Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2012/2013 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

OisinLAD wrote: »
    What??????? Why have you never watched it? :O

No, I've only read the books. Which came out first, as you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    No, I've only read the books. Which came out first, as you'd expect.

I know.. but the books were moulded into a TV series sooooo well :D

You're missing out

OisinLAD wrote: »
    I know.. but the books were moulded into a TV series sooooo well :D

You're missing out

I've watched the first episode, I don't think I'm missing out. Don't get me wrong, it's done very well, the T.V. show, I mean. But when you've read the books, which are infinitely better, the show is dull and overall not very interesting. Sorry if that sounds sort of stuck up, but it's just what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I've watched the first episode, I don't think I'm missing out. Don't get me wrong, it's done very well, the T.V. show, I mean. But when you've read the books, which are infinitely better, the show is dull and overall not very interesting. Sorry if that sounds sort of stuck up, but it's just what I think.

Yeah fair enough it's a matter of opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Would you gals and gents reconmmend Game Of Thrones for a good read?

• Advertisement

Would you gals and gents reconmmend Game Of Thrones for a good read?

I would, actually, I'd recommend the whole "A song of ice and fire" series.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I've never seen or read the Games of Thrones stuff. Don't plan to either.

I'm sorry.

Stooped wrote: »
    I've never seen or read the Games of Thrones stuff. Don't plan to either.

I'm sorry.

It's cool? Not everybody's cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Ah lads freedom is great! Getting some of my LC books now and they're looking grand, just back from Germany with loads of CDs and films and I'm having a great time with the lovely weather ;) Gaeltacht in 2 weeks!

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Ah lads freedom is great! Getting some of my LC books now and they're looking grand, just back from Germany with loads of CDs and films and I'm having a great time with the lovely weather ;) Gaeltacht in 2 weeks!
    Enjoy the leaving cert! Let me know how it goes in two years ;).

• Advertisement

Enjoy the leaving cert! Let me know how it goes in two years ;).

Don't worry, I'll be laughing at you from NUIG in 3 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I thought this forum was dead after the JC but apparently there are some loyalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

onlinenerd wrote: »
    I thought this forum was dead after the JC but apparently there are some loyalists.
    Some of us never leave :cool:

onlinenerd wrote: »

We've got nothing else to do we're all hermits living in a vow of silence in a hole in the desert, we have a pledge of silence and voice our thoughts through boards.ie, our only food source is a nearby juniper bush and Brian is not the messiah he hurt my foot!

Please tell me somebody got this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

We've got nothing else to do we're all hermits living in a vow of silence in a hole in the desert, we have a pledge of silence and voice our thoughts through boards.ie, our only food source is a nearby juniper bush and Brian is not the messiah he hurt my foot!

Please tell me somebody got this :rolleyes:

I got lost at juniper bush...

Just finished reading "The Interrogator", it took me three days to read 369 pages. I'm going to rent out the 2nd and 3rd Hunger Games books and try read both in six days (three days each) :). I hope you gals and guys are having as much fun as I am! :D

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I got lost at juniper bush...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc
    Crappy quality but anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krb2OdQksMc
    Crappy quality but anyways...

...What the hell did I just watch.

MomijiHime wrote: »
    ...What the hell did I just watch.

Mwahahahaha, Monty Python strikes again....

Gaeltacht on Sunday...yawk :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Gaeltacht on Sunday...yawk :(

Never been to one... is it that bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Just finished reading "The Interrogator", it took me three days to read 369 pages. I'm going to rent out the 2nd and 3rd Hunger Games books and try read both in six days (three days each) :). I hope you gals and guys are having as much fun as I am! :D

I'm finally getting round to Steve Jobs, got the book last year but thanks to the JC didn't get round to getting past page 5.

I remember reading that Steve Jobs book. I don't recall anything from it, I sort of stumbled through, quite bored the whole time.

I'm finally going to dinner with my family tomorrow to celebrate the end of the JC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Reading a Game of thrones first book of A Song of Ice and Fire, after watching all of the episodes on the internet, at 70 pages in I'm really surprised how well the TV series stuck to the book, almost everything a character says in the book shows up in the TV series.

It would be so horribly unfortunate if the 'Royal baby' is born on my birthday :(:mad:

It would be so horribly unfortunate if the 'Royal baby' is born on my birthday :(:mad:
    Happy birthday mate! :) I think the baby is either already born or is due for tomorrow.

Happy birthday mate! :) I think the baby is either already born or is due for tomorrow.

I think it was born this morning -a boy and the first to be third in line to the throne since the Victorian era.

Thanks haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

I've just read shadow and bone by leigh bardugo.. it was pretty good :) I did a review on my youtube channel if ye wanna check it out :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvtl4wbisMs

now that it's summer I'm off building my youtube empire haha ;)

Advertisement