Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

be-dazzled

Options
  • 19-08-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I replaced my Motorola cordless phones with a Philips model. Instead of improving the capabilities, I seem to be going steadily backwards. 4 years ago when I bought the first cordless system, I was able to insert my SIM card and download the phonebook to the telephone. That system gave up the ghost, and I replaced it with a BT model, into which I had to manually insert the phonebook. Next model was a Motorola, which was able to transfer the phonebook from handset to handset! The sizzling got so bad that after a year I've had to replace it, this time with a Philips. I've manually put all the contacts into it, and now I find there is no facility to copy the phonebook to other handsets! Also the script on the display is spindly and difficult to read. Does anybody know of a phone with a decent script and able to copy phonebooks and is easy to navigate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Why didnt you read the list of functions on the back of the box before you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

syklops wrote: »
    Why didnt you read the list of functions on the back of the box before you bought it?

There was very little information on the box, and I relied on the manual for more information. However what I need is to hear from anybody who can recommend a phone, because I'm completely baffled at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The siemens gigaset ones are very good phones and do not make any noises. You can do contacts in most models but I'm not a 100% sure if there is a copy feature to other phones, that you would need to run by the manual. The siemens are easy to navigate.

Why don't you just type out the numbers and keep them with the phones. Laminate them too.

Advertisement