Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

going to wear a necklace with jesus on the cross charm on it. and i might wear a jade bracelet, it's considered to bring luck. havent worn it for years, might as well start wearing it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

you know, in the english jc p1, personal writing section, sometimes you have to write a composition f.e beginning with some lines, but what exactly is a composition, can you basically write a story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

you know, in the english jc p1, personal writing section, sometimes you have to write a composition f.e beginning with some lines, but what exactly is a composition, can you basically write a story?
    Yes, you can write whatever you want, as long as it contains the lines. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I think when it says 'composition' you have to write a short story.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

a composition is anything can be descriptive,narrative or personal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    going to wear a necklace with jesus on the cross charm on it. and i might wear a jade bracelet, it's considered to bring luck. havent worn it for years, might as well start wearing it tomorrow

xD I'm bringing in my lucky Beatles cup (to drink my water out of) and probably going to wear a "Mary" necklace and am going to pray to St. Gemma Galgani tonight ;). Got a "Good Luck" card from my friend and Granddad and Mam are lighting candles for me and saying prayers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

thanks guys :)

I saw my friends on facebook adding photos of their "good luck cards". I asked my mom why I didn't get one and she replied that she was considering getting me one but she knows I'll do great and I don't need good luck ;) it was so sweet of her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

The only good luck I got was a Facebook message from my cousin :/

Does everybody have their sweets planned from tomorrow? Mam bought me travel-sweets in Lidl today ;)

I got loads of good luck cards but there all for moving to dublin not anything to do with junior cert :P *sigh*

• Advertisement

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Does everybody have their sweets planned from tomorrow? Mam bought me travel-sweets in Lidl today ;)

i just went into tesco and bought mints :P

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I'll be damned if I distract myself with sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BradyShim

Hi im wondering for my short story on section 2 english paper 1 if i write a story that doesnt exactly match the title how many marks will i lose? here is the marking scheme: Content 20
    Structure 15
    Expression 30
    Mechanics 5

BradyShim wrote: »
    Hi im wondering for my short story on section 2 english paper 1 if i write a story that doesnt exactly match the title how many marks will i lose? here is the marking scheme: Content 20
    Structure 15
    Expression 30
    Mechanics 5

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I'll be damned if I distract myself with sweets.

I'll be thinking of you when I'm scoffing pear drops ;)

I'll be thinking of you when I'm scoffing pear drops ;)

I'll be thinking of you when I'm writing that little bit extra from time not spent throwing pear drops into my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BradyShim

I think mechanics is whether it matches the title or not! If so I wouldnt mind 65 marks outta 70! haha :p

I'll be thinking of you when I'm writing that little bit extra from time not spent throwing pear drops into my mouth.

Well we'll both be thinking of each other, that's nice ;)

Well we'll both be thinking of each other, that's nice ;)
    How romantic ;).

I think mechanics is whether it matches the title or not! If so I wouldnt mind 65 marks outta 70! haha :p
    Mechanics is the spelling. :pac:

• Advertisement

mechanics is actually spelling and structure and that. Content is if it matches the title or not

Mechanics is the spelling. :pac:

Wlee we hvae a porlebm hrer tehn

main-qimg-4a017694da90f91591f831f047878a67

Wlee we hvae a porlebm hrer tehn

main-qimg-4a017694da90f91591f831f047878a67
    Beatles <3

Beatles <3

I am slowly but surely trying to bring more Beatles into the Junior Cert forum, one post at a time :cool:

I am slowly but surely trying to bring more Beatles into the Junior Cert forum, one post at a time :cool:
    Maybe dedicate an entire thread? :rolleyes:

Maybe dedicate an entire thread? :rolleyes:

No that's too obvious, one reference at a time but it's going to take a long, long, long time (oh Christ I've already started) ;) Any other hard core Beatles fans here apart from me? :P

No that's too obvious, one reference at a time but it's going to take a long, long, long time (oh Christ I've already started) ;) Any other hard core Beatles fans here apart from me? :P

Never really listened to them, to be honest, so I don't like or dislike them. The Temptations are awesome, however.

Never really listened to them, to be honest, so I don't like or dislike them. The Temptations are awesome, however.

Motown fan eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Are you allowed chew gum during the exam?

• Advertisement

Stooped wrote: »
    Are you allowed chew gum during the exam?

Yep, so long as you aren't blowing bubbles/making noise

Advertisement