Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

yea i know them all appart from that one and its prob gonna come up

Somebody else said on a thread that that might not come up seeing as the department just changed the "YOU CAN NOT PROVE WITH A SQUARE!!!" part. They'd get loads of backlash off students as apparently some people (quite a few on boards) didn't know that they had changed it. So hopefully 4,6,9 or 19 come up *fingers crossed* (personally I'm hoping for 4 ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

whats the paper 1 project maths 2013 thing on examinations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Somebody else said on a thread that that might not come up seeing as the department just changed the "YOU CAN NOT PROVE WITH A SQUARE!!!" part. They'd get loads of backlash off students as apparently some people (quite a few on boards) didn't know that they had changed it. So hopefully 4,6,9 or 19 come up *fingers crossed* (personally I'm hoping for 4 ;) )

what do you mean they changed you can not prove with a square?

examstress wrote: »
    whats the paper 1 project maths 2013 thing on examinations ?

some schools 24 pilot schools do different maths than the whole country

what do you mean they changed you can not prove with a square?

You didn't know??? This is the new "accepted" version
    picture.php?albumid=309&pictureid=14854

• Advertisement

YOUR ****ING KIDDING ME? THE SQUARE AND THE CIRCLE ONE ISNT ACCEPTED?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Crap, i only learned the square way. Will it say "you cannot use the square" or sumthing like that so we have to use that way?

YOUR ****ING KIDDING ME? THE SQUARE AND THE CIRCLE ONE ISNT ACCEPTED?

*cowers* No it isn't, please but don't hit me

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Crap, i only learned the square way. Will it say "you cannot use the square" or sumthing like that so we have to use that way?

Rumour has it, it won't come up because ^^^as shown from above. The majority of people don't know that the square is not acceptable anymore. Theorem 19 or the "one about the arc" seems more likely to come up but that's just a guess

Rumour has it, it won't come up because ^^^as shown from above. The majority of people don't know that the square is not acceptable anymore. Theorem 19 or the "one about the arc" seems more likely to come up but that's just a guess

SHALL I GO JUMP OF A CLIFF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 74trinity

Well, I think that (wait for it) no theorem will come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

74trinity wrote: »

In the 2013 samples there was no theorem, is this an indication? Angle at the centre of the circle came up last year so I'm doubtful it will come up again...

In the 2013 samples there was no theorem, is this an indication? Angle at the centre of the circle came up last year so I'm doubtful it will come up again...

I hope there's no theorem or "all angles in a triangle = 180" comes up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Why are so many stressing over theorems? I mean they didn't come up in the 2013 SEC paper and even when they did in 2012, it is still only worth about 16 marks out of the 600 overall. Obviously good to go over them but I wouldn't worry too much, to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Well if the square method is not accepted looks like my teacher has a lot of explaining to do

Why are so many stressing over theorems? I mean they didn't come up in the 2013 SEC paper and even when they did in 2012, it is still only worth about 16 marks out of the 600 overall. Obviously good to go over them but I wouldn't worry too much, to be honest.

What are you going over?

What are you going over?

it is actually 20 and that 20 could be the difference between your A and B
    it also gives you a headstart knowing that you know the answer of a question that is definitely going to come up.

But for people like me (especially in maths) every mark counts!

But for people like me (especially in maths) every mark counts!

I need to do well in a theorem if it comes up because no doubt I will make stupid mistakes everywhere else!

I think they should raise the marks for the theorems or other wise people do not bother learning them and say i't be grand like
    They should have at least raised the marks to 30, this would had made loads of people motivated and happy going in the exam knowing that they have 10% of p2 already in their hands

• Advertisement

zubikhan wrote: »
    I think they should raise the marks for the theorems or other wise people do not bother learning them and say i't be grand like
    They should have at least raised the marks to 30, this would had made loads of people motivated and happy going in the exam knowing that they have 10% of p2 already in their hands

If they put on two theorems with 15 marks each I think that would be good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

zubikhan wrote: »
    it is actually 20 and that 20 could be the difference between your A and B
    it also gives you a headstart knowing that you know the answer of a question that is definitely going to come up.

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2012/JC003ALP030EV.pdf
    Question 14, page 57. Says 16 marks.

Ask your teacher tomorrow, I bet you she/he will say 20 marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

74trinity wrote: »

Any other predictions?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

What do you guys feel the hardest part of the Business Studies exam is? I think it's the short questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Snncc

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    What do you guys feel the hardest part of the Business Studies exam is? I think it's the short questions.

Definitely, they're so broad. At least in the long questions you've got a pretty good idea of what will come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I agree with you in part. Usually they aren't too hard but the double entry i find annoying. Sometimes I feel like i know what I'm doing but other times, i put them in other way around.

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I agree with you in part. Usually they aren't too hard but the double entry i find annoying. Sometimes I feel like i know what I'm doing but other times, i put them in other way around.

whos hoping for an a in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

whos hoping for an a in business?

My teacher told me she'd murder me if I don't get one :L

• Advertisement

My teacher told me she'd murder me if I don't get one :L

my teacher expects me to get one too i dont know what im doing on boards at 7 im gonna go and study

Advertisement