Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

OMFG I DID 2 BY HEANEY TOO!! *AIR HAVE FIVE* I did digging and and mid-term break mine was like 3 and a half pages and then it left me like 10 minutes short but, i just got tired when it came to the novel i basically just scribbled down stupid things at the top of my head.

Love Heaney! :PI used Follower and Blackberry Picking, and I was rushing my studied fiction answer too :( What novel did you study? Mine was To Kill a Mockingbird :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

OMG The 2 english papers were kind of easy. But I think I might have made the worst mistake ever. I did the second question on media studies and it said: state disadvantages and advantages and i stated them for the campaign NOT the poster, is that wrong? and I also did dis+ad for both of the campaigns together instead of doing ad+dis of this and then ad+dis of that

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

OMG The 2 english papers were kind of easy. But I think I might have made the worst mistake ever. I did the second question on media studies and it said: state disadvantages and advantages and i stated them for the campaign NOT the poster, is that wrong? and I also did dis+ad for both of the campaigns together instead of doing ad+dis of this and then ad+dis of that

i made the same mistake omg all my friends but according to arnie it's of the poster campaign so its right :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The question asks about the types of campaign. How you answered it sounds OK to me.

spurious wrote: »
    The question asks about the types of campaign. How you answered it sounds OK to me.

Really! sorry I posted it on the other forum cause I was freaking out ;) thank you, I feel better :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

<snipped image>
    Good feckin' riddance! :pac:

My friend told me (her parents are teachers) that you never do anything in pencil for the JC - not graphs for maths, science etc etc cause sometimes they put the exams on the radiators and pencil fades away, is that true? xD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

<snipped image>
    Good feckin' riddance! :pac

Please remove your exam number if you want to post that image again.

That's not my exam number.....It's simply my favourite numbers in no particular order :P

My friend told me (her parents are teachers) that you never do anything in pencil for the JC - not graphs for maths, science etc etc cause sometimes they put the exams on the radiators and pencil fades away, is that true? xD

Pencil can fade, yes, but there is no problem doing graphs etc. in pencil, in fact it's expected.
    Just don't use a very soft pencil as it smudges badly.

• Advertisement

yKTBMVI.jpg
    Good feckin' riddance!
    Better now?

Gotta love Paint
    :pac:

But I've a question,
    What significance does my exam number hold?
    It's not like anyone will use it or anything.
    I don't see the issue.

But I've a question,
    What significance does my exam number hold?
    It's not like anyone will use it or anything.
    I don't see the issue.

You'd be surprised what people could do with it.
    It's just not good practice and we don't need the SEC getting in touch again, for any reason.

You'd be surprised what people could do with it.
    It's just not good practice and we don't need the SEC getting in touch again, for any reason.
    Ah okay, doesn't quite make sense but I guess,
    11111, surely that's someone somewhere's exam number..
    I don't see any significance....
    Anyway, my overall thoughts of the paper were good.
    Everyone says it'll fly by now that the first one's over and done with!

Love Heaney! :PI used Follower and Blackberry Picking, and I was rushing my studied fiction answer too :( What novel did you study? Mine was To Kill a Mockingbird :)

to kill a mocking bird i dont know what i was at the examiner will probably think i started smoking weed at that stage. I said about how he accepted the tom Robinson case then i expanded to he wanted to combat racial prejudice bydefending him to his full ability regardless of what maycomb thinks and when scout says ****** he tells her not to say ****** he's trying to combat racism by getting his children to see its wrong and then at the court when he proves he's innocent... had like no quotes... woops

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

to kill a mocking bird i dont know what i was at the examiner will probably think i started smoking weed at that stage. I said about how he accepted the tom Robinson case then i expanded to he wanted to combat racial prejudice bydefending him to his full ability regardless of what maycomb thinks and when scout says ****** he tells her not to say ****** he's trying to combat racism by getting his children to see its wrong and then at the court when he proves he's innocent... had like no quotes... woops

I had like... 4? My answer was huge and I had 4 quotes. Like I always say, having a good understanding of the novel and having a comprehensive answer is step one, the quotes are little bonuses. Now I just need spurious to back that claim up.

Perfect sentence to capture the moment haha :D
    Yeah I talked about Atticus too, but I only managed to get in one quote! I had about ten minutes to get that whole section done and bits and bobs of previous qs done so I was just like writing down stuff and thinking about other things. I wish I could have gotten in more quotes.

I did Dulce Et Decorum Est, Merchant of Venice, and To Kill a Mockingbird

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I had like... 4? My answer was huge and I had 4 quotes. Like I always say, having a good understanding of the novel and having a comprehensive answer is step one, the quotes are little bonuses. Now I just need spurious to back that claim up.

lol the quotes i learned weren't there.... i said small quotes like saying "don't say ****** scout" "because If I didn't defend him I wouldn't be able to lift my head in town" "lawin for ****" those were the three i put in :L

I did Dulce Et Decorum Est, Merchant of Venice, and To Kill a Mockingbird

How are so many people doing DEDE? I didn't even bother trying to learn it!

• Advertisement

How are so many people doing DEDE? I didn't even bother trying to learn it!
    It's so easy though. I know like the whole poem off bar the odd word! :)

It's so easy though. I know like the whole poem off bar the odd word! :)

Must be just me haha :)

Must be just me haha :)
    Must be :p
    I was gonna do Base Details but decided on Dulce Et

anyone knows what did you have to write about the character profile in unseen drama, I just did frank and I basically described him and how he's patient but annoyed that rita was late, he was being nice by calling her previous work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

anyone knows what did you have to write about the character profile in unseen drama, I just did frank and I basically described him and how he's patient but annoyed that rita was late, he was being nice by calling her previous work etc.

I basically did the same for Rita, I just described her and what she seemed like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

this is a very weird question but whos a boy a here and whos a girl ?

Mary A wrote: »
    Look at my name :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Ive a brick of a nokia phone so im sorted :P i flippen want an a in geography but im not sure if i can even scrap a c

u iz smart. u will get A

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

i don't know how to predict but i'm expecting bron and uaigneas for studied filiocht and gra for the studied prose.. modh coiniollacht or a.c in the grammar section... Party to write about in the sceal of the letter :P Cheers :)

If the modh coiniollacht comes up I think I'm going to cry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Mary A wrote: »
    Arnie is obviously a boys name, my mother would of called me annie if I was a girl hahahaha. :cool:

Advertisement