Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

whos hoping for an a in business?

It is the one subject that I will freak out if I get lower than an A in September because I'm in top honours business and I have an amazing teacher and it would just mean that I don't care about the subject one bit if I get lower than an A.

I got 76% in our Paper 1 for the Mocks and 86% in Paper 2 which is an overall of 80% which really does reinforce the fact that I need to get an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Business is one of my best subjects so aiming for an A and hopefully long Q's will go in my favour

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

I do Latin so I don't finish till the last day ughhh

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I do Latin so I don't finish till the last day ughhh

WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :P sorry had to say it, any1 who does Latin, Classics, Ancient Greek and Italien have exams on last day
    Although, insaying that im not done until the day before :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

My last and worst exam is metalwork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

My last and worst exam is metalwork

im off this week :D last exam on friday

Bluestrike wrote: »
    WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :P sorry had to say it, any1 who does Latin, Classics, Ancient Greek and Italien have exams on last day
    Although, insaying that im not done until the day before :P

I have music the day before and I freakin love music so I'm glad I picked that but Latin is my worst subject :(

Day off tomorrow no business for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

An operating statement is:

1)Cash reveived and paid for a club for a period

2)The profit or loss made by a service firm for a period

3)The assets and liabilities of a trading firm on a particular date

4)The amount of a product made by a manufacturer for a period

Can someone please tell me which of the above is the right one? And it would be great if you could tell me what 1, 2 and 4 are, I think 3 is an Accumulated Fund.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Monaghan hardy lawd

I'm Paul, I'm a (hardy) Lad and I'm from Monaghan. (seriously this is the most Irish website on the entire internet and it's spell check doesn't recognize Monaghan, shame on ye!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have business tomorrow....so tempted dropping down to ordinary level so I can watch Nintendo's E3 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I have business tomorrow....so tempted dropping down to ordinary level so I can watch Nintendo's E3 lol

first world problems lol

It will probably be some awful version of the wii again ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

first world problems lol

It will probably be some awful version of the wii again ;)
    Mhm. Not so much that, I'm shíte at business hate the accountancy part, most of my friends do ordinary too and it would be nice to get off at what? 12? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Can't wait for Sony's E3! :D I'm going to stay up to watch it live! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

Anyone here do Tech ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Val97 wrote: »
    Anyone here do Tech ?:)

Yep, there's a discussion thread on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

staying up all night to try and cram the whole course in 6 hours !!!!!
    I need to get at least 4/5 A's or else...... :(

Hey,
    I was wondering when do the marking schemes become available ??
    Is it after our results or before ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

zubikhan wrote: »
    Hey,
    I was wondering when do the marking schemes become available ??
    Is it after our results or before ??

After the results.

To be honest, the big push in the SEC between now and mid-August is the LC. They turn their attention to processing the JC stuff once the LC results are issued.

Hey guys, I have been wondering and this kind of bothered me so I was looking for a bit of help
    I do Italian and German and both of those languages I took an oral and got 19% out of 20% in both of um.
    The problem lies is that I do HL, and there is no way, I mean NO WAY I will be getting close to B, so I am predicting a C, that is why I did the orals for both of um.
    But... here is where it comes into a stupid part....
    In the result sheet I would rather see 2B's then 2'Cs
    I mean have a look at this
    Cspe A
    Science A
    Wood A
    Business A/B
    History A/B
    Maths B
    Geography B
    Metal B
    German C
    Italian C
    English D
    Would you rather see this in your results sheet, oh by the way the business might, I mean just might be a B
    or would you rather see this in your results sheet
    Cspe A
    Science A
    Wood A
    Business A/B
    History A/B
    Maths B
    Geography B
    Metal B
    German B(O)
    Italian B(O)
    English D
    I know the ordinary level B is like a D and all but like in appearance wise it looks good on the paper, so I was thinking would it be wise to drop to O level, like I will have no troubles getting a C in both of my languages in H but it is just that I hate having to look at C, I mean comon, When people look at your grades, they have a look at your grade first not the level.
    And the worst of all is that my parents do not even understand the concept of O level and H level. If I bring them a B in HL maths and there will be another guy who will have a A in O level maths, they will consider that person's better, so that is another downfall of why I shall even bother doing HL languages, in LC, I have already picked 7 subjects to learn and 1 of them is Italian.
    Any advice ?? Thanks
    (btw, if I do happen to change to O level, what will come of my oral ??)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just as people know the difference between a Nissan Micra and a Ferrari, they know the difference between Higher and Ordinary Level.

It's quite simple to show your parents the difference, if, as you say, they can't grasp it. (?).

Don't change level for such a silly reason as 'it will look better'. Besides, for JC you will need a letter to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I don't have a clue about the Plantations in history. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

I would be so grateful if someone could point out my mistakes in this letter!

Dublin, le 3 mai
    Cher Robert,

Je serai de retour de mon voyage scolaire á Paris! J'ai arrive chez moi hier soir en bateau. Il était un long voyage et malheureusement, la mer a été trés agitée- c'etait casse-pieds! Cependant, j'étais heureuse car je n'ai pas eu le mal de mer.
    C'etait un experience super, cela m'a beaucoup plu. J'ai fait tout les choses tous les jours! J'ai passé dix jours lá-bas. Au debut, j'ai visité le musée avec mes camarades et mon prof de francais. Il était trés interessant mais un peu fatigant.
    Le seule chose j'ai préfére était la nourriture. Tu as de la chance, la cuisine de la France, c'est genial! Chaque diner, j'ai mangé un grand repas, mon plat préfére était les escargots!
    J'ai fait des echats aussi, j'ai acheté un nouveau survetemant, c'est chouette! C'est bleu avec un peu rouge. C'est enorme aussi, ma mere pense qu'il est trop large pour moi! En revanche, il me faire trés comfortable.
    As-tu des projects pour les vacances? Tu visiteras tes grands-parents á Limerick encore? Mes vacances? J'ai organise beaucoup de choses! Je travaillerai dans un petit boulot a cóte de ma maison pour une mois. Il sera un peu ennuyeux mais je gagnerai beaucoup de l'argent pour acheter un nouveau portable. Je passerai juillet á mon gíte á Wicklow. Il se trouve au bord de la mer et j'adore faire de la natation donc c'est parfait pour moi! Il y a un centre du shopping á cinq kilometre de mon gíte donc je ferai des achets aussi.
    Voilá, c'est tout pour l'instant! Je dois aller, mon díner m'attend sur la table. Ecris-moi vite, j'attends avec impatience de ton reponse,

Á Bientót,

Bronagh

ps. Some of the fáda's are wrong and I don't know how to do a hat fáda so please don't point out those mistakes. I'd also be sooo grateful if you could grade it, do you think it's good enough for an A? Honestly please!

Thanks

Sorry I'm not the classic Irish A1 kid, is anyone getting up early tomorrow to study for the whole day and cram history or are some of you having the so-called "lie in" :P I'm gonna get up early.. and memorize the history so much to learn.

Sorry I'm not the classic Irish A1 kid, is anyone getting up early tomorrow to study for the whole day and cram history or are some of you having the so-called "lie in" :P I'm gonna get up early.. and memorize the history so much to learn.
    Waking up at 6am like a boss :cool: I don't do french so I will cram till 1.30pm :D.

Il be fine once Martin Luther comes up :P

Same :p and if martin luther doesn't come up your in a muddle, I'd learn a few lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Waking up at 6am like a boss :cool: I don't do french so I will cram till 1.30pm :D.

Same :L I'll boardsya in the morning :L

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Same :L I'll boardsya in the morning :L
    Talk to ya at 6am ;). :D

• Advertisement

Same :p and if martin luther doesn't come up your in a muddle, I'd learn a few lol.

I know like 6 of them but I just know Martin Luther so well ! ahah :)

Advertisement