Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I woke up this morning and I'm strangely calm...I'll be on here again this evening to talk about the English and how I'm screwed for Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 juniors

decisions wrote: »
    Good Morning Junior Certs :D Today is the 5th June.

While all of you are panicking spare a thought for me and my fellow Leaving Certs this morning. Best of Luck and repeat after me: I Will Be Fine. Keep telling yourself this until you open paper 1, from there it's like any set of tests.

Right now is the worst part and it will be over very soon :)

Good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Paper One was granddddddddddddddddd :D Onto Paper Two now, it's looking good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Well everyone, how did you do? I'm not sure... I think it went okay but it had some weird questions. I found the comprehension kinda hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Both Papers were easy but I just wanted more time to write! :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I finished a half hour early on paper 2.

Both Papers were easy but I just wanted more time to write! :(:(

Same. I think my hand is dead.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »

>:O How is that even possible?!?!

:eek::eek: Lucky!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

For me comprehension was easy, debate I thought of it very confusing, and I would say I only got around 30 marks for it, review I did alright but waffled for most of it so again I would predict 20 marks for that, media, I am so pissed of right now you cannot believe it, I skipped the whole damn section :( due to running out of time, Now after p1 was finished I felt like crying and crying, but when I sat p2 I was so happy, it was the most easiest thing I had ever seen, I probs got around 90 marks for that again, better improvement then p2 but I missed 2 studied questions :(
    OH I really hope for a pass

• Advertisement

MomijiHime wrote: »
    >:O How is that even possible?!?!

Beats me, I had everything I wanted to get done, done, with all my info on the page. I only waffled for one question, and my hand didn't hurt afterwards. So, *shrug*

Beats me, I had everything I wanted to get done, done, with all my info on the page. I only waffled for one question, and my hand didn't hurt afterwards. So, *shrug*

You lucky thing!

MomijiHime wrote: »
    You lucky thing!

If I get a C because of it, I'd disagree. Whether or not I was done early doesn't dictate anything. I hope I get a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

God I think that was the easiest paper ever! :) I'm so happy I could cry, I was really nervous before hand. I think the hardest section was probably the studied poetry because the questions didn't really suit the poems I studied

Well, I am definately dropping to pass for LC
    Never liked English, Now my aims for the JC has increased because I am soo motivated now to do well,
    and to top it all off, when I arrived home my dad came running to me and, he tripped(you might find it funny, even I kind of smirked) but he came and gave me a big smile and hug straight after getting up asking how I did, and the guilt I had of saying I did bad :(:(:(:(
    So now I am wanting to achieve atleast 6As and 2Bs and 2Cs and 1 D

zubikhan wrote: »
    Well, I am definately dropping to pass for LC
    Never liked English, Now my aims for the JC has increased because I am soo motivated now to do well,
    and to top it all off, when I arrived home my dad came running to me and, he tripped(you might find it funny, even I kind of smirked) but he came and gave me a big smile and hug straight after getting up asking how I did, and the guilt I had of saying I did bad :(:(:(:(
    So now I am wanting to achieve atleast 6As and 2Bs and 2Cs and 1 D

The D.

The D.

I know it makes everything look so bad, stupid English, I should have dropped to ordinary level, just a few days before, but nooo I had to take on a challenge, stupid conscious

If I get a C because of it, I'd disagree. Whether or not I was done early doesn't dictate anything. I hope I get a B.

You're right on that but I was saying that you're lucky you didn't have to rush through your exam.

Lol I have no chance at all to get a C even if I attained all marks
    I for one believe they should give at least 3 hours for English
    2 and a half hours are too short, especially for those people(like me lol) who like to write detailed answers until they get every bit of informatio written and not stop

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

The themes on the paper 2 poem weren't really covered by my poems I studied. I only did Dulce et Decorum est and The lake isle of innisfree.

I did "The world around us" with Dulce et decorum est as my poem and just said that war is common thing in the world that we live in and it teaches us about the horrors of war. Is that okay? I don't think my answer was too bad.

• Advertisement

Btw guys enough moaning for me, it's over with it I cannot let it let my life done, infact I am happy this kind of stuff happened, now I am aiming for all A's for the remaining subjects par languages, I hate them as much as I hate English (Lol)
    I wanted to ask how many pages do you reckon were the booklets because I wanna know how many pages I done

The themes on the paper 2 poem weren't really covered by my poems I studied. I only did Dulce et Decorum est and The lake isle of innisfree.

I did "The world around us" with Dulce et decorum est as my poem and just said that war is common thing in the world that we live in and it teaches us about the horrors of war. Is that okay? I don't think my answer was too bad.

I'd say it's fine. I did the radio one and said that since young people will be the future leaders, entrepreneurs and other positions of power, that it was essential they learned about the horrors of war and how they affect people (Thus, mentioning Dulce et decorum est) and stopping them from ever considering war as a good solution to a problem. I also said since they are young people, they may not be accustomed to much death yet, and so (Mid-term break) would help them understand the different feelings associated with death and able to cope with them when they happened. At the start I mentioned how poems pass on wisdom to younger generations so that they won't have to learn them through trial and error. For these reasons young people should study poetry.

zubikhan wrote: »
    Btw guys enough moaning for me, it's over with it I cannot let it let my life done, infact I am happy this kind of stuff happened, now I am aiming for all A's for the remaining subjects par languages, I hate them as much as I hate English (Lol)
    I wanted to ask how many pages do you reckon were the booklets because I wanna know how many pages I done

I wonder too..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

I don't think I did that well in it to be honest I was rushed and running out of time for both papers and I was writing up to the very last second for paper 2 I actually don't know what I'm going to get but I'm hoping for a b but I have a feeling I'll get a c

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I don't think I did that well in it to be honest I was rushed and running out of time for both papers and I was writing up to the very last second for paper 2 I actually don't know what I'm going to get but I'm hoping for a b but I have a feeling I'll get a c

Yeah paper 2 I barely finished. For the unseen novel and the studied novel questions I really, really rushed them as I had only half an hour for the entire section left.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

How'd everyone find english? I thought it was good but paper 2 poem choices were horrible, heads down for irish, please God I hope I get an A

How'd everyone find english? I thought it was good but paper 2 poem choices were horrible, heads down for irish, please God I hope I get an A

Did you do question two on studied poetry?

Did you do question two on studied poetry?

nope i did the first one about the radio thing, i figured most people would choose the other one and find it hard so i gave myself the easy route :P And I remembered to say hello and stuff as if i was broadcasting... I'm still gonna mark myself down and say i got 20/30. for personal writing the essay i learned off came but i had 30 minutes to write it so the end was rushed. I was gonna piss myself rushing that **** :P

nope i did the first one about the radio thing, i figured most people would choose the other one and find it hard so i gave myself the easy route :P And I remembered to say hello and stuff as if i was broadcasting... I'm still gonna mark myself down and say i got 20/30. for personal writing the essay i learned off came but i had 30 minutes to write it so the end was rushed. I was gonna piss myself rushing that **** :P

I did the first one aswell, I was rushing like crazy but I used two Seamus Heaney ones and the reasons were fairly straightforward :) Yeah, I don't hink I actually finished the end of it, it was probably my own fault for writing like four pages -.-

• Advertisement

I did the first one aswell, I was rushing like crazy but I used two Seamus Heaney ones and the reasons were fairly straightforward :) Yeah, I don't hink I actually finished the end of it, it was probably my own fault for writing like four pages -.-

OMFG I DID 2 BY HEANEY TOO!! *AIR HAVE FIVE* I did digging and and mid-term break mine was like 3 and a half pages and then it left me like 10 minutes short but, i just got tired when it came to the novel i basically just scribbled down stupid things at the top of my head.

Advertisement