too manly for crying, I'll just throw up... :P Night.

Advertisement