Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contract vs time worked ?

Options
  • 19-08-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi there,

just wondering can you help me.

I have been for the past 3 years working a 39 hour week for my employer. My actual contract is for 20 hours per week. The remainder is put through at basic pay as it does not exceed 39 hours - this is ok. They will not change my contract and I have tried several times to get this done, but they tell me they cant do it.

My issue is; holidays and bank holiday pay ?
    bank holidays - I don't get paid when I am off on a bank holiday ?; looking at NERA's website it appears I should be....? as I have been working a full time amount of hours for so long ? Are they entitled to do this ?

Holiday pay - my employer gives me my entitlement based on my contract instead of based on my hours worked ? - are they entitled to do this ? I work 39 hours each week. For the year I only get my holidays based on my contract ?

if anyone has any help it would be much appreciated.

many thanks

Comments

Advertisement