Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite Clubs Best Transfer ''Saga''

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fraser Forster

A transfer that took 2 years to complete!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

portsmouth, now there's a transfer saga. 15 players signed in one go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Tevez and Mascherano. I woke up the morning of transfer deadline day with a rake of texts about it and was sure it was an organised plot from my mates to wind me up.
    People were tipping us for Champions League and all that season. We went on to lose 8 of our next 9 games in all competitions and Tevez only really got going in the last 2 months of the season.

Definately this one, i remember going to bed and the last i heard was both were spotted in london, i'm an Arsenal fan and was sure it was to join us. I dropped my cornflakes the following morning when i switched to skysp news and saw both in w.ham tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Wow. People really think that's what it was?

I think anyone thinking otherwise has a clear inability to read between the lines.

I did think it was quite funny that a load of United fans had burnt their printed Rooney jerseys outside his house after falling for it (even though they were not the intended victims of the ruse) but sure it was win win for United- made Rooney appear unobtainable to every other club and the fans ran out and bought themselves replacement jerseys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Tevez and Mascherano. I woke up the morning of transfer deadline day with a rake of texts about it and was sure it was an organised plot from my mates to wind me up.
    People were tipping us for Champions League and all that season. We went on to lose 8 of our next 9 games in all competitions and Tevez only really got going in the last 2 months of the season.

Yeah this was the most shocking transfer I've ever known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Cruijff from Ajax to Feyenoord in 1983.

Cruijff being pissed off at Ajax for some reason went to Feyenoord, agreed on a contract partly based on attendence turn over and won the double at the end of that season.

A player moving from Ajax to Feyenoord or v.v is a bit like moving from Rangers to Celtic.

And here we were talking about the most famous Ajax player ever to do just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭bren2001

Paul Green to leeds, found it laughable that a club signed the chap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Saga - Definition: A long series of events, or a description of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

John Obi Mikel.

The fact we basically took him from the doors of Old Trafford made it even sweeter :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

John Obi Mikel.

The fact we basically took him from the doors of Old Trafford made it even sweeter :pac:
    How is having to pay united for a player that was never actually theirs 'sweet'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

In the EPL, I enjoyed the Stevie G to Chelsea saga.

In the LOI, I think Crowe, Hawkins and Ryan to Shels has been the number one of the last 15 years.

Advertisement