Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc blocking sites ???

• 19-08-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭

hi all,
    a few days ago i tried to get on a website but it kept timing out, so naturally enough i thought nothing of it. however when i tried the website using a proxy , i had no trouble getting onto the website. so im guessing upc have that site blocked :mad: ???

to any of ye use that upc, can ye try to access the site to check if it is blocked and report back, i would greatly appreciate it.

REMOVED

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

No issues with this website

Clean the cache or try different browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Well your link is malformed. When entered properly it loads up fine for me, on upc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

yup, no probs for me either - i'm on upc in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

UPC here too and no problem with the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

that site is an advert ridden pain in the ass tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

thanks all. i cleaned the cache using ccleaner but still no joy. i also tried a different web browser. btw..... it also does not work at my sisters house, she lives down the road from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

john 08 wrote: »
    thanks all. i cleaned the cache using ccleaner but still no joy. i also tried a different web browser. btw..... it also does not work at my sisters house, she lives down the road from me.

Could be a local problem best to give UPC a ring.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try going to REMOVED

If this is ok, will be a dns issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

MarkR wrote: »
    Try going to REMOVED

If this is ok, will be a dns issue.

does nt work. keeps timing out also. i think i better give them a ring.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads, come on you know the rules well enough at this stage! Op banned and thread locked
    read the charter lads, no copyright material and no warez!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement