Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

I thought that was what you could do, my teacher said that you could do all a or b.... it's a pity because I knew the answers to the ones in B too :(

your lucky your mistake isn't big it's only 5 marks you lost while i screwed up a 30 mark letter... there goes my a :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I'm genuinely considering doing 9 subjects so I don't have to rely on English and Irish for points. I'm going for medicine in TCD so that's at absolute minimum 480. I reckon that I can do app maths during non exam religion and then economics at home. I'd say I'd be able for it as I'm pretty capable, what do you all think? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

your lucky your mistake isn't big it's only 5 marks you lost while i screwed up a 30 mark letter... there goes my a :(

What did you do for your letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm genuinely considering doing 9 subjects so I don't have to rely on English and Irish for points. I'm going for medicine in TCD so that's at absolute minimum 480. I reckon that I can do app maths during non exam religion and then economics at home. I'd say I'd be able for it as I'm pretty capable, what do you all think? :/
    You're allowed to sub religion with a different subject?? :eek::eek::eek: 480 points is very achieveable! You'll get there :) Higher level maths get an extra 25 points anyway :cool:

What did you do for your letter?

i did the B one but screwed it up.

• Advertisement

You're allowed to sub religion with a different subject?? :eek::eek::eek: 480 points is very achieveable! You'll get there :) Higher level maths get an extra 25 points anyway :cool:

Well a guy in my school does App Maths in the time he does non exam religion, won't be hard to get exempt right, I'm an Atheist anyways.

I'm aiming for 600 but at least around the 550 mark. I think I'll do economics at home as the course is super short.

you do realize 480 is the minimum to get into a university like trinity you need up in the high 500's, I know someone who got 560 and they passed their hpat and they had to settle down for nui galway medicine.

Well a guy in my school does App Maths in the time he does non exam religion, won't be hard to get exempt right, I'm an Atheist anyways.

I'm aiming for 600 but at least around the 550 mark. I think I'll do economics at home as the course is super short.
    Is economics basically business? XD I'm aiming for 550 ... 555 would be nice, but yea XD.:pac:

you do realize 480 is the minimum to get into a university like trinity you need up in the high 500's, I know someone who got 560 and they passed their hpat and they had to settle down for nui galway medicine.
    Many courses in trinity require less points than 480 ...

Many courses in trinity require less points than 480 ...

she wants to do medicine in trinity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

i did the B one but screwed it up.

Did you write about a band that you like? A friend of mine did that, he was sorry he didn't pick the first one. I was so happy that music came up because I had a load of it done for my oral prep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

I am looking forward to get either in Pharmacy,optician or a ear doctor(lol, do not know what they are called)(I am very fascinated by ears, ;))

Did you write about a band that you like? A friend of mine did that, he was sorry he didn't pick the first one. I was so happy that music came up because I had a load of it done for my oral prep

i wrote about a band i like but the question was a band your in....

480 is min in leaving cert(obviously the more the better, but below that you won't be able to obtain points required), then you have to do the HPAT(if you get 480, you need 100% on HPAT) to get another 200-300 points. I think it's like 700 points for med in trinity, and MmmPancakes is a guy? :confused::pac:

It says for undergrad medicine the minimum is 480, but you need to do extremely well in the HPAT. That's why I want to get at least 550

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

It says for undergrad medicine the minimum is 480, but you need to do extremely well in the HPAT. That's why I want to get at least 550

Jeez, that would make me cry, I'm going for 510 :I

Also pretty sure you need a combined score of I think it's 720 (?) in points and the hpat. Maybe she didn't do well enough in it

By the time you're finished the degree, you'll be late 20s. Do you really want to finish college in your late 20s? Personally, that's way to long for me XD. :p

Also pretty sure you need a combined score of I think it's 720 (?) in points and the hpat. Maybe she didn't do well enough in it

no she did well in the hpat or else she wouldnt be accepted into medicine at all

By the time you're finished the degree, you'll be late 20s. Do you really want to finish college in your late 20s? Personally, that's way to long for me XD. :p

skipping ty and want to do medicine :P so that will make me a year younger and im currently 14 well 15 on maths paper 2 so i will be like 17 in college and 23 leaving, early 20s

• Advertisement

no she did well in the hpat or else she wouldnt be accepted into medicine at all

http://prntscr.com/18ky92

Maybe the other few thousand applicants did better than she did overall. There is only 123 places available, and a huge number apply. So yeah, maybe she didn't do as well as they did. Otherwise it makes no sense.

http://prntscr.com/18ky92

Maybe the other few thousand applicants did better than she did overall. There is only 123 places available, and a huge number apply. So yeah, maybe she didn't do as well as they did. Otherwise it makes no sense.

yea but thats what i mean if you aim for 480 you will be in tough competition

yea but thats what i mean if you aim for 480 you will be in tough competition

I told you I'm aiming for at least 550 ;D

I told you I'm aiming for at least 550 ;D

ohh sorry i was sure you said 480 some where

ohh sorry i was sure you said 480 some where

Yeah that's the mimimum entry in terms of points, it's very unlikely you'll get in with 480 though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'll be 25/26 finishing college. That's plenty for me! I'll be 19 finishing LC. Enjoy your youth while you can. You've 40 good years (if nothing goes wrong!! :O) to be old xD

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I'll be 25/26 finishing college. That's plenty for me! I'll be 19 finishing LC. Enjoy your youth while you can. You've 40 good years (if nothing goes wrong!! :O) to be old xD

You doing medicine too? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

You doing medicine too? :D
    Yup :D Hopefully in the UK so I'd need about 4 As and 2 Bs at HL to get in but I'd be looking for 6 As to help my chances (AFAIK they consider A2s A grades so it's a bit easier)! They consider your JC grades as well :O So it's a lot of pressure! xD If I don't go the UK I'd like to go to Dublin in UCD or Trinity maybe. I'd love to go to UL but it only does graduate medicine, so maybe! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DuggiexD

My maths teacher thinks that because of the new project maths this year the paper 2 will be marked easier, just to show its working. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

it was supposed to be me in a band but i talked about a band and the event happened and i talked about the event going to happen :(

I did the exact same as you :( Bad Luck :(

Advertisement